Virtual Console Gold & Silver: Glitch Memoirs

theSLAYER

With Gold & Silver coming right up, I'll like to write up some useful glitches that everyone can use, for a slightly more fun-tastic experience!
From our shared personal experiences, no glitches were removed from VC RGBY, so it'll likely be the same scenario.

Using PC to Clone Pokemon [International and Japanese]
This is one of the best glitches ever,
somewhat the easiest to use, and earliest one can use!

While the main intended effect is to clone your Pokemon, but it has a fun side effect: it reverts you to an earlier save state!
Meaning, you can redo certain events, depending on how your plan your save points.
[meaning, between the 1st save state and performing the glitch, you don't save anywhere in between]

Example:
1. Collect all starters (1st save before getting starters from Elm, perform the glitch after depositing your initial starter)
2. Re-activate Roamers (1st save state before roamers, perform the glitch after catching all roamers)
3. Catch Multiple Stationary Pokemon (1st save state before encounter, perform glitch after capture)
4. Receive Eevee, and other gifts again (1st save state before receiving, perform glitch afterwards)

Glitch steps: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cloning_glitches#Box_change_method

Party Merging Trick (Bug-Catching Contest Data Copy Glitch)  [Japanese Only]
This glitch is extremely useful, as you basically end up cloning a Pokemon, with the combination 2 Pokemon details.

Looking from the perspective of your party,
your New Pokemon will have the Species of the 2nd Pokemon, and the stats (including happiness, level, moves and shininess) from the 6th Pokemon,
and it'll become stable if it [the 2nd Pokemon] can evolve.   <it'll revert if placed in Daycare; as good as normal cloning>

Meaning, if you have a Cyndaquil in the 2nd party slot, and your 6th slot is a Shiny Gyarados,
you'll end up with a unstable Shiny Cyndaquil (in summary) and a Shiny Gyarados in battle.
Once your Cyndaquil reaches evolution level, it'll evolve into a Stable Shiny Quilava (in and out of battle)

You won't even need hard-to-find items for ACE glitches, and it can be done as early as you reach the National Park.
(Or Lake of Rage, if you wanted to make your new pokemon a shiny)

This may be considered slightly easier than standard cloning,
if you're unable to hit the Turn Off Power timing.

Steps: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bug-Catching_Contest_data_copy_glitch

Arbitrary Code Execution <aka ACE> (Coin Case Glitches) [International Only]
Arbitrary Code Execution basically means using an exploit entry-point, you gain control of the game and get it to do what it wants,
without external hardware (or even software) usage.

However, in most scenarios ACE can only be properly executed in the late game, as you'll need to get all kinds of peculiar items for it to function.
(If the item can only be found in Kanto, then tough luck. Of course there's trading, but what the requirement of the item is x99?)

My favorite usage (with steps):
1. Turning a Shiny Gyarados to Species: Egg (ID. 253)
2. Change the Species of the Egg to what I want (example: Celebi ID. 251)
3. Hatch it    (It becomes Shiny Celebi!)

Changing a Pokemons Species:

Spoiler

Preparation:

Get a Quagsire holding the item HP Up, with Sleep Talk as the first movePut it fourth in your party.
Put a valid slide Pokémon in slot 3.  A low-level freshly caught or hatched Pokémon should work.  (Reason: The Pokémon's data CANNOT have code which changes code flow, such as jumps, calls or rets.)

Build the code you want to execute in the PC, starting from the second item's count:

Items in PC (Celebi):

[ANY ITEM]                 x[ANY QUANTITY]
[ANY ITEM]                 x38
TM27                       x2
Fresh Water                x42
Lovely Mail                x1
HM07                       x1
Poke Ball                  x65
Great Ball                 x4
Everstone                  x1
Surf Mail                  x51
Full Heal                  x18
Flower Mail                x46
HM03                       x1
X Speed                    x1
TM06                       x1
TM41                       x1

The items in Red above is the species of the Pokemon.
It is explained in the next part:

Change to Other Pokemon:

If you replace HM07 with other items the 65 pokeballs and 4 great balls will add 2 to the index number of the new item.  

In this example HM07 (index number 249) is in the pc and 4 great balls are present causing the index number of the first pokemon in your party to become 251 (249 + 2).  

Some other legendaries you might want are:
Mew: Leftovers (index 146) followed by the 65 pokeballs followed by 2 stacks of 4 great balls each and 1 stack of 2 great balls.
Mewtwo: Leftovers, 65 pokeballs, and 2 stacks of 4 great balls
Moltres: Metal Coat (index 143), 65 pokeballs, 1 stack of 4 great balls and 1 stack of 2 great balls
Zapdos: Metal Coat, 65 pokeballs, and 1 stack of 4 great balls
Articuno: Metal Coat, 65 pokeballs, and 1 stack of 2 great balls
Suicune: TM 42 (index 234), 65 pokeballs, and 2 stacks of 4 great balls
Entei: TM 42, 65 pokeballs, 1 stack of 4 great balls and 1 stack of 2 great balls
Raikou: TM 42, 65 pokeballs, and 1 stack of 4 great balls
Ho-Oh: HM05 (index 247), 65 pokeballs, 1 stack of 4 great balls and 1 stack of 2 great balls
Lugia: HM05, 65 pokeballs, and 1 stack of 4 great balls

