Tamamushi Magikarp event

Megacon94

Hello, fellow Pokemon hunters. I just wanted to make a thread in regards to information on the distribution of the Tamamushi University Magikarp event, that took place in Japan. I am already aware of the 20 Dragon Rage Magikarp that were distributed in the Gen 1 games, paired along with the rare trophy card in the TCG, as well as other merch.

My main onjective at the moment is to find anyone that might have any info on the actual Magikarp that was distributed in game to the winners. What I hope to do is open up a discussion that could lead to similar results as the thread that brought about the Gen 1 Mew being transferred and redistributed from save files before the internal batteries died. If anyone has any info, or even could act as a middleman or translator for other Japanese forums, any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

Is their a Japanese equivalent of Project Pokemon where a community is researching / archiving events? I don't really know what Japanese communities are out there for Pokemon.

If we had someone who is fluent in both English and Japanese, it might well be worth making a bit of noise on Japanese Pokemon community sites. I'd be amazed if someone didn't have a GEN 1 Mew and GEN 2 Celebi somewhere.

Given only 20 Tamamushi Magikarp we're distributed, 19 years ago, the odd's of one surviving are massively against us. Never say never though, it's not like tools didn't exist back them to dump saves and roms. Someone with the foresight the carts battery would eventually die might well have dumped their save, that save ever making it online though...

1 hour ago, jojo12100 said:

I found this on the Web a long time ago searching it.

Hope that you'll investigate for.

I think that at least 1 example is still existing somewhere in Japan.

Dragon Rage Magikarp.png

Yes, i came upon that image, too. I was able to find this website and thread discussing it, but its difficult to properly translate it all.

http://pokemonxy-matome.com/blog-entry-87.html

3 hours ago, ajxpk said:

We don't even have a Japanese 1st Gen Mew or Japanese 2nd Gen Celebi.
So I'm afraid it's unlikely there will ever be a Tamamushi Magikarp popping up.

True, but one can still hope lol

2 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

Is their a Japanese equivalent of Project Pokemon where a community is researching / archiving events? I don't really know what Japanese communities are out there for Pokemon.

If we had someone who is fluent in both English and Japanese, it might well be worth making a bit of noise on Japanese Pokemon community sites. I'd be amazed if someone didn't have a GEN 1 Mew and GEN 2 Celebi somewhere.

Given only 20 Tamamushi Magikarp we're distributed, 19 years ago, the odd's of one surviving are massively against us. Never say never though, it's not like tools didn't exist back them to dump saves and roms. Someone with the foresight the carts battery would eventually die might well have dumped their save, that save ever making it online though...

Thats what im saying! I think its pertinent that we find some sort of language middleman to do some snooping. Heck, id pay for an online investigator like that haha

On 6/14/2017 at 2:35 AM, scottishdanstfu said:

I just did Google translate on the site it's definitely confusing
..d3a430e7938b7c19de5e877aadc58259.jpg

http://hayabusa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/news4vip/1382918834?v=pc this is the original website it is from they are talking about the damage it does and something about esper and it was posted in 2013 so there is a chance it's on someone's pokebank or been save dumped

Is there anyone on this site that might be able to better translate and navigate that website? Even ask around? I noticed the post date, and i thought the same thing

Is there anyone on this site that might be able to better translate and navigate that website? Even ask around? I noticed the post date, and i thought the same thing

I'm not too sure.. if I get more time I'll try navigate it but can't guarantee. Unless anyone else has any time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 6/17/2017 at 2:50 AM, scottishdanstfu said:

I'm not too sure.. if I get more time I'll try navigate it but can't guarantee. Unless anyone else has any time.

Yes, please someone have the time lol. It's an emergency

On 6/17/2017 at 2:50 AM, scottishdanstfu said:

Hey, any luck? I know it's a bit late, but just wanted to know if anything new has popped up haha

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Yes. It was a fun post... From what I understood the Magikarp was merged using "hybrid Pokemon" to get the move.
I still don't expect anything about it to come to the surface. I would love if it does but I would like to stay realistic.
I looked really deep into the whole world wide web and all I found was about the more common Events.
And even when it comes to them I wasn't able to gather a single one...
Everyone is of course welcomed to help searching for more information. 

Well, i still plan on being optimistic, but if this link didn't end up going anywhere, i can understand if nothing comes up. It's just realistic to assume that no one saved their files, preemptively. I'm still going to pray one day, a good lead pops up. Appreciate all your help, though, my man!

• 3 years later...

Someone posted a mon here, and I've hidden the post.
We're not looking for fakes, especially when it a "fake localization" of an event.

I left your other thread intact; it's fine if you want to make it publicly available for other fans of fake stuff,
but don't throw that fan-made stuff into this page trying find/archive relevant information about the real event, alright? :3

Hence why you weren't infracted or anything. I just hid the post and explained my rationale, no other consequence involved :3

edit: like I said, stop putting your fakemon in a thread meant for archival.
If anyone here cared about an event that never got English localization, and wants a fake recreation, they can go to your thread. If people want a fakemon "just for fun", they can go to your thread. I've hidden your post again. This is strike two.

I'm trying to be nice to you. You're not making it easy.

• 2 years later...

image-9.png

I found this on the following page: https://pokumon.com/tamamushi-university-magikarp-campaign/  You don't have much data on the pokemon but looking at the image it wouldn't be crazy to think that the magikarp had the EO of Saito-San (サイトーさん and サイト), I know it's not exactly the same magikarp but coming from the same place I don't think they changed the EO at all the occasions in which it was distributed in pokemon ps: sorry for my bad speech since I am a Spanish speaker xd

• 1 month later...