Under Level Collection

jojo12100

• 2 months later...

By a stroke of ridiculous luck, I got a level one Luxray on Pokemon Go.
I don't think there's any way to share it sadly, but when there eventually is through the switch, I'd be up for adding it to the collection.

I also have a level 5 one that I obtained earlier.

I know it was a while ago, but there were some questions earlier in the thread about how you do this:  it literally has to be the first action you take on a new account.

Spinning a stop or catching a Pokemon always gives enough XP to raise to level 2. After that it's impossible to get a level 1 egg.  The level of an egg exactly matches your trainer level, there's no randomness to it. Fortunately this is calculated before you get the XP that comes from receiving the egg.

(Catching the first squirtle/charmander/bulbasaur does not count as an action, it's fully scripted and gives no XP).

Absol and Mawile recently became possible to get at level 1 (because they spawned in the wild for a week), leaving just a handful of things that can't be level 1 in Pokemon go:

Can only be obtained through crazy egg luck:
Nincada, Ninjask 
Klink, Klang, Klinklang 
Shinx, Luxio, Luxray

Can't be obtained at all:
Shedinja
Alolan Marowak
Alolan Raichu

Edited by CryHaddock
  • Amazed 1

On my side I gave up with the Shinx/Nincada families.

I hoped too much for Nincada last week during the Montreal event.

And now I even struggle to see any wild Litwick/Deino or Ferroseed.

Not counting the Mime Jr case in 5km eggs in Europe and the recent cluster changes I'm gonna leave soon I think.

Can't enjoy that mess anymore.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@Starf Berry What a nice collection, too bad some are shiny locked (GSC Rapidash for example). Technically you can get shiny in-game trade from Japanese versions and transfer them. At least you should try.

@Qaaz Actually I don't think it's a really interesting thing to do for underleved, maybe we should make a list of moves exclusive to Let's Go, it could be great. The reason is technically the moves don't disappear they are just not usable. That thing give me hope to be allowed to transfer purify Pokemon to Home (and maybe Go exclusive moves).

I'd love we finally find an easiest way to get lv1 Ninjask, Luxio, Luxray, Klang, Klingklang from GO but I personnally gave up.

Note that with the recent politics of GF I'm gonna leave the franchise soon, I can't tolerate what they have done. Really sad they destroyed our franchise like that. Sorry to let so much mysteries unsolved.

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 11:30 PM, jojo12100 said:

@Qaaz Actually I don't think it's a really interesting thing to do for underleved, maybe we should make a list of moves exclusive to Let's Go, it could be great. The reason is technically the moves don't disappear they are just not usable. That thing give me hope to be allowed to transfer purify Pokemon to Home (and maybe Go exclusive moves).

I'd love we finally find an easiest way to get lv1 Ninjask, Luxio, Luxray, Klang, Klingklang from GO but I personnally gave up.

Note that with the recent politics of GF I'm gonna leave the franchise soon, I can't tolerate what they have done. Really sad they destroyed our franchise like that. Sorry to let so much mysteries unsolved.

Sorry for the late response, hope you didn't actually stopped. I don't see it as stupid, as you say the snapped moves simple don't work because for example Unown are not in the game but when Gen 4 remakes come out Unown are in and so Hidden Power. When I posted this I didn't have the full picture so now I agree with you that are now necessary as  if I have a Unown on Home they will have the Hidden Power and it will work on next game.

As for the Go lvl 1 mons yes its something that I already have considered myself

Hope to see you around. Don't stop just because of Dexit 

15 hours ago, Qaaz said:

Sorry for the late response, hope you didn't actually stopped. I don't see it as stupid, as you say the snapped moves simple don't work because for example Unown are not in the game but when Gen 4 remakes come out Unown are in and so Hidden Power. When I posted this I didn't have the full picture so now I agree with you that are now necessary as  if I have a Unown on Home they will have the Hidden Power and it will work on next game.

As for the Go lvl 1 mons yes its something that I already have considered myself

Hope to see you around. Don't stop just because of Dexit 

I forced myself to play SwSh regardless of Dexit but I realized I can't get any underleved of these games now Wild area Pokemon are all level 60. So yes I'm done with the franchise.