Also:
To EGG Species: HM05, 65 pokeballs, 3 stack of 4 great balls (if I'm not mistaken)

So how it'll look like if you change those items (in red), in your PC:
HM05         x01
Poke Balls  x65
Great Balls x04
Great Balls x04
Great Balls x04

To get multiple stacks, you need to deposit stacks of x99 first, then withdraw the unneeded amounts from each stack.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpfgOVfGVTo

Changing to Shiny:
Useful for those who want to convert a non-shiny to shiny
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NADKp7PI2XY

Receiving any Pokemon:
Getting it as a gift, not converting one.
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0ZZ3rIL0vA

Changing Level to 100, changing DVs to Perfect:
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEOOCpNTx88

//-----------------//
I think these are all the useful glitches I can think of for now.
Have fun~

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BrynCat said:

What about the Celebi Egg Glitch? That one is one of the more useful ones, IMO, although you have to have two Sneasels, but those can be traded for.

Link to the Bulbapedia page explaining it

Celebi Egg Glitch requires getting a bad clone,
and I never managed to get a Bad Clone for myself.

I frankly found using ACE to be a hell lot easier than obtaining a bad clone.

As a side note, I don't think those steps work for a japanese game

10 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Celebi Egg Glitch requires getting a bad clone,
and I never managed to get a Bad Clone for myself.

I frankly found using ACE to be a hell lot easier than obtaining a bad clone.

As a side note, I don't think those steps work for a japanese game

Yeah, I guess getting the bad clone would be pretty hard, all things considered. I also agree that ACE would be much easier. The reason I like this so much, is because you can "breed" a shiny Celebi, and that is the closest you can get to a legitimate one. (Edit: without the GS ball event)

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a Japanese copy, as far as I know it doesn't use the coin case glitch or something that isn't in the Japanese versions.

Edited by BrynCat

18 minutes ago, BrynCat said:

Yeah, I guess getting the bad clone would be pretty hard, all things considered. I also agree that ACE would be much easier. The reason I like this so much, is because you can "breed" a shiny Celebi, and that is the closest you can get to a legitimate one. (Edit: without the GS ball event)

I don't see why it wouldn't work on a Japanese copy, as far as I know it doesn't use the coin case glitch or something that isn't in the Japanese versions.

Technically, I use the ACE to do so as well:
SHINY GYARADOS -> EGG -> CELEBI (STILL AS EGG).

So I technically also end up hatching a shiny celebi (just that it'll be at lv 30 with shiny gyarados moves lol)

I've never gotten a bad egg that hit the requirements, so i ended up giving up doing it via that way.

Gen 2 JPN save offsets are different from internatiobal save offsets, so it's easy to assume it wouldn't work the same.

Furthermore, without documentation that proves that it can be done on JPN Gen 2, I'm compelled to believe it doesn't.

20 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Technically, I use the ACE to do so as well:
SHINY GYARADOS -> EGG -> CELEBI (STILL AS EGG).

So I technically also end up hatching a shiny celebi (just that it'll be at lv 30 with shiny gyarados moves lol)

I've never gotten a bad egg that hit the requirements, so i ended up giving up doing it via that way.

Gen 2 JPN save offsets are different from internatiobal save offsets, so it's easy to assume it wouldn't work the same.

Furthermore, without documentation that proves that it can be done on JPN Gen 2, I'm compelled to believe it doesn't.

Well, seeing as the coin case glitch only works in the international releases, there is proof that they changed the offsets at some point. However, are there any glitches that give you a Celebi and work in the Japanese releases? The only other one that I can think of is the coin case glitch, and that only works in the international releases.

3 minutes ago, BrynCat said:

Well, seeing as the coin case glitch only works in the international releases, there is proof that they changed the offsets at some point. However, are there any glitches that give you a Celebi and work in the Japanese releases? The only other one that I can think of is the coin case glitch, and that only works in the international releases.

So far, there doesn't seem to be any glitch that allows controlled corrupting of certain parts of the data.
I seen merging of data, but not changing one to another species..

I mean, at least cloning glitch (via turning off power) still works in Gen 2,
but having it spawn a bad clone that can become a Celebi (or any other species, for that matter), I'm unsure if such a method exists.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:28 AM, theSLAYER said:

Steps: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Bug-Catching_Contest_data_copy_glitch

Arbitrary Code Execution <aka ACE> (Coin Case Glitches) [International Only]
Arbitrary Code Execution basically means using an exploit entry-point, you gain control of the game and get it to do what it wants,
without external hardware (or even software) usage.

However, I do find ACE do normally only be usable late game, as you'll need to get all the items required for it to function.

My favorite usage for this is (with steps):
1. Turning a Shiny Gyarados to Species: Egg
2. Change the Species of the Egg to what I want (example: Celebi)
3. Hatch it (It becomes Shiny Celebi!)

