PokeBox pokemon file server

Vincenzo3

vl3yLzoXQzKvcra2i-Nz-Q.png

Hello everyone, this is my first time here I hope this is the correct area to post. I don't really play competitive pokemon game but a friend of mine does, so he showed me www.pokecheck.org some time ago. Since it is died and I had a free weekend I've decided to do something similar. I'm using an aws host so I haven't bought the domain name to not spend (waste?) money.

• The website is very easy to use, you can find all the info in the home. If I see that people are interested in this I could support all pkm files, improve the filters, get a proper domain name, setup some features that you can ask me etc etc etc but so far I want to keep things easy.
  • Basically you go there, then you register the account. Then you can upload pk6/pk7 files and decide if you just want to save your pokemon specs on the database or save the specs AND upload the file so others can download your file. You can set it public/private and so on.

• Proud 2

Really cool, but here are a few improvements that I would make:

• You can see private Pokémon, maybe make the information hidden. (not the listing)
  • I would rearrange the layout of the Pokémon information to make it a bit more readable, space out the categories a bit.
  • The link for trainers is broken (should be /users, links to /trainers)
  • You can bypass the private Pokémon downloading just by clicking on the sprite in the overall summary 
  • If you don't want to spend money on a domain, try a free website host. A bunch of garbled up nonsense would not entice me to click it  (not dot tk, they are terrible)
  • Also, when you are signing up, there are no ToS or Privacy Policies anywhere to be found.

If you are looking for inspration, there is a really good Pokémon file hosting service that I use called Porybox.

Best of luck with this.

Edited by wrathsoffire76
  • Like 1
  • Ditto 1

On 8/9/2017 at 11:53 AM, Vincenzo3 said:

vl3yLzoXQzKvcra2i-Nz-Q.png

Hello everyone, this is my first time here I hope this is the correct area to post. I don't really play competitive pokemon game but a friend of mine does, so he showed me www.pokecheck.org some time ago. Since it is died and I had a free weekend I've decided to do something similar. I'm using an aws host so I haven't bought the domain name to not spend (waste?) money.

• The website is very easy to use, you can find all the info in the home. If I see that people are interested in this I could support all pkm files, improve the filters, get a proper domain name, setup some features that you can ask me etc etc etc but so far I want to keep things easy.
  • Basically you go there, then you register the account. Then you can upload pk6/pk7 files and decide if you just want to save your pokemon specs on the database or save the specs AND upload the file so others can download your file. You can set it public/private and so on.

@Vincenzo3 Wix, Weebly, and Sitebuilder are by far the best domain hostings that I will refer to you. (Weebly would be my choice. If all else fails, go Tumblr.) :D I hope it all works out! You have a great concept going on.

13 minutes ago, Got_Eevees said:

@Vincenzo3 Wix, Weebly, and Sitebuilder are by far the best domain hostings that I will refer to you. (Weebly would be my choice. If all else fails, go Tumblr.) :D I hope it all works out! You have a great concept going on.

This would require custom HTML that none of these provide (Tumblr is just a blogging site)

Nah I don't work with that, usually I want to have a linux machine and ssh access so that I can install what I need and do whatever I want to. In that website I've used php, node and other stuff that I'm not sure I'll be able to use in most of the free domains

• Ditto 1

18 hours ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

This would require custom HTML that none of these provide (Tumblr is just a blogging site)

D: riiiiiiiiight. I haven't been getting enough sleep and totally forgot about the uploading downloading part.....

Sorry for messing it up.

17 hours ago, Vincenzo3 said:

Nah I don't work with that, usually I want to have a linux machine and ssh access so that I can install what I need and do whatever I want to. In that website I've used php, node and other stuff that I'm not sure I'll be able to use in most of the free domains

Yes. Sure,go ahead. I'll butt out now before I confuse anymore people. :(

(I slept worse today than most other bad sleep days.) *yawn*

@wrathsoffire76 Do ya think we could perhaps extract the BW demo-mons one day? I'll look into it.

Just now, wrathsoffire76 said:

Well, it's a bit off-topic here but I can do a bit of research into it and see. 

I meant for the Unrelease Proto Pokes topic.

xD I'm always off topic.

We could easily extract the 'Mons by emulators and such If we can aquire the demo. Thanks for the help,too!

@wrathsoffire76 Found this.  https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1819954/

@wrathsoffire76 I think it was a fan project...

@wrathsoffire76 It was....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Heyah,

Just saw your project. I'm in a huge need to find a site like in order to store my huge collection of Shiny. But the major problem is like Porybox or anyother website, there's no way to store any pkX file. It'd be awesome if there was an all gen tool for storing, managing pokemon files collection. I really like how it's done, simple effective, but for the moment, porybox offers the same and i'm far to find an interest with 2 Gens sadly :/

But nice job o/

@Vladcik

Heyo buddy. :).

