Problems with gen 3 egg event mons

7 minutes ago, silvertalon215 said:

I thought the PID would be different because it gets hatched on the game so wouldn't the TID alter it in gen 3 or something like that?

the PID of the egg is already determined,
so hatching does change the TID and SID, but PID Stays.

Thats why an egg can hatch shiny on one guy, but the exact same shiny won't be shiny for others.
PID is already determined.

In any case, if you're not trying to create an event to sell or trade away OR use online,
this error message would not interfere with personal play.

11 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

PCNY Wish Egg's PID Type is known and public since many years. It's ABDE, same as all 3rd Gen Mystery Gift Eggs.
At least IMO they're not really this rare compared to other 3rd Gen Events, considering that @Gold Ursaring downloaded a lot of these eggs.

Method H-2 on RNGReporter then, got ya!
(tho I used wild Pokemon option, not sure how valid is that)
cap1.PNG

113 - Chansey - CE714C874C5E.pk7

edit:
@ajxpk your suggestion is a better one, tho it seems the OP wants to make one that has 5 31 IVs, and 0 ATK IV.

I'm starting to think this is for competitive online play, and it's a bad sign for the OP.

13 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

There's on more little detail in an 3rd Gen Mystery Gift Egg:

3rd Gen Mystery Gift Egg - Fateful Encounter Flag.PNG

Edit:
Yeah, well... he can try to RNG one... Good luck with that. :D  
(I'm not even sure if this spread is available...)

Hmm, PKHeX indicates that it shouldn't be checked.

Were the PCNY eggs obtained via WC or trade?
edit: I think bulbapedia indicates it was transferred over by machine?

On 16/7/2017 at 6:16 PM, ajxpk said:

Oh, I see. That's ironic. Because the Fateful Encounter flag is important in this case. 
Without it a 3rd Gen Mystery Gift Egg isn't legal. 

I think the Fateful Encounter should not be checked if the egg has been hatched, because when you hatch a Fateful Encounter egg in a generation 3 egg the game delete the Fateful Encounter flag. At least that is what happens with Pokemon Box eggs

1 hour ago, javier_himura said:

I think the Fateful Encounter should not be checked if the egg has been hatched, because when you hatch a Fateful Encounter egg in a generation 3 egg the game delete the Fateful Encounter flag. At least that is what happens with Pokemon Box eggs

Interesting, those eggs mentioned have "Fateful Encounter" as location, but the flag itself (that Mew/Deoxys uses) remains unchecked,
hence why it disappears upon hatching.

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Interesting, those eggs mentioned have "Fateful Encounter" as location, but the flag itself (that Mew/Deoxys uses) remains unchecked,
hence why it disappears upon hatching.

So wait, does that mean that Eggs marked with a "Fateful Encounter" do not retain this when they hatch?

Also, for the Pokémon Center 5th Anniversary Eggs I can't seem to get this one to read as legal. Even though the PID is from method 2; Am I doing something wrong?

280 - Ralts - 890E875733CD.pk7

Edited by greenDarkness

3 hours ago, greenDarkness said:

So wait, does that mean that Eggs marked with a "Fateful Encounter" do not retain this when they hatch?

Also, for the Pokémon Center 5th Anniversary Eggs I can't seem to get this one to read as legal. Even though the PID is from method 2; Am I doing something wrong?

280 - Ralts - 890E875733CD.pk7

As the explanation I gave goes, only Mew and Deoxys (and Pokemon from Navel Rock and Southern Island) gets marked with the Fateful (then known as Event Obedience Flag).
Even 10ANNIV Pokemon don't have that flag.

What happened with the eggs is they have the location header, but not the actual flag:

Capture.PNG

In fact the fatefull encounter flag in generation 3 was called obedience flag. It's purpose was to make some pokemon, Mew and Deoxyx, always disobey you if they dont have the flag, not to identify an event encounter.

That is why only Deoxys and Mew retain the flag, they are the only pokemon who needed the flag in generation 3

@greenDarkness, 5th anniv eggs do not use method 2.  They have a specific algorithm called DCEF (where a standard event is BACD).  And shiny pichu eggs use an algorithm similar to berry glitch zigzagoons and it is DEFG (where berry glitch zigzagoon is BCDE).  There are no fateful encounter flags for RS events.  According to @ajxpk's research, these are the situations for the obedience flag:

- All Mews
- All Deoxys
- Egg Pokemon from Wondercards (PCNY WISH, PokePark 2004, PokePark 2005)
- Lugia/Ho-Oh from Navel Rock (EFRLG)
- Latios/Latias from Southern Island in Emerald

In addition to the anti-hack mechanism, I believe they did it because pokemon are from later games, when traded to Ruby/Sapphire might have issues without the flag.

Edit: I do not recommend creating 5th anniv eggs since the algorithm is complicated.  The first 2 RNG calls are used to determine the species and move by doing a table lookup and some complicated nonsense.  PKHex does not detect this properly, so you will get false positives.
I also do not recommend making BACD PokePark 2005 eggs (DS Download Play Distribution), since it most likely has some complicated species determination also that we do not know.

• Like 2