Changing a Pokemons Species:

Hide contents

Preparation
Get a Quagsire with HP Up and Sleep Talk as the first move.  Put it fourth in party.
Put a valid slide Pokémon in slot 3.  A low-level freshly caught or hatched Pokémon should work.  (The Pokémon's data CANNOT have code which changes code flow, such as jumps, calls or rets.)
Build the code you want to execute in the PC, starting from the second item's count.

Items in PC (Celebi):

[ANY ITEM]                 x38
TM27                       x2
Fresh Water                x42
Lovely Mail                x1
HM07                       x1
Poke Ball                  x65
Great Ball                 x4
Everstone                  x1
Surf Mail                  x51
Full Heal                  x18
Flower Mail                x46
HM03                       x1
X Speed                    x1
TM06                       x1
TM41                       x1

Change to Other Pokemon:

Also:
To EGG Species: HM05, 65 pokeballs, 3 stack of 4 great balls (if I'm not mistaken)

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpfgOVfGVTo

I used this glitch and the shiny Ditto glitch from gen 1 to convert a shiny Ditto named Celebi into a shiny Celebi in gen 2. I have a terrible video showing it. Also, thanks for the list of other Pokemon! I found the data online and saved it, lost it again and went searching. I found it a second time and again, I forgot where I saved it. I'd love to get shinnies of all the legendaries in gen 2 using this glitch someday. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

I used this glitch and the shiny Ditto glitch from gen 1 to convert a shiny Ditto named Celebi into a shiny Celebi in gen 2. I have a terrible video showing it. Also, thanks for the list of other Pokemon! I found the data online and saved it, lost it again and went searching. I found it a second time and again, I forgot where I saved it. I'd love to get shinnies of all the legendaries in gen 2 using this glitch someday. 

I totally enjoy using these type of glitches to mess around.

While Glitzer popping is for a different generation (gen 3), I also enjoyed conjuring a shiny celebi egg xD

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

I totally enjoy using these type of glitches to mess around.

While Glitzer popping is for a different generation (gen 3), I also enjoyed conjuring a shiny celebi egg xD

What is Glitzer popping? I just wanted a Celebi to complete my Pokedex. I was working on my gen 2 living dex and as I often do, started watching similar videos to what I was doing for motivation and found some guys LP where he was doing the same thing and performed the Celebi glitch. 

I tried using the AR code from the event gallery but I can't even get Visual Boy advance to load my save file. Or boot the game in general. 

13 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

What is Glitzer popping? I just wanted a Celebi to complete my Pokedex. I was working on my gen 2 living dex and as I often do, started watching similar videos to what I was doing for motivation and found some guys LP where he was doing the same thing and performed the Celebi glitch. 

I tried using the AR code from the event gallery but I can't even get Visual Boy advance to load my save file. Or boot the game in general. 

It's a Pomeg glitch variation that can corrupt the first 2 boxes of your PC.
However, using specific Pokemon+PID and other controlled variables (moves, IVs, EVs, etc), it's possible to have controlled and targeted corruption, to obtain eggs of what you desired.

[it basically targets the 4 stat blocks and getting them to swap around]

You do end up with a bunch of bad eggs, so those need to be removed via reverse cloning.

The code in the event gallery is only for Crystal :/ (I read previously you're playing on silver)

idk if the vc emulator will work with coincase because of it not emulating the Gameboy properly has some one tried it on the injects. coincase ace did not work on pokemon stadium 2 gb tower or vba

Edited by hacks

• 4 weeks later...

@hacks Coin case glitch works on VC.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Now, I've got a few more glitches sourced from the internet!

If you like to convert your Pokemon into various different species, but don't like changing the items in the PC all the time, this is for you!
(first person I thought of was you, @HaxAras :D )

Coin Case Glitch as Memory Editor (using Box 9 name)

Changing Species 2.0

How this glitch works is similar to other iterations of the coin case glitch.
Key difference being the determination of the Pokemon you choose, is based on the name of Box 9.
Also, Quagsire is holding Protein.

Spoiler

1. Set up your party:
- First slot is Pokemon that will be modified (I recommend using an egg that is close to hatching)
- Third slot is low level Pokemon with low attack IVs (glitch may fail if this is incorrect)
- Fourth slot is Quagsire with Sleep Talk as First Move, holding Protein.
- A Pokemon with Fly

Example:
unt1.png

2. Set up these items in PC, in this order:

- [Any Item] x[Any Amount]
- X Accuracy x7
- TM26 (Earthquake) x1
- Super Repel x94
- Stardust x1
- Dire Hit x87
- Super Repel x55
- Ether x3
- Poke Ball x94
- Berry Juice x1
- Dire Hit x95
- Super Repel x3
- Pass (x1)
- Potion x46
- HM03 (Surf) (x1)
- X Speed x1
- Full Heal x18
- Flower Mail x51
- TM06 (Toxic) x1
- TM41 (ThunderPunch) x[Any Amount]

3. Rename Box 9 to the desired Pokemon, based on this list in the spoiler.
It will be
!/RZ_ _ , with the last 2 characters being obtained from this list:

Spoiler

(Note that $ is the male symbol and % the female symbol. The space is represented as _.

