SM - Pokemon Rally Mew and Co

jojo12100

https://mobile.twitter.com/pokemon_icemoon/status/884611015995830272

https://twitter.com/Trioxhydre_635/status/884643507289309186

Based on these Tweets (and Google translate), it seems the OT can change to Moon too.

Considering the above, my current theory is that it'll change to Sun for all OTs transferred from past gens, but if the bugged OT Pokemon originates in gen 7, it'll take the origin game of the Pokemon. 

If anyone is able to test this and confirm, let me know.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2017 at 3:23 PM, theSLAYER said:

Hey guys,

This Mew got an update!

The Star from the OT was removed!

Will add it soon XD
update: added to event gallery

Well you added the fixed version, but they uploaded a new one to the server as well. It has a new WC ID (247 old was 238) as well as new TID and SID (but still same Gen 7 TID). Probably to allow people who already got the glitched one to get a fixed one as well.

-snipped-

On 11/07/2017 at 4:20 PM, BlackShark said:

Well you added the fixed version, but they uploaded a new one to the server as well. It has a new WC ID (247 old was 238) as well as new TID and SID (but still same Gen 7 TID). Probably to allow people who already got the glitched one to get a fixed one as well.

-snipped-

Another one!?

I'll.. upload it again.

so timeline (Japan time):
7.00am - Event start, (a) Glitched one distributed
4.00pm - Replaced, with (b) fixed one
4.30pm - They added a new one, which is (c) fixed one + different WC ID

(a) was completely replaced by (b).
While both (b) and (c) are online right now, I assume codes for (b) can no longer be received.
Reason for that is, purpose of (c) is for those that received (a), can also receive a fixed version.

Also, serial codes aren't usually programmed to connect to multiple types of events concurrently (usually programmed to be locked to one wc ID),
so chances are only codes redeemed from 7Spot before 4.30pm can receive (b),
and any newer 7Spot codes will receive (c)

Also:

• Like 2

Hello. My friend got a Mew code at 7:25am (Japan Time) and I redeemed the code at 5:10pm (Japan Time), the OT of Mew I got is 20TH (the fixed one). So I am wondering which Mew I got actually, (b) or (c)?

Cause the code was generated at 7:25am (before 4:30pm) but I redeemed the code at 5:10pm (after 4:30pm).

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:
  Reveal hidden contents

5964924e051a1_mewnamechange.png.5275bef2

so timeline (Japan time):
7.00am - Event start, (a) Glitched one distributed
4.00pm - Replaced, with (b) fixed one
4.30pm - They added a new one, which is (c) fixed one + different WC ID

(a) was completely replaced by (b).
While both (b) and (c) are online right now, I assume codes for (b) can no longer be received.
Reason for that is, purpose of (c) is for those that received (a), can also receive a fixed version.

Also, serial codes aren't usually programmed to connect to multiple types of events concurrently (usually programmed to be locked to one wc ID),
so chances are only codes redeemed from 7Spot before 4.30pm can receive (b),
and any newer 7Spot codes will receive (c)

22 minutes ago, Pan said:

Hello. My friend got a Mew code at 7:25am (Japan Time) and I redeemed the code at 5:10pm (Japan Time), the OT of Mew I got is 20TH (the fixed one). So I am wondering which Mew I got actually, (b) or (c)?

Cause the code was generated at 7:25am (before 4:30pm) but I redeemed the code at 5:10pm (after 4:30pm).

You got PKHeX?
If not, you can trade it over, and I can check for you.
(if you want to be really sure)

14 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You got PKHeX?
If not, you can trade it over, and I can check for you.
(if you want to be really sure)

First thank you very much for your reply :)

Yeah I had PKHex. So I should export my save file and then...how can I make sure it's (b) or (c)?

If the Mew I got is (b), does that mean I can get a (c) in my save file as well since they share different WC IDs?

Edited by Pan

14 minutes ago, Pan said:

First thank you very much for your reply :)

Yeah I had PKHex. So I should export my save file and then...how can I make sure it's (b) or (c)?

If the Mew I got is (b), does that mean I can get a (c) in my save file as well since they share different WC IDs?

PKHeX displays (a) and (b) TID as 36462, and (c) TID as 58030

do let us know which one you got!

5 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

The fact that the WCID is 247 is very telling.  There are up to 9 WCs to look out for.  Any guesses?

1. Movie Ho-oh
2. Movie Charizard
3. Movie Piplup
4. Movie Lucario
5. Pokecen Jirachi

And that's ignoring existing gaps that exist, too.

Maybe finally a new shiny Tapu? (Lol)

43 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

better still, collect all of them, with the different OTs too!

This is why we horde events, people! It helps to stay on top of event collection. Also how are you supposed to dump them directly from the servers? PM me Slayer, because I'll wanna help with that soon.

Spoiler

And now we have to collect the OT changed events (as in OT changed to Sun. (or language equivalent) after one trade of the hollow star event, as they too will be rare Mews later on)

Edited by coltonsmogon

It's possible it checks first to see if you have 238, and if not, gives you 238. If it does, then it sends you 247.

The alternative would be that it's considered a separate distribution, and has an entirely different prefix, which is determined by when you get the code. Edit: on second thought, this is probably most likely.

So I'm going to try to get another code and see what happens.

• Like 1

I am going to bet that if they are distributing WC247, there is a different prefix. That way people who got a broken one, can go back and get a new one.

That means if anyone has a serial code that DOES NOT start with J7A6, please let us know.

@argus1963 - Maybe you can go back and get more serial codes at another date and let us know.