Tampering With Gym Leader Event Flags

I've considered removing certain gym badges to rebattle the gym leaders and change the memories of the girl that tells you about each badge (the reasons for me wanting to do this is kind of complicated). Are there any consequences for doing this if you're already postgame? (I.E. does it reset certain flags that aren't supposed to be reset?) Has anyone experimented with this firsthand? Doing this in Gen 3 didn't seem to mess with anything, but then again that was years ago and there were a lot less complicated moving parts in that game, so to speak. 

Edited by WonderSquid

If you decide to experiment with you’re save file, do make a backup of the original and store it in a safe place. 

If something unfortunate were to happen to the altered save, you’ll have peace of mind that you can inject your original. 

I've never tried it myself, but since recent games have more complex stories and some events are triggered by earning certain badges, removing the ones you've already earned could kinda mess it up.

Of course, this is pure guesswork, if you wanna try it go ahead, but I do recommend making a backup.

• Like 1