Hex Index Number Pokemon Name Item Name Moves Box 9 last 2 characters
0x01 1 Bulbasaur Master Ball Pound AB
0x02 2 Ivysaur Ultra Ball Karate Chop* AC
0x03 3 Venusaur BrightPowder Double Slap AD
0x04 4 Charmander Great Ball Comet Punch AE
0x05 5 Charmeleon Poké Ball Mega Punch AF
0x06 6 Charizard Teru-sama Pay Day AG
0x07 7 Squirtle Bicycle Fire Punch AH
0x08 8 Wartortle Moon Stone Ice Punch AI
0x09 9 Blastoise Antidote Thunder Punch AJ
0x0A 10 Caterpie Burn Heal Scratch AK
0x0B 11 Metapod Ice Heal Vice Grip AL
0x0C 12 Butterfree Awakening Guillotine AM
0x0D 13 Weedle Parlyz Heal Razor Wind AN
0x0E 14 Kakuna Full Restore Swords Dance AO
0x0F 15 Beedrill Max Potion Cut AP
0x10 16 Pidgey Hyper Potion Gust* AQ
0x11 17 Pidgeotto Super Potion Wing Attack AR
0x12 18 Pidgeot Potion Whirlwind AS
0x13 19 Rattata Escape Rope Fly AT
0x14 20 Raticate Repel Bind AU
0x15 21 Spearow Max Elixer Slam AV
0x16 22 Fearow Fire Stone Vine Whip AW
0x17 23 Ekans Thunderstone Stomp AX
0x18 24 Arbok Water Stone Double Kick AY
0x19 25 Pikachu Teru-sama Mega Kick AZ
0x1A 26 Raichu HP Up Jump Kick BZ
0x1B 27 Sandshrew Protein Rolling Kick CZ
0x1C 28 Sandslash Iron Sand Attack* DZ
0x1D 29 Nidoran (Female) Carbos Headbutt EZ
0x1E 30 Nidorina Lucky Punch Horn Attack FZ
0x1F 31 Nidoqueen Calcium Fury Attack GZ
0x20 32 Nidoran (Male) Rare Candy Horn Drill HZ
0x21 33 Nidorino X Accuracy Tackle IZ
0x22 34 Nidoking Leaf Stone Body Slam JZ
0x23 35 Clefairy Metal Powder Wrap KZ
0x24 36 Clefable Nugget Take Down LZ
0x25 37 Vulpix Poké Doll Thrash MZ
0x26 38 Ninetales Full Heal Double-Edge NZ
0x27 39 Jigglypuff Revive Tail Whip OZ
0x28 40 Wigglytuff Max Revive Poison Sting PZ
0x29 41 Zubat Guard Spec. Twineedle QZ
0x2A 42 Golbat Super Repel Pin Missile RZ
0x2B 43 Oddish Max Repel Leer SZ
0x2C 44 Gloom Dire Hit Bite* TZ
0x2D 45 Vileplume Teru-sama Growl UZ
0x2E 46 Paras Fresh Water Roar VZ
0x2F 47 Parasect Soda Pop Sing WZ
0x30 48 Venonat Lemonade Supersonic XZ
0x31 49 Venomoth X Attack Sonic Boom YZ
0x32 50 Diglett Teru-sama Disable ZZ
0x33 51 Dugtrio X Defend Acid aT
0x34 52 Meowth X Speed Ember aU
0x35 53 Persian X Special Flamethrower aV
0x36 54 Psyduck Coin Case Mist aW
0x37 55 Golduck Itemfinder Water Gun aX
0x38 56 Mankey Teru-sama Hydro Pump aY
0x39 57 Primeape Exp.Share Surf aZ
0x3A 58 Growlithe Old Rod Ice Beam bZ
0x3B 59 Arcanine Good Rod Blizzard cZ
0x3C 60 Poliwag Silver Leaf Psybeam dZ
0x3D 61 Poliwhirl Super Rod Bubble Beam eZ
0x3E 62 Poliwrath PP Up Aurora Beam fZ
0x3F 63 Abra Ether Hyper Beam gZ
0x40 64 Kadabra Max Ether Peck hZ
0x41 65 Alakazam Elixer Drill Peck iZ
0x42 66 Machop Red Scale Submission jZ
0x43 67 Machoke SecretPotion Low Kick kZ
0x44 68 Machamp S.S.Ticket Counter lZ
0x45 69 Bellsprout Mystery Egg Seismic Toss mZ
0x46 70 Weepinbell Clear Bell* Strength nZ
0x47 71 Victreebell Silver Wing Absorb oZ
0x48 72 Tentacool Moomoo Milk Mega Drain pZ
0x49 73 Tentacruel Quick Claw Leech Seed qZ
0x4A 74 Geodude PSNCureBerry Growth rZ
0x4B 75 Graveler Gold Leaf Razor Leaf sZ
0x4C 76 Golem Soft Sand Solar Beam tZ
0x4D 77 Ponyta Sharp Beak Poison Powder uZ
0x4E 78 Rapidash PRZCureBerry Stun Spore vZ
0x4F 79 Slowpoke Burnt Berry Sleep Powder wZ
0x50 80 Slowbro Ice Berry Petal Dance xZ
0x51 81 Magnemite Poison Barb String Shot yZ
0x52 82 Magneton King's Rock Dragon Rage zZ
0x53 83 Farfetch'd Bitter Berry Fire Spin ta
