USUM - I Choose You Cap Pikachu

theSLAYER

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, SciresM said:

It has not been posted anywhere -- I was asked by the person who sent me it not to share it publically yet.

That explains why I haven't seen it. Ok cool.

EDIT: Are the first 4 bytes IVs? 1 guaranteed?

EDIT Again: It would make sense they would include US if they want to redistribute the same QR code later for the US, or more likely for SEA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

That explains why I haven't seen it. Ok cool.

EDIT: Are the first 4 bytes IVs? 1 guaranteed?

No. They're game ID bitmasks, among other things. First byte FF = Sun, Moon, US, UM -- FC = US, UM.

Also if it's like the magearna event the pikachu species and forms will get overridden by the game's parsing code regardless of what's in the QR anyway >.> 

(Magearna QR codepath does if (species != magearna) { species = magearna; })

Last 8 bytes are SHA1(first 0x58) but that's standard memecrypto.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SciresM said:

No. They're game ID bitmasks, among other things. First byte FF = Sun, Moon, US, UM -- FC = US, UM.

Also if it's like the magearna event the pikachu species and forms will get overridden by the game's parsing code regardless of what's in the QR anyway >.> 

(Magearna QR codepath does if (species != magearna) { species = magearna; })

By that logic they would require a game update if they decided to make a QR for something else.  You would think they would just not read the species field whatsoever too.

2 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

By that logic they would require a game update if they decided to make a QR for something else.  You would think they would just not read the species field whatsoever too.

You don't understand the memekey system -- they have an RSA private key with the singular purpose of signing the magearna codes.

The codepath taken depends on the memekey index, found after the POKE magic -- in this case, index 9 is reserved for I choose you cap pikachu (it was a reserved, error path in Sun/Moon).

Also, the species field gets used to decide what to display in the scan window, so they have to overwrite it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SciresM said:

You don't understand the memekey system -- they have an RSA private key with the singular purpose of signing the magearna codes.

The codepath taken depends on the memekey index, found after the POKE magic -- in this case, index 9 is reserved for I choose you cap pikachu (it was a reserved, error path in Sun/Moon).

I see, so it is a kind of check.  Ok that makes sense.

• Like 1