Corrupted save

nickdos

1 hour ago, nickdos said:

Saves modified with the recent release cause "corrupted save data" when loading Moon. First time this ever happened to me since.

main

???

PKHeX AND Citra loads it just fine.

I'm assuming you're getting the corrupted message on your 3DS?

Did you try deleting Secure Value before importing?

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

???

PKHeX AND Citra loads it just fine.

I'm assuming you're getting the corrupted message on your 3DS?

Did you try deleting Secure Value before importing?

Yes I mean the game. I don't know what is the secure value or ever heard of it. This never happened again 

2 minutes ago, nickdos said:

Yes I mean the game. I don't know what is the secure value or ever heard of it. This never happened again 

Once again, I'm a bit confused.
There's nothing wrong with the save.

How did you import the save into your game?
Did you change any part of your "importing save procedure"?
It'll be nice if you screenshot (or photograph) the folder that you attempted to import the save from.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Once again, I'm a bit confused.
There's nothing wrong with the save.

How did you import the save into your game?
Did you change any part of your "importing save procedure"?
It'll be nice if you screenshot (or photograph) the folder that you attempted to import the save from.

JKSV as always, didn't change anything, folder is JKSV\saves\

By importing another main I had edited with a previous release of pkhex the game plays fine.

1 minute ago, nickdos said:

JKSV as always, didn't change anything, folder is JKSV\saves\

By importing another main I had edited with a previous release of pkhex the game plays fine.

Did you change JKSV, like switch from CIA to 3DSX version etc?

Until someone is able to reproduce error, we aren't certain what's wrong :/

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Did you change JKSV, like switch from CIA to 3DSX version etc?

Until someone is able to reproduce error, we aren't certain what's wrong :/

No I didn't. You can try to import it into Moon if you have it

1 minute ago, AceGaimzYT said:

Did you export main or export backup? Backup for me always said save data was corrupted but never actually was, I restored my save with JKSM and used PKHeX and exported main and it worked fine...

Export main. I don't know what those do either, there is no documentation and it is starting to pile up with all the updates they do.

Just now, nickdos said:

Export main. I don't know what those do either, there is no documentation and it is starting to pile up with all the updates they do.

Ok. That's all I know about that because I never had any issues with PKHeX. Sorry and I hope you can fix your issue!

2 hours ago, nickdos said:

Export main -> exports a save file as it was loaded in PKHeX.
Export backup -> exports a save file with the .bak extension, only useful for backups

I also cannot replicate this issue; restoring this save file works fine on my end. As mentioned by @theSLAYER, you can try deleting the secure value and trying again. In JKSM, do the following:

Cartridge (or SD/CIA -> Pokemon Moon, depending on your game) -> Save Data Options -> Delete Secure Value

After doing this, please report back and see if this has fixed your issue.

Edited by sora10pls

• 2 months later...

Hello there,
I bumped into the same problem today. Every "main export" of my Pokemon Moon from pkhex so far gives me this error "corrupted save game data [...]".
Did anyone solve the problem yet?

I'm not familiar with editing 3ds save files yet. I'm only used to nds and gba ones.

So for the record, this is what I did:

- dumped my Pokemon Moon on my SD card (it had my original save game on it at the time)
- dumped my save game from the cartridge
- restored the save game to the game on the SD card

Until this point everything worked perfect. Then I ...

- took the exported save game and loaded it with PKHeX
- I edited a few Pokemon* (Nickname, OT, Pokeball, some changes to make them valid)
- loaded the save game to my 3ds
- restored it to the SD card Pokemon Moon

And that's when I got the error "corrupted save game data [...]".

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to put as much details in it as possible. Maybe we can solve the mystery.
Thanks in advance,

pepper-jk

*all of which I got from a friend about half a year ago over link trade and where created with PKHeX

PKHeX version:
My PKHeX is a clone of the current github repo (PKHeX about tells me the newest patchnote is from 17/09/05 - but I pulled today 17/09/12).
I'm on Linux I build it with monodevelop-stable (7.0.1.24-2 from aur) and it runs fine under wine.

3 hours ago, pepper-jk said:

Hello there,
I bumped into the same problem today. Every "main export" of my Pokemon Moon from pkhex so far gives me this error "corrupted save game data [...]".
Did anyone solve the problem yet?

I'm not familiar with editing 3ds save files yet. I'm only used to nds and gba ones.

So for the record, this is what I did:

- dumped my Pokemon Moon on my SD card (it had my original save game on it at the time)
- dumped my save game from the cartridge
- restored the save game to the game on the SD card

Until this point everything worked perfect. Then I ...

- took the exported save game and loaded it with PKHeX
- I edited a few Pokemon* (Nickname, OT, Pokeball, some changes to make them valid)
- loaded the save game to my 3ds
- restored it to the SD card Pokemon Moon

And that's when I got the error "corrupted save game data [...]".

Sorry for the long post, but wanted to put as much details in it as possible. Maybe we can solve the mystery.
Thanks in advance,

pepper-jk

*all of which I got from a friend about half a year ago over link trade and where created with PKHeX

PKHeX version:
My PKHeX is a clone of the current github repo (PKHeX about tells me the newest patchnote is from 17/09/05 - but I pulled today 17/09/12).
I'm on Linux I build it with monodevelop-stable (7.0.1.24-2 from aur) and it runs fine under wine.

If you can load up the file on the game, try load it up and save in the game. Then re-export and try to load it into PKHeX

15 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

If you can load up the file on the game, try load it up and save in the game. Then re-export and try to load it into PKHeX

Like I said, the edited save file does not load on the game.
PKHeX does load the edited save game perfectly fine, so that is not the Problem.

Plus I checked with Pokemon Y, same behavior. Plus since it's a save game, where I'm only 5 minutes into the game, I tested loading it on the cartridge, which is not working either.
Restoring the original save game was no Problem. So it really seems to be something about the PKHeX edited save game. I'll try an old version of PKHeX next, to see if it might be a problem with the newest version.

EDIT:

No, old version didn't change anything.

Edited by pepper-jk

Okay, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the FTP transfer was to blame.
I'm not sure if it was the client or the server, but the problem was that the file was not transmitted 100% correctly.
I ended up with 2 files of different sizes.

Thanks for mentioning the way I transfer the files.

46 minutes ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

[...] how are you transferring them to the PC?

Problem solved for me. Gonna eject the SD card and plug it directly in the PC from now on.

• Like 1