0x54 84 Doduo Mint Berry Thunder Shock ua
0x55 85 Dodrio Red Apricorn Thunderbolt va
0x56 86 Seel TinyMushroom Thunder Wave wa
0x57 87 Dewgong Big Mushroom Thunder xa
0x58 88 Grimer SilverPowder Rock Throw ya
0x59 89 Muk Blu Apricorn Earthquake za
0x5A 90 Shellder Teru-sama Fissure zb
0x5B 91 Cloyster Amulet Coin Dig zc
0x5C 92 Gastly Ylw Apricorn Toxic zd
0x5D 93 Haunter Grn Apricorn Confusion ze
0x5E 94 Gengar Cleanse Tag Psychic zf
0x5F 95 Onix Mystic Water Hypnosis zg
0x60 96 Drowzee TwistedSpoon Meditate zh
0x61 97 Hypno Wht Apricorn Agility zi
0x62 98 Krabby Black Belt Quick Attack zj
0x63 99 Kingler Blk Apricorn Rage zk
0x64 100 Voltorb Teru-sama Teleport zl
0x65 101 Electrode Pnk Apricorn Night Shade zm
0x66 102 Exeggcute BlackGlasses Mimic zn
0x67 103 Exeggutor SlowpokeTail Screech zo
0x68 104 Cubone Pink Bow Double Team zp
0x69 105 Marowak Stick Recover zq
0x6A 106 Hitmonlee Smoke Ball Harden zr
0x6B 107 Hitmonchan NeverMeltIce Minimize zs
0x6C 108 Lickitung Magnet Smokescreen zt
0x6D 109 Koffing MiracleBerry Confuse Ray zu
0x6E 110 Weezing Pearl Withdraw zv
0x6F 111 Rhyhorn Big Pearl Defense Curl zw
0x70 112 Rhydon Everstone Barrier zx
0x71 113 Chansey Spell Tag Light Screen zy
0x72 114 Tangela RageCandyBar Haze zz
0x73 115 Kangaskhan GS Ball* Reflect ?N
0x74 116 Horsea Blue Card* Focus Energy ?O
0x75 117 Seadra Miracle Seed Bide ?P
0x76 118 Goldeen Thick Club Metronome ?Q
0x77 119 Seaking Focus Band Mirror Move ?R
0x78 120 Staryu Teru-sama Self-Destruct ?S
0x79 121 Starmie EnergyPowder Egg Bomb ?T
0x7A 122 Mr. Mime Energy Root Lick ?U
0x7B 123 Scyther Heal Powder Smog ?V
0x7C 124 Jynx Revival Herb Sludge ?W
0x7D 125 Electabuzz Hard Stone Bone Club ?X
0x7E 126 Magmar Lucky Egg Fire Blast ?Y
0x7F 127 Pinsir Card Key Waterfall ?Z
0x80 128 Tauros Machine Part Clamp ?(
0x81 129 Magikarp Egg Ticket* Swift ?)
0x82 130 Gyarados Lost Item Skull Bash ?:
0x83 131 Lapras Stardust Spike Cannon ?;
0x84 132 Ditto Star Piece Constrict ?[
0x85 133 Eevee Basement Key Amnesia ?]
0x86 134 Vaporeon Pass Kinesis ?a
0x87 135 Jolteon Teru-sama Soft-Boiled ?b
0x88 136 Flareon Teru-sama High Jump Kick ?c
0x89 137 Porygon Teru-sama Glare ?d
0x8A 138 Omanyte Charcoal Dream Eater ?e
0x8B 139 Omastar Berry Juice Poison Gas ?f
0x8C 140 Kabuto Scope Lens Barrage ?g
0x8D 141 Kabutops Teru-sama Leech Life ?h
0x8E 142 Aerodactyl Teru-sama Lovely Kiss ?i
0x8F 143 Snorlax Metal Coat Sky Attack ?j
0x90 144 Articuno Dragon Fang Transform ?k
0x91 145 Zapdos Teru-sama Bubble ?l
0x92 146 Moltres Leftovers Dizzy Punch ?m
0x93 147 Dratini Teru-sama Spore ?n
0x94 148 Dragonair Teru-sama Flash ?o
0x95 149 Dragonite Teru-sama Psywave ?p
0x96 150 Mewtwo MysteryBerry Splash ?q
0x97 151 Mew Dragon Scale Acid Armor ?r
0x98 152 Chikorita Berserk Gene Crabhammer ?s
0x99 153 Bayleef Teru-sama Explosion ?t
0x9A 154 Meganium Teru-sama Fury Swipes ?u
0x9B 155 Cyndaquil Teru-sama Bonemerang ?v
0x9C 156 Quilava Sacred Ash Rest ?w
0x9D 157 Typhlosion Heavy Ball Rock Slide ?x
0x9E 158 Totodile Flower Mail Hyper Fang ?y
0x9F 159 Croconaw Level Ball Sharpen ?z
0xA0 160 Feraligatr Lure Ball Conversion 9b
0xA1 161 Sentret Fast Ball Tri Attack 9c
0xA2 162 Furret Teru-sama Super Fang 9d
0xA3 163 Hoothoot Light Ball Slash 9e
0xA4 164 Noctowl Friend Ball Substitute 9f
0xA5 165 Ledyba Moon Ball Struggle 9g
0xA6 166 Ledian Love Ball Sketch 9h
