Pokemon Sun / Moon Mega Evolutions - Evolving Early

Considering the only way to Mega Evolve your Pokemon in Sun & Moon is by getting a post-game Key Item, would it be possible to use the PKHex to inject and add in that item early?  I'm just wanting to be able to Mega Evolve the Absol I injected in.

Sorry, but that doesn't work, needs an ingame flag. Has been mentioned elsewhere.

Can a mod close the thread?

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, ArtemisAbsol said:

Considering the only way to Mega Evolve your Pokemon in Sun & Moon is by getting a post-game Key Item, would it be possible to use the PKHex to inject and add in that item early?  I'm just wanting to be able to Mega Evolve the Absol I injected in.

In my experience, no. However, I may not have my flags ticked correctly. I haven't finished Pokémon Sun yet.  See my screens:

Spoiler

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 12.46.13 PM.pngIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0013.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 23/06/2017 at 1:07 AM, Wanderer1391 said:

To activate Mega Evolution at the start of the game in Sun/Moon check the Unlock Mega checkbox under the Misc tab in the Trainer Info menu in PKHeX. You probably shouldn't use Game Sync afterwards though as Mega Evolution is meant to be post game.

Just out of interest, is it possible to assign the game's displayed item name to the Mega Ring if that were to be injected or does the game just forcefully use the text for the Key Stone for the player?

On 6/22/2017 at 8:07 PM, Wanderer1391 said:

To activate Mega Evolution at the start of the game in Sun/Moon check the Unlock Mega checkbox under the Misc tab in the Trainer Info menu in PKHeX. You probably shouldn't use Game Sync afterwards though as Mega Evolution is meant to be post game.

Yeah, I don't see any "Unlock Mega checkbox under the Misc. tab in the Trainer Info Menu in PKHeX". Where is it, exactly?