I began a list of underleved in SwSh tell me if you want I release it or not.

Also Nincada can't be obtained anymore in Go, yeah good job Niantics!

23 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

I forced myself to play SwSh regardless of Dexit but I realized I can't get any underleved of these games now Wild area Pokemon are all level 60. So yes I'm done with the franchise.

Presently, eggs can evolved before hatched, using a glitch.

In that sense, almost every Pokémon that can breed in those games, can be obtained at lv 1, barring stone evolutions.
(tho some stone evolutions can be obtained at lv 1 natively anyway)

Additionally, those mons can be traded online. Presumably they allowed lv 1 evolutions to be traded, because eventually Pokémon GO support (via HOME) will be added.

6 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Yes why, not. Plus what @theSLAYER said about the glitch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/2/2020 at 11:18 AM, jojo12100 said:

I'm interested in hearing what underlevelled things you've found in Sword Shield.
It's true you can't find low level things once you've finished the game, but what you can do is start a second save file without affecting the first.   You can quickly get to the wild area and get low level wild spawns (people also do this to get unevolved Pokemon from raids)

I've already done that part, but I don't know where I should be finding underlevelled things (except for level 15 Ninjask, which I already have)

There's no way to get Eternatus, Zacian or Zamazenta to dynamax.
They are probably saving it for the DLC.  At first I thought it was a 'stop them being completely overpowered' thing, but all of the old legendaries can dynamax just fine.

Edited by CryHaddock

• 2 months later...
On 1/2/2020 at 12:18 PM, jojo12100 said:

Hi @jojo12100,

I left the franchise after Gen3's incompatibility with Gen2, but came back for Gen5. Have a break and you might come back.

I found 5 Underleveled Pokemon post-game outside of the Wild Area. Wish I'd known as well before progressing through the game.

Corviknight Route 7, Drapion Route 8, Jellicent Route 9, Wailord Route 9, Vanilluxe Route 10.

Is there more on your list outside of the Wild Area?

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 1:34 PM, Schnell said:

Hi @jojo12100,

I left the franchise after Gen3's incompatibility with Gen2, but came back for Gen5. Have a break and you might come back.

I found 5 Underleveled Pokemon post-game outside of the Wild Area. Wish I'd known as well before progressing through the game.

Corviknight Route 7, Drapion Route 8, Jellicent Route 9, Wailord Route 9, Vanilluxe Route 10.

Is there more on your list outside of the Wild Area?

Here's my list for Gen8 before DLC:

corviknight lv36 route 7*
wailord lv39 route 9
vanilluxe route 10 lv45
jellicent lv39 route 9
drapion lv38 route 8
butterfree lv7 rolling fields
ninjask rolling fields lv15*
diggersby lv14 north lake miloch*
nuzzleaf lv7 rolling fields* shield
quagsire lv15 west lake axewell*
lanturn bridge field lv26
hippodown lv26 giant's mirror*
golurk lv40 watchtower ruins
rhydon lv40 dusty bowl
glalie lv40 watchtower ruins
lombre dappled grove lv13 shield
toxicroak lv28 stony wilderness shield

Cannot be apparently obtained: gothorita giant cap lv29 sword

DLC have some very interesting too:

Palossand lv32

Toxapex lv20

Malamar lv26

Talonflame lv32

Volcarona lv42

Braviary lv26

Amoonguus lv26

Scrafty lv26

Crustle lv26

Drapion lv22

Drifblim lv26

Crawdaunt lv26

Whishcash lv13

Sharpedo lv16

Octilley lv13

Quagsire lv20

Kingler lv20

Alolan Marowak lv15

Magneton lv26

Poliwhirl lv20

Golduck lv26

Toxicroack lv26

Mandibuzz lv26

Dragalge lv40

• 3 months later...

With the recent compatibilty Go-Home almost all Pokemon from gen 1-5 can be obtained at level 1 now.

Few exceptions: A-Raichu; Legendaries (except Lake Trio); Spiritomb; Shedinja; Vullaby/Sandile/Pawniard (12km eggs); G-Weezing.