0xA7 167 Spinarak Normal Box Triple Kick 9i
0xA8 168 Ariados Gorgeous Box Thief 9j
0xA9 169 Crobat Sun Stone Spider Web 9k
0xAA 170 Chinchou Polkadot Bow Mind Reader 9l
0xAB 171 Lanturn Teru-sama Nightmare 9m
0xAC 172 Pichu Up-Grade Flame Wheel 9n
0xAD 173 Cleffa Berry Snore 9o
0xAE 174 Igglybuff Gold Berry Curse* 9p
0xAF 175 Togepi SquirtBottle Flail 9q
0xB0 176 Togetic Teru-sama Conversion 2 9r
0xB1 177 Natu Park Ball Aeroblast 9s
0xB2 178 Xatu Rainbow Wing Cotton Spore 9t
0xB3 179 Mareep Teru-sama Reversal 9u
0xB4 180 Flaafy Brick Piece Spite 9v
0xB5 181 Ampharos Surf Mail Powder Snow 9w
0xB6 182 Bellossom Litebluemail Protect 9x
0xB7 183 Marill Portraitmail Mach Punch 9y
0xB8 184 Azumarill Lovely Mail Scary Face 9z
0xB9 185 Sudowoodo Eon Mail Feint Attack 'r?
0xBA 186 Politoed Morph Mail Sweet Kiss* 's?
0xBB 187 Hoppip Bluesky Mail Belly Drum 't?
0xBC 188 Skiploom Music Mail Sludge Bomb 'v?
0xBD 189 Jumpluff Mirage Mail Mud-Slap 'v!
0xBE 190 Aipom Teru-sama Octazooka 'v.
0xBF 191 Sunkern TM01 Spikes 'v&
0xC0 192 Sunflora TM02 Zap Cannon 'vé
0xC1 193 Yanma TM03 Foresight 'm$
0xC2 194 Wooper TM04 Destiny Bond 'r$
0xC3 195 Quagsire TM04 Perish Song 's$
0xC4 196 Espeon TM05 Icy Wind 't$
0xC5 197 Umbreon TM06 Detect 'v$
0xC6 198 Murkrow TM07 Bone Rush 'd0
0xC7 199 Slowking TM08 Lock-On 'd1
0xC8 200 Misdreavus TM09 Outrage 'd2
0xC9 201 Unown TM10 Sandstorm 'd3
0xCA 202 Wobbuffet TM11 Giga Drain 'd4
0xCB 203 Girafarig TM12 Endure 'd5
0xCC 204 Pineco TM13 Charm* 'd6
0xCD 205 Forretress TM14 Rollout 'd7
0xCE 206 Dunsparce TM15 False Swipe 'd8
0xCF 207 Gligar TM16 Swagger 'd9
0xD0 208 Steelix TM17 Milk Drink 'l9
0xD1 209 Snubbull TM18 Spark 'm9
0xD2 210 Granbull TM19 Fury Cutter 'r9
0xD3 211 Qwilfish TM20 Steel Wing 's9
0xD4 212 Scizor TM21 Mean Look 't9
0xD5 213 Shuckle TM22 Attract 'v9
0xD6 214 Heracross TM23 Sleep Talk !$
0xD7 215 Sneasel TM24 Heal Bell .$
0xD8 216 Teddiursa TM25 Return &$
0xD9 217 Ursaring TM26 Present é$
0xDA 218 Slugma TM27 Frustration !/
0xDB 219 Magcargo TM28 Safeguard ./
0xDC 220 Swinub TM28 Pain Split &/
0xDD 221 Piloswine TM29 Sacred Fire é/
0xDE 222 Corsola TM30 Magnitude .0
0xDF 223 Remoraid TM31 Dynamic Punch .1
0xE0 224 Octillery TM32 Megahorn .2
0xE1 225 Delibird TM33 Dragon Breath .3
0xE2 226 Mantine TM34 Baton Pass .4
0xE3 227 Skarmory TM35 Encore .5
0xE4 228 Houndour TM36 Pursuit .6
0xE5 229 Houndoom TM37 Rapid Spin .7
0xE6 230 Kingdra TM38 Sweet Scent .8
0xE7 231 Phanpy TM39 Iron Tail .9
0xE8 232 Donphan TM40 Metal Claw &9
0xE9 233 Porygon2 TM41 Vital Throw /0
0xEA 234 Stantler TM42 Morning Sun /1
0xEB 235 Smeargle TM43 Synthesis /2
0xEC 236 Tyrogue TM44 Moonlight* 00
0xED 237 Hitmontop TM45 Hidden Power 01
0xEE 238 Smoochum TM46 Cross Chop 02
0xEF 239 Elekid TM47 Twister 03
0xF0 240 Magby TM48 Rain Dance 04
0xF1 241 Miltank TM49 Sunny Day 05
0xF2 242 Blissey TM50 Crunch 06
0xF3 243 Raikou HM01 Mirror Coat 07
0xF4 244 Entei HM02 Psych Up 08
0xF5 245 Suicune HM03 Extreme Speed 09
0xF6 246 Larvitar HM04 Ancient Power 19
0xF7 247 Pupitar HM05 Shadow Ball 29
0xF8 248 Tyranitar HM06 Future Sight 39
0xF9 249 Lugia HM07 Rock Smash 49
0xFA 250 Ho-oh HM08 Whirlpool 59
0xFB 251 Celebi HM09 Beat Up 69
0xFC 252 ????? HM10 (freezes game) 79
0xFD 253 Egg HM11 (freezes game) 89
0xFE 254 ????? HM12 (freezes game) 99
0xFF 255 ????? (FF) (FF) (freezes game) _A

