Lots Of Issues with Pokémon Battle Revolution Save in New PKHeX

Mr. ZARDE

Hi, most of all, i appreciate the great work.

Today i was genning my Pokémon Battle Revolution Save and after Editing My Lanturn From Old Emerald Save, i corrupted The Save. Yes, i was greeted with a "Failed To Load Save Files" message. How can you fix this issue once and for all? It Drives Me insane So Much!

My Sincere Kindness... I am using it on Dolphin 5.

Edit: Just Noted That Current PKHeX Update Messed up my save! Tested With modded Save today and save last updated In June This Year. Lanturn Base Stat in Sp. Attack Is 220 In Game and supposed to be 251 in there, Just Like DS Games Does. Editing EVs doesn't give a boost. In Other Words Does not Change anything. For The Time Being, Warn everybody To Not Gen The PBR Saves Until A PKHeX Update With This Fix Comes For These Save Files. Good Night. Please Reply ASAP.

Edited by Maddaren

I also noticed many issues in PKHex for Battle Revolution. First is the PID. It just doesn't work with the game, and using the random build causes your Pokemon to turn invisible. I've been using Pokegen with some  pre-made pkm files to help get around this, but it's  not perfect. Second would be the met level. It seems like only half of the inputted value shows in-game, and it caps at 127 making 63 the highest editable value. Third most Arceus forms don't work, or load the wrong one in-game. Fourth the Pokemon editor, and the box editor don't cooperate very well, like you have a pkm file for dppt and it doesn't have the Poke ball and met information until you set it and edit it again. I'm assuming most of these problems arise from the encryption that PBR has...

It was the most recent build on mine. I downloaded it around Saturday, and went through vicious testing to make as playable as possible without relying on overly worked saves (as you can't save edit the storage unlock flag as of now) I also noticed PID generated by Pokegen later injected into PKHex makes genderless mons hold gender in-game (like my manly Arceus). I think the PID engine would need a huge overwork before anything to fix that.

12 hours ago, iPWN said:

It was the most recent build on mine. I downloaded it around Saturday, and went through vicious testing to make as playable as possible without relying on overly worked saves (as you can't save edit the storage unlock flag as of now) I also noticed PID generated by Pokegen later injected into PKHex makes genderless mons hold gender in-game (like my manly Arceus). I think the PID engine would need a huge overwork before anything to fix that.

PIDs generated in PKHeX are completely random, and don't follow any ruleset when generated.

On 7/27/2017 at 8:39 PM, wrathsoffire76 said:

PIDs generated in PKHeX are completely random, and don't follow any ruleset when generated.

They are completely random and that works for 6th gen onward, but gen 3-5 the PID generator cannot be completely random and be legal at the same time. What I am suggesting is that they program a proper PID generator for gen 3-5 instead of just splashing the 6th gen PID generator.

5 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

The problem was unrelated to PIDs, and has been fixed recently.

Then why does it flag my Pokemon illegal for modifying the PID? Shouldn't the PID generator help make Pokemon legal rather than  be the cause of a red flag? What causes Pokemon to appear invisible in-game? And dude this is just ONE of the several issues in PKHex for Battle Revolution. Still will be nice if they created a gen 3-5 PID generator to start solving issues.

2 minutes ago, iPWN said:

Then why does it flag my Pokemon illegal for modifying the PID? Shouldn't the PID generator help make Pokemon legal rather than  be the cause of a red flag? What causes Pokemon to appear invisible in-game? And dude this is just ONE of the several issues in PKHex for Battle Revolution. Still will be nice if they created a gen 3-5 PID generator to start solving issues.

Because a pkm should have a valid PID-IV correlation. The "reroll" button only affects the PID, not the PID and IVs.

Feel free to code one and submit a pull request; until then, you can use RNG Reporter to find a PIDIV combo that suits your needs.

Use the latest commits; I've already fixed the bad-gender / transfer etc issues.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Because a pkm should have a valid PID-IV correlation. The "reroll" button only affects the PID, not the PID and IVs.

Feel free to code one and submit a pull request; until then, you can use RNG Reporter to find a PIDIV combo that suits your needs.

Use the latest commits; I've already fixed the bad-gender / transfer etc issues.

Having to rely on a second program sounds like a great solution to the problem, but having it in one program sounds better. Sadly, my coding skills are nowhere near enough to help contribute to the team, but I won't mind testing them throughly. What do you mean by the "latest commits"? Are you saying it was updated to address those problems with in the last few days? How about met level issue?

5 minutes ago, iPWN said:

Having to rely on a second program sounds like a great solution to the problem, but having it in one program sounds better. Sadly, my coding skills are nowhere near enough to help contribute to the team, but I won't mind testing them throughly. What do you mean by the "latest commits"? Are you saying it was updated to address those problems with in the last few days? How about met level issue?

All those issues were fixed with the latest version on GitHub. (You may need to compile the source code first, however). The link to it should be on the main topic that PKHeX has on this forum.

Edited by coltonsmogon

2 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

All those issues were fixed with the latest version on GitHub. (You may need to compile the source code first, however). The link to it should be on the main topic that PKHeX has on this forum.

When you mean "all" you also mean the met level issue, Gen 4 modifying desync, and the Arceus forms? Updating via redownloading PKHeX isn't enough?

13 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

I do, yes. All you have to do is go find the PKHeX topic & find the link to the latest github version. It should be on that page.

A different version? Kind of sounds like a beta version of the next update if I have to compile it from source. I'm sorry, but could you post the link please? Couldn't really find a link to the github page for PKHeX. Not sure if the one google provides is correct.

Edited by iPWN

12 minutes ago, iPWN said:

A different version? Kind of sounds like a beta version of the next update if I have to compile it from source. I'm sorry, but could you post the link please? Couldn't really find a link to the github page for PKHeX. Not sure if the one google provides is correct.

Just wait for the next release. The testing builds aren't meant for general public use.