3 questions about the PKHeX

Harvey27

Hello everyone, my name is Juan Harvey, I hope you do not bother, I need someone to help me in 3 questions I have about PKHex, I use it to make my teams to play online and create my pokemon collection, well, no more rodeo , These are my three questions:

1) Yesterday, a friend passed me a Kangaskhan (Archive: .PK7) exchange inside the game of Pokemon Ao (Pokemon Blue Japanese version), but it turns out that I get a very rare error, search the data of that exchange in Pokemon Ao In the sites Bulbapedia and Serebii, and it seems that the data of the pokemon are correct, I would like to help me to know how I can solve the problem and make this Pokémon as legal as possible, its data are:

Kangaskhan. Nickname: ダ ン
Iv's: 31 At, 31 Ps, 15 Def, 13 At Sp, Def Sp 31, and Spd 31
Ev's: 6 Ps, 252 At and 252 Spd
Pokemon Language: Japanese
Level: 100
Nature: Jolly
Skill: Scrappy
Friendship and Affection: 255
Move set:
Double edge
Earthquake
Seismic Toss
Sucker Punch

Origin Game: Blue Pokemon (JP)
Poke ball: Poke ball
Met Level: 26
Met Date: 05/05/2016
Sub Region: Yamanashi
3DS Region: Japan
PID: 44E8F947
TID: 09854
SID: 00000
OT: レ レ ー ナ ー

The error that I get is the following:

User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running PKHeX, but please report this error.

Exception Details:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at PKHeX.Core.LegalityAnalysis.GetLegalityReport()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.ShowLegality(Object sender, EventArgs e, PKM pk)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.ClickLegality(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\usuario\Desktop\Emulador\PkHex\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\usuario\Desktop\Emulador\PkHex\PKHeX.Core.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

System.Windows.Forms.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

mscorlib.resources, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=es, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll

--------------------
2) The second question has to do with the Marshadow event, since it uses the wondercard given in the Event Gallery section (I greatly appreciate your contributions) and it comes out as an illegal pokemon, my question is: Why does this happen?

3) This has to do with the previous question. What happens with the Marshadow event has to do with the Mystery Gift Database?, What is the Mystery Gift Database and how does it work?

Thank you very much for your attention and help. I hope I can help you when I can.

PD: I will attach the corresponding images

Edited by Harvey27

1) Not sure what that error is, possible to upload the Kangaskhan?

2) You mean illegal, as in according to PKHeX?
PKHeX isn't automatically updated with all the events we get.
Take comfort in knowing the wonder card is legal.
Also, PKHeX has a function that you can add wonder cards to the checking process. (I don't remember the steps, tho)

3i) " What happens with the Marshadow event has to do with the Mystery Gift Database?,"

Huh, that statements confuses me.

3ii) " What is the Mystery Gift Database and how does it work? "

Our database comprises of wonder cards extracted by users and verified by our staff.

We receive, we vet, we upload.

• Like 1

Order of images:

1) An error occurred in the Marshadow event (Mystery Gift shared in the Event Gallery section)
2) Moves Given as illegal at the Marshadow event (Mystery Gift shared in the Event Gallery section)
3) Data of the exchange in pokemon Ao
4) The remaining images are the Kangaskhan data

Sorry if I do not understand very well, I do not do enough in English.

Proyecto 452.png

Proyecto 451.png

Proyecto 4514.png

Proyecto 456.png

Proyecto 455.png

Proyecto 459.png

Proyecto 457.png

Proyecto 458.png

Proyecto 4511.png

14 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

1) Not sure what that error is, possible to upload the Kangaskhan?

2) You mean illegal, as in according to PKHeX?
PKHeX isn't automatically updated with all the events we get.
Take comfort in knowing the wonder card is legal.
Also, PKHeX has a function that you can add wonder cards to the checking process. (I don't remember the steps, tho)

3i) " What happens with the Marshadow event has to do with the Mystery Gift Database?,"

Huh, that statements confuses me.

3ii) " What is the Mystery Gift Database and how does it work? "

Our database comprises of wonder cards extracted by users and verified by our staff.

We receive, we vet, we upload.

I have already put the images to see if they are of more help, thanks for your help, what I understand is: the Mystery Gift Database's function is stored information to make events as legal as possible, and allows to determine if the event is legal or not. The pkm part, I did it from scratch and I still see the same error, well, I hope to look at how to solve that problem, thanks for sharing the wondercard of Marshadow.

Edited by Harvey27

5 hours ago, Harvey27 said:

Order of images:

1) An error occurred in the Marshadow event (Mystery Gift shared in the Event Gallery section)
2) Moves Given as illegal at the Marshadow event (Mystery Gift shared in the Event Gallery section)
3) Data of the exchange in pokemon Ao
4) The remaining images are the Kangaskhan data

Sorry if I do not understand very well, I do not do enough in English.

Proyecto 452.png

Proyecto 451.png

Proyecto 4514.png

Proyecto 456.png

Proyecto 455.png

Proyecto 459.png

Proyecto 457.png

Proyecto 458.png

Proyecto 4511.png

I have already put the images to see if they are of more help, thanks for your help, what I understand is: the Mystery Gift Database's function is stored information to make events as legal as possible, and allows to determine if the event is legal or not. The pkm part, I did it from scratch and I still see the same error, well, I hope to look at how to solve that problem, thanks for sharing the wondercard of Marshadow.

1 & 2) It's working as I've said;  Marshadow hasn't been added to PKHeX's hack checks, hence it appears like that
3 & 4) @Kaphotics I was able to recreate the error. It popped up the moment I made the OT "トレーナー" (ver 20170702)

22 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Works fine on latest commit

Thank you so much for all the help. Sorry for not responding early, I've been busy the last few days. Well, I do not know what I should do since the same error comes up with the PK7 file from TheSLAYER, so I'm confused, sorry if I'm uncomfortable.

21 minutes ago, Harvey27 said:

Thank you so much for all the help. Sorry for not responding early, I've been busy the last few days. Well, I do not know what I should do since the same error comes up with the PK7 file from TheSLAYER, so I'm confused, sorry if I'm uncomfortable.

Wait for the next release.

• Like 1

@Kaphotics Nothing happens, thanks for everything, I know what caused the error, apparently the pk7 file was last in a corrupted game, so I asked the favor to a friend who lives in Japan to pass me a pk7 file of a kasngaskhan pokemon blue (JP) and now serves me, just delete the file and it works for me, thanks for your help. I'll be more careful next time.

Edited by Harvey27

1 hour ago, JISN064 said:

About "illegal" Marshadow.

Make a folder in the same directory where PKHeX.exe is, named "mgdb"

inside mgdb copy/paste the *.wcX files

It should look like this:

wHhFG.png

@JISN064 Thanks for your help, if I realized that the data was legal, thank you very much for sharing that event, regarding the other, I also thank you for that advice.

• Like 1