Example for Celebi wanted:
unt2.png
unt5.png

4. Save the game before leaving Pokemon Center

5. Fly to Cherrygrove
unt3.png

6. Enter the mart, then leave the mart, then go 4 steps to the right.
unt4.png

7. Open Pokedex, Listen to Bellsprout's Cry
unt6.png

8. Open bag, and check your coin case. (you need to have flipped left and right through the pockets, for this to work)
unt7.pngunt8.png

9. Simply hatch the egg now!
unt9.png

9+. If you are morphing from Pokemon > Egg or Pokemon > Pokemon, you need to deposit the Pokemon at Daycare center, then retrieve it.
unt10.png

other things that can/may have to be done.
1. I converted my cloned Red Gyarados into Egg (253) [!/RZ89], so that I can hatch the next intended Pokemon (to get Dex entry).
2. If you intend to do the same, I recommend lowering the Gyarados Friendship to 1, make it an egg, then clone the egg.
This is so that it hatches a hella faster.

3. This is probably one of the easier ways to get (FF) to do the Johto Guard Glitch (for Time Capsule)
4. With this egg obtained, you can trade over and hatch Celebis and Mews in Korean Gold and Silver too! :D
unt11.png

Original source before adaptation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlxO_Ge_BdI, and Source appears to be using Crystal's work.

Giving your Slot 1 Pokemon held item

Same steps as above, with key differences:

Step 3: Instead of !/RZ_ _ , use !/SZ_ _
Using the table above example for Master Ball, it will be !/SZAB

How this all works:
For example, look at the Glitch city's cheat code page for the code to Changing your species of slot one.
It is 01??2ADA , meaning at DA2A, write value (??) to it.
Now, convert that DA2A to respective code required for the box name (using table above):
you get !/RZ

Going back to the code page, and wanting to change DVs to become shiny, you get:
01FA3FDA
01AA40DA

Meaning you need to do the coin case glitch twice, with:
01FA3FDA -> DA3F write FA -> !/gZ59
01AA40DA -> DA40 write AA -> !/hZ9l

Another Example: permanent change of character's sprite color
01??03D2 -> D203 write ?? -> 'r9AD_ _
Example:
Capture.PNG

This method wouldn't work with every cheat code, such as changing wild encounters.
(those type of codes need to be always on RAM, and coin case glitch doesn't keep that value active in RAM for very long..;
Coin case glitch is better suited for changing values in the save.)

Obtaining Celebi in Japanese Gold and Silver, via Bug Catching Glitch
Important: This will only work, if your sixth slot in party was NEVER filled.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2d6yZPHJog

edit: I've updated the memory editor and table.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Using above memory editor, reviving and editing roamers. (Work in Progress)

Branching off from the work done in Crystal to find their location in the ram,
I managed to find Raikou's location in the save, which lead to me calculating its address in the Ram,
and the first set of roamer data is found at 0xDD1A.