Unfortunately, we don't have things like that yet,but you can post your game save file or the .pkm or .pk files here in the downloads section if you want.

They will always be there. :)

Since you have a lot,I would advise putting up the save file or save files.

I hope I helped. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Got_Eevees said:

@Vladcik

Hm...

Do you know the total file size for all the 'mons?

Almost 4,000 MB?

I'm not sure.

@theSLAYER

What's your input?

I say first and foremost,

depends on what is OPs programming experience, and how much time OP is prepared to dedicate to it.

projects tend to flop when it's just one person without enough time, dedication and experience :/

• Ditto 1

4Gb for 11k files ? You're way too far. I don't even hit 1Gb. But my 70k files of Normal Pokemon is more accurate about weight, never had to complain about that.

Well no news from the OP since one month anyway. So wellp. But better to try haha.

@Vladcik

Dropbox? It's free..

Mediafire. Costs money but very reliable.

Hm...

I have the best idea ever!

Still! Host the files here as a collection,or as separate collections if the overall file is too big!

Maybe...send them to me?

I take care of my files like living things.

They are very important.

I can just hold 'em for ya or keep 'em instead.

Whatever you choose,you'll still be able to access those files whenever you want.

Nah nah you're not getting what I'm looking for in fact hahaha. Backups i've a lot, they are stored on 5 USB Flash Drive + Online in a cloud in case.
My saves (clean ones did a huge clean on this) are on cloud linked to each on my computer and i'm setting up on Android, but my major issue is there no tool that looks like Trigger's PC with about moving and not importing pokemon files which create clones.

When I used pokecheck, I had the possibility to check my pokemon in a easy way (sprites, stats etc) and which help me to keep track of some clones that i want to avoid. But it'd be still far from Trigger's PC. But something universal like Pokecheck would be amazing, since PkHex database is absolutly not user-friendly in my case sadly :P

so basically you want to be able to import Pokemon, and see if there's clones easily, right?
(Yeah, I think Pokecheck shows whether the Pokemon is unique based on combination of details)

Frankly I doubt there's anyone with the time, dedication and resources to make something like Pokecheck,
and sadly Porybox doesn't seem to have that sort of checking manner.

Your best bet is to export everything from using PKHeX, and see what species is what, then compare values.

I don't have the time right now, but I previously wrote a program that can dump wondercards info to a table/spreadsheet (from a folder),
so its probably possible to do that.

Having the info in a spreadsheet, makes it easy to compare and check for clones.
Of course, question is who has time to help to make it ><

@Vladcik

mm..

*Bites lip*

There's really nothing we can do.

You know?

Except...

MAKE OUR OWN!

The Project Pokemon Pokemon Storage Sytem Database Thingy!

@theSLAYER

@evandixon

@jasenyoface

@Kirzi

How about this? Revolutionary! We will do what other people cannot do! (Which,btw,we do all the time,so yea. Proof)

:D.please?

I'm very helpful. I'm loyal. :3 I can make puppy eyes.

12 minutes ago, Got_Eevees said:

Sir Angry-at-me-even-tho-i'm-trying-but-according-to-you-i-havent-contributed-Karpy?

Is this even necessary?

12 minutes ago, Got_Eevees said:

POKEMON FILE STORAGE SYSTEM DATABASE

Okay, I'm just asking constructive questions here:
For example, what is the features of the system database?
How will the database be sorted?
What categories should exists in the database?
Who will maintain the database?
What deserves to go into the database, and what isn't?

2 minutes ago, Got_Eevees said:

@theSLAYER

xD Ok,I'm sorry. But when you think about it,it is kinda funny..Sir Karpy Fishy Wishy!Who's a Fishy Wishy? Who's a Karpy Warpy? YOU ARE! xD.Our Little Karpy Pie...

Warning you, no off-topic speak.
------------

Besides, I have an idea, why don't you try to answer the questions, behind the system you have in mind?
I want to hear about it.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Is this even necessary?

Okay, I'm just asking constructive questions here:
For example, what is the features of the system database?
How will the database be sorted?
What categories should exists in the database?
Who will maintain the database?
What deserves to go into the database, and what isn't?

Search by name, Pokedex #, stats,nickname,OT,and everything possible.

Pokedex Number probably.

Hm...The same as search but only the more used ones. Like shinyness. OT: A-Z (heh,AZ), Pokedex #,Alphabetical names.etc.But also Competition Tiers!

Uh..you,me,and only we.

It rhymed! xD Ok,Look Sir Karpy Warpy Fishy Wishy, Hmm..Me,you,jasenyoface?(he's too busy w/Pkhex...),evandixon, @wrathsoffire!

and anyone else good enough?

Hm...Events,Competition Tiers,aren't u working?sorry to bug you,Pokemon in general,hm..

Good stuff.

People can create a PP.org account and upload Pokemon? And then they can upload their own Pkm to a central database and have a special box for theirs?

But we can access all Pokemon?