Also all Pokemon from Max Raids can be obtained at lvl20 without any badge + some can even be found at level 17 by event Max Raids (Gloom, Haunter ...).

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, jojo12100 said:

Also all Pokemon from Max Raids can be obtained at lvl20 without any badge + some can even be found at level 17 by event Max Raids (Gloom, Haunter ...).

How does the level cap work for event raids? Does it use a different system than the 'round down to level 20 if you have no badges' that normal raids use?

As far as I know these are the things that are impossible to get level 1 in Pokemon Go. Minimum level you can get them at is in brackets.
Alolan Raichu (15)
Galar Weezing (20)
Shedinja (15)
Sandile/Krookorok/Krookodile (20)
Pawniard/Bisharp (20)
Vullaby/Mandibuzz (20)
Galar Yamask/Runerigus (15)
Espurr/Meostic (20)
Alolan Raichu can be level 2 on 3DS; Runerigus can be level 1 on Switch; all the others are still the lowest level you can get the evolved form at so far.

These Level 1s are technically possible, but highly unlikely because you have to receive them in an egg while your account is at level 1. ie, it has to be the very first action you take - doing anything that grants XP will put you at level 2.
It's possible to receive 9 eggs from gifts while still at level 1; but you only get a single chance at receiving a level 1 egg from a Poke Stop.

Lucario
Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
Klink/Klang/Klinklang
Timburr/Gurrdurr/Conkeldurr
Galar Zigzagoon/Linoone/Obstagoon
Galar Darumaka/Darmaintan
Galar Ponyta/Rapidash
Galar Meowth/Perserker

Edited by CryHaddock

These are the lowest possible levels for Legendary Pokemon to my knowledge.
* = able to be shiny at this minimum level

Level 1
Dialga*, Palkia*, Giratina*, Regigigas* (Gen 4)
Phione*, Manaphy* (eggs)
Mew (Poke Ball Plus event)
Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Meltan*, Melmetal* (Pokemon Go)

Level 3
Articuno*, Zapdos*, Moltres* (Let's Go)

Level 5
Ho-oh, Lugia, Landorus, Thundurus, Tornadus (Dream Radar)

Level 10
Celebi (20th Anniversary)
[There was a level 5 Celebi in Gen 2, but there's no way to transfer it to modern games]

Level 15
Mewtwo,* Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias*, Latios*, Kyogre*, Groudon*, Cresselia*, Genesect (Pokemon Go)
Shaymin, Keldeo, Meloetta, Hoopa (Pokemon Scrap)
Victini (Pokemon Go & Scrap)

Level 20
Rayquaza*, Deoxys*,  Heatran*, Darkrai*, Cobalion*, Terrakion*, Virizion*, Reshiram*, Zekrom*, Kyurem* (Pokemon Go)

Edited by CryHaddock

Thanks for the info. It's been invaluable in creating a spreadsheet of all the newly-available level 20 Underlevelled Pokemon. And then in realising there's over 100 of them and wondering if I'm going to be mad enough to collect them.

5 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Rufflet and Scraggy families were wild during a very limited time in May 2020. Got only 1 lvl1 Scraggy however.

What event was that part of? I can only find info on the Throwback events from around that time.

Edited by CryHaddock

On 12/7/2018 at 3:01 PM, CryHaddock said:

You have to get an account to exactly level 10 with either the dex entry for Articuno, or a massive amount of stardust that I'm not even sure is possible to get without exceeding level 10.  Then you'd need it to build 30-90 days of friendship with the Articuno donating account.

Prior to being traded, the Articuno will be at least level 15 - but when the new account receives it it will always downgrade this level to either 10 or 12.  (It's either your trainer level, or your trainer level plus 2 and I'm not totally sure).
You could then port your very small Articuno to Let's Go where I'm sure it will fall foul of some legitimacy checker because it's such a convoluted and unlikely thing to do

Sorry for the bump, but I needed to ask you about the previous method of trading for low level legend (or any raid boss, really).

Can you recall when was the last time it worked for you, and you got any screenshots of date + ball on the mon?
(just wanted to figure out when they changed the mechanic >< )