This is how the roamer's data is saved:

Spoiler

(this still refers to crystal ram, not the one I discovered)
dfcf species (f3=Raikou)
dfd0 level (0x28=40)
dfd1 map group
dfd2 map number
dfd3 current HP
dfd4 DV
dfd5 DV

New game, not yet released from Burned Tower: 0000 ffff 00 0000
Roaming but not met in battle yet: f328 xxxx 00 0000
Roaming after it was met: as above (DVs generated when first met)
If caught or killed: 0028 ffff 00 xxxx (level and DVs stay)

dfd6 species (f4=Entei)
dfd7 level (0x28=40)
dfd8 map group
dfd9 map number
dfda current HP
dfdb DV
dfdc DV

Next 7 bytes unused Suicune:
0000 ffff 00 0000 (at all stages of game)

dfe4 map number player was last in
dfe5 map group player was last in
dfe6 map number player was in the time before last
dfe7 map group player was in the time before last
The above 4 are one step later most of the time,
but the description is for what they are during the instant when it matters.
Fly/teleport to the same place does rotate them (so they become the same).

dcb5 map group player is currently in
dcb6 map number player is currently in

Possible roaming location values (written map group, map number, route number):
1803 r29
1a01 r30
1a02 r31
0a01 r32
0806 r33
0b01 r34
0a02 r35
0a03 r36
0a04 r37 
010c r38
010d r39
0205 r42
0905 r43
0206 r44
0508 r45
0509 r46
ffff n/a

To activate Raikou in first roamer slot:
DD1A F3 -> é/BZ07
[by changing the 07, species of roamer can be changed; as per table from previous post]

So right now, I've got Raikou reactivated, but it's location won't change, even if I fly or change maps.

Capture.PNG

So to change the Route data, I'm going to arbitrarily select Route 31.
DD1C 1A -> é/DZBZ
DD1D 02 -> é/EZAC

And with that, it's properly roaming again!
Capture2.PNG

We can change the DVs too, to make it shiny!
DD1E 01 -> é/FZAB  (to make it have 1HP. this way any DV changes will sticks; if left as 00, game will regenerate the DVs)
DD1F FA -> é/GZ59
DD20 AA -> é/HZ9l

It works!
iamge11.pngiamge12.png

Maybe tomorrow or the day after, I'll do up a table to fully utilize all 3 roaming slots.

• Like 1

thought i'd share this https://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=8100.0 it uses tm 25 wrong pocket ace and you can use the coincase to get tm 25 in the balls pocket tm 25 ace does not require you to listen to crys or do a movement pattern. Theres also a hex editor with just box names but it makes boxes 5 to 11 names a mess and it requires a lot of box naming but you don't need to keep all those items in your PC and not have enough room for your items.

Edited by hacks

You can do things like make every wild pokemon a certain pokemon. This code here will turn every wild and trainers pokemon into celebi, you can  change what pokemon it changes the opponents and wild pokemon into by changing fb into the hex value of another pokemon. To do this put a junk pokemon in slot 3 in your party and write 3e fb ea ed d0 c9 starting from adc3. Then write c3 to ff8a and ad to ff8b then c3 to ff89. do not switch the pokemon out of that slot from now on or the game will crash. To disable the cheat with out resetting change ff89 back to c9. Here are some other codes. all wild and trainer pokemon shiny: 3e fa ea f5 d0 3e aa ea f6 d0 c9 walk through   walls :21 a3 ce 22 22 22 22 c9. The reason i wrote the code to a pokemon is so you don't have to write it again once you have all ready done it once. Code swapping also works so say i have a pokemon in another slot that a wrote a cheat to i can swap the pokemon and it will change the cheat.

Edited by hacks

ACE code changes generally don't change in the RAM for Long, so change wild Pokemon codes that are adapted usually don't work.

furthermore, the TM25 steps is causing my game to crash (the one where we don't depend on the slider Pokemon)
[i made an error here lol, managed to get it partially working]

also it looks like you're just giving cheat codes, not the glitch equilavent 

It appears @wwwwwwzx found a way to allow the game to keep "cheats" on, by directing to IV/EVs

From the github, for Box 9 hex editor:
% Write GameShark to EVs and IVs first
% You can use the pk2 files given (All legit)

% direct to slot 5 EVs/IVs

• FF8AF5 _A?e09
  • FF8BDA _A?f!/
  • FF89C3 _A?d's♂

% direct to slot 6 EVs/IVs  

• FF8A25 _A?eMZ
  • FF8BDB _A?f./
  • FF89C3 _A?d's♂

Basically if you are doing Slot 5 EVs/IVs, do the Box 9 Coin case for each box name,
then make sure the relevant Pokemon is in the slot you chose!

Here's a video of it in action:

@wwwwwwzx was kind enough to share the files online too~
wild_shiny.pk2
NOWALL.pk2

Perhaps with this, wild species encounter can be modified too!

EDIT; WHOOO!!

I kinda had no idea what I'm looking at, but I managed to make one that allows Celebi to spawn at level 100!

Here's the file, for wild celebi encounters:
test-wild-celebi.pk2

How to change species and level of encounter, based on the test-wild-celebi I uploaded:
Species
Attack EV is 16123 -> 3EFB 
3E is a constant (must be there), FB is the variable that can be changed. (FB is 251 in hex, so Celebi spawned)

Level
Speed EV is 25834 -> 64EA
the EA is a constant (must have), and 64 is the variable that can be changed.(64 is hex representation of 100)

Video proof:

• 3 weeks later...