Gen 3/4 PID and Initial Seed

english09

I noticed that PKHeX seems to now take into consideration initial seeds with a given TID and SID on a game to calculate whether the PID of a Pokemon is possible with that game/TID/SID combo.

Am I understanding it correct that this is a new level of legality checking and that we should now use RNG reporter to find legal PID's for our Pokemon given a TID/SID combo?

Does this mean that many Pokemon that were marked as legal in the past (such as with the old legalitychecker.exe program for Gen 4) are now going to be marked illegal?

5 minutes ago, english09 said:

that we should now use RNG reporter to find legal PID's for our Pokemon given a TID/SID combo?

My take on this is, yes.

5 minutes ago, english09 said:

Does this mean that many Pokemon that were marked as legal in the past (such as with the old legalitychecker.exe program for Gen 4) are now going to be marked illegal?

If they were modified/created, it's a possibility..

The only things that legality checker was not checking properly were gen 3 events.  Some of them will be marked illegal because of the relationship between PID/IV/OTG.  Unfortunately PKHex doesn't check the relationship properly either.

Ok because I noticed my Gen 3 Manectric (edited IV's and generated a new PID for it in accordance with its method) was originally marked as legal with legality checker and is now marked as illegal with PKHeX (file attached below).

Is this a false positive/negative or an actual issue with the way the PID was generated?

310 - MANECTRIC - C2A6C6AED9B0.pk3

PKHeX improves over time; just because something was(nt) flagged in a prior version doesn't mean that the program was correct.

PKHeX's Reroll button does not create valid PIDIV types (it's pure random). The program only randomizes to keep Nature/Gender/Form values the same, as PIDIV combos are limited. It is left to the user to provide legal data, if they so wish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, english09 said:

Ok because I noticed my Gen 3 Manectric (edited IV's and generated a new PID for it in accordance with its method) was originally marked as legal with legality checker and is now marked as illegal with PKHeX (file attached below).

Is this a false positive/negative or an actual issue with the way the PID was generated?

310 - MANECTRIC - C2A6C6AED9B0.pk3

But in that file you only need to change the pokéball to make it legal.

2 hours ago, Sabresite said:

The only things that legality checker was not checking properly were gen 3 events.  Some of them will be marked illegal because of the relationship between PID/IV/OTG.  Unfortunately PKHex doesn't check the relationship properly either.

If you edited/gened some 4th gen Pokémon, they are likely to be ilegal now. I checked all my stuff and had to change some PIDs o make them legal.

For now I have some 3th gen Mews and Chansey and Drowzee with Wish. They are marked as legal in the PkHex version I built today. If somebody want them, just ask :D

On 7/17/2017 at 7:08 AM, BlackPyoVic said:

I used RNGReporter. The same goes for Drowzee ^^. I did the same with some 4th gen Pokémon as Zapdos, Empoleon (Defog ones).

@BlackPyoVic . ok cool ill try that. But you cant get it to have all perfect ivs or even 5 right,?

1 hour ago, Freshh said:

@BlackPyoVic . ok cool ill try that. But you cant get it to have all perfect ivs or even 5 right,?

You get random IVs dependind on the PID (In those gens, even legendaries didn't have 3 perfect IVs for sure). But you still can Hyper train them at lvl 100 to get perfect stats. But you can try searching por a PID with some perfect IVs as well.

Just signed up to chime in on this.

PID doesn't seem to do anything to actually trip any flags. First, I went and looked through my gen 3/4 mons to find six that had invalid PIDs - I put them all on a team, and I was able to go on battle spot with them. Then, I genned a shiny Emerald Mew, with an invalid PID of course, and I managed to trade it to strangers online. I've tested this again and again since then, and the only problem I ever had was with a Huntail not having been traded, I believe.

From what I've seen, you can just ignore PIDs being invalid altogether.

19 minutes ago, Freshh said:

So @Sabresite PKHEX`s legality checker isnt the same as GF's.? 

Is it based off of it ?

GF legality checker almost doesn't exist.

PKHeX Legality checker is based on our community's YEARS-worth of knowledge regarding game mechanics and RNG, all neatly jam-packed into one program.

• Like 1
  • Amazed 1

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:08 AM, BlackPyoVic said:

I used RNGReporter. The same goes for Drowzee ^^. I did the same with some 4th gen Pokémon as Zapdos, Empoleon (Defog ones).

How did you use the RNGReporter? I've been searching how to get a PID in order to get a Wish Chansey with Bold nature but I haven't found anything 

I have the one that has Timid Nature which is useless

Specifically, use Method 2 for PID generation, then change details to match, such as the IVs, Nature, Gender. (Ability needs to be changed, but in later generations ability capsule can be used, so..)

BTW, seeing the word "useless" suggests battle usage.

dont use any hacked Pokemon against unsuspecting opponents!

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, theSLAYER said:

Specifically, use Method 2 for PID generation, then change details to match, such as the IVs, Nature, Gender. (Ability needs to be changed, but in later generations ability capsule can be used, so..)

BTW, seeing the word "useless" suggests battle usage.

dont use any hacked Pokemon against unsuspecting opponents!

I only use them against friends, I never use Pokémon from Pkhex in battle spot 

By the way what's the method to change extreme speed Zigzagoon's PID? I have a normal one and I wanna make it shiny :(

1 hour ago, MorenoReno said:

I only use them against friends, I never use Pokémon from Pkhex in battle spot 

By the way what's the method to change extreme speed Zigzagoon's PID? I have a normal one and I wanna make it shiny :(

You don't need to generate the shiny zigzagoons because all possible seeds (There are 145 or so) are on the event gallery. Speaking of which, @theSLAYER, do we have have an entry for it with a zip of all of them in it?

1 hour ago, Sabresite said:

You don't need to generate the shiny zigzagoons because all possible seeds (There are 145 or so) are on the event gallery. Speaking of which, @theSLAYER, do we have have an entry for it with a zip of all of them in it?

I recall owning a zip, but I'm gonna need to check.

btw I wanna double check something.

did the PCNY eggs Pokemon come as wonder card (I recall it to be so).