Gen4: Encounter Type PID Mismatch

iChaos92

Hi

As I seem not to be the only one with the "Encounter Type PID Mismatch" on Gen4 problem after an update, I have some questions;

I plan to transfer them to Gen5,6 and 7 - will the PID be changed on the transfer to newer generations? Could it be, that the problem will be solved after a "Gen"-Transfer?

Is there a guided way to generate a new valid PID with the RNG Reporter? Is there any other way to avoid this problem, when editing a pkmn on PkHex?

Thanks a lot :)

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Did you even read the guide? (It's linked on top >< )

its not a bug of PKHeX.

it shows up because you badly hacked a Gen 3 or 4 Pokemon 

I read it, sorry i'm a bit confused so the pokemon can be used online or not? Because according to the tutorial PKHex says it's legal but the red phrase at the top says don't use it online, tahnks a lot!

5 minutes ago, Charzor said:

I read it, sorry i'm a bit confused so the pokemon can be used online or not? Because according to the tutorial PKHex says it's legal but the red phrase at the top says don't use it online, tahnks a lot!

We don't support using hacked Pokemon online.
As long as you modify the PID, nature, anything that makes it considered significantly hacked, we don't condone it being used against unknowing parties.

Read this page:

28 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

We don't support using hacked Pokemon online.
As long as you modify the PID, nature, anything that makes it considered significantly hacked, we don't condone it being used against unknowing parties.

Read this page:

I read it when suscribed thanks! Yeah i play with friends only but online i was worried about ban thanks a lot for your patience!!

• Like 1

Hi everyone. I'd like to confirm that it IS in fact a bug, or, at least, there is a bug there. It may not apply to ALL of you, *but*, it may be helpful. I found that, in HeartGold, with the Cute Charm glitch, a PID generated "in-game" of 0000000A or 0000000B will be flagged by PkHex as invalid, marking it as PID Type: G5MGShiny, instead of Cute Charm, despite it being valid, as all pokemon generated by the game itself without external forces usually are. Upon further testing, all gen 4 games are afflicted with this issue, as PkHex is bugged, at least for now. Hopefully they fix this. For all other cases though, I agree, it's an invalid PID, use RNG Reporter or PokeGen.

Edited by HaxMaster5235