Clefable question

Odaxis

Is it possible to Gen a Bold Perfect IV Clefairy in gen 3 (Ruby) Need it to have "Soft-Boiled" which is gen 3 only.

According to RNGReporter there are no PIDs that would result from a bold 6 iv spread.

PKHeX (current build as of this post) says it legal.

Not sure what to trust.

I opened this thread but didn't understand the meaning behind his response.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/issues/1342

Edited by Odaxis

Sorry, Still a little confused about the PID nature/IV mismatch thing.

If RNGReporter tells me there are 0 PID combinations that can result from a Bold / 6IV spread (using the IV's to PID tool)

Shouldn't any variation of that species with a Bold nature and 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread generate a PID/Nature mismatch?

Bred Pokemon are a bit different, if I recall correctly.

Bred Pokemon has allowances, for example, 3 IVs can be generated via PID, and remaining 3 can be taken from Parent.
So it'll end up looking like 31/x/31/31/x/x  (what I recall it may have looked like, on Pokecheck)

cap1.PNG

While it's not showing me any PID, I believe A and B refers to taken from Parents?

/--eddit--/
should have used time finder:
Capture.PNG

Ok. Lets say for the sake of this experiment. It's a wild Pokemon. Caught at level 12 in Mt. Moon. Not a bred Pokemon. All moves are TM/Level Up or Tutor moves.

It's a Wild Pokemon. I'm still getting the legality test showing encounter as cleffa egg and it's still showing as legal.

Clefable.rar

8 minutes ago, Odaxis said:

Ok. Lets say for the sake of this experiment. It's a wild Pokemon. Caught at level 12 in Mt. Moon. Not a bred Pokemon. All moves are TM/Level Up or Tutor moves.

It's a Wild Pokemon. I'm still getting the legality test showing encounter as cleffa egg and it's still showing as legal.

Clefable.rar

That's because Gen 3 doesn't have egg details, so when it's transferred up, PKHeX will not be able to differentiate Gen 3 wild from hatched.
Furthermore, when transferred up to Gen 7, even it's original met location is gone (changed to Poketransfer).

I guess PKHeX gave it benefit of the doubt, and checked whether the PID matched bred PID.

(when in doubt, hold control when exporting the legality report to see ALL relevant details pertaining to the parse)

PKHeX loops through all possible encounters that can fit the pkm's details. If the met location details are cleared (gen3->4 etc), then it can only narrow encounter types down by the PIDIV.

• Like 1