Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Announced!

theSLAYER

Zygarde will come back I think in USUM

Idea of the Legendaries Split:

-The Legendary Birds in both

-Lugia for UM/ Ho-oh for US

-The Legendary Beasts in both

-Mewtwo X in US/ Mewtwo Y in UM

-The Legendary Titans and Regigigas in both

-Latias in US/ Latios in US

-Groudon in US/ Kyogre in UM

-Rayquaza in both

-Deoxys in both

-The Lake Guardians in both

-Dialga in UM/Palkia in US/Giratina in both

-Cresselia in both

-Heatran in both

-The Swords of Justice in both

-Tornadus in US/ Thundurus in UM/ Landorus in both

-Reshiram in US/Zekrom in UM/Kyurem in both

-Xerneas in US/Yveltal in UM/Zygarde in both

IMG_20171017_205544[1].jpg

• Like 3

I was hoping whatever legendary pokemon they would give us would not be shiny locked... However, looking at the shiny locked pokemon, it's pretty much all mythical outside of this generation. (Sides Zygarde, who will probably keep the shiny lock since it had one in SuMo) I doubt the Tapus, UB, or Cosmog line will have their shiny lock removed. 

Kind of disappointing. At least ORAS gave us Reshiram and Zekrom.

Ahh well... At least the trailer looked interesting. 

• Like 1

ss-027.jpgsphere size.png

The size of the sphere surrounding the player is different in these 2 screenshots.

You probably have to absorb the wild orbs to keep your sphere big.
(it looks like a gas bubble, lol)

It could relate to the "distance you can travel" or "sphere size determines wormhole that can be entered".

My feelings with all informations we have for now:

-Lycanroc New form (meh)

-Necrozma new forms (Solgaleo one will be broken in strat but both are meh)

-UB Burst and Assembly (cool designs, types disappointing, only the first will be used in strat)

-UB Adhesive (>:()

-New Z-move for Kommo-oh (broken), Mimikyu (meh), Lycanroc (interesting) and Necrozma (meh), Mimikyu (not confirmed)

-Ultra Dimension travels (look fun but not convinced for the moment)

-Rotom Dex O-Powers (>:()

-Mantine Surf (in a Pokemon game? Seriously? At least Pikachu mini-game was a bonus feature not a main one)

-Return of Festival Plaza and Battle Tree (>:()

-Alola Photo Club (useless)

-Valley of Pikachu (come on)

-New Pikachu hat (meh)

-New Move: Mind Blow (risky in strat)

-New Story: The most interesting thing but do we really play Pokemon for the story?

-Island Trial changes (annoying sorry)

-Rockruff event (great) but only the one from Ultra Sun will be really used in strat (so disappointing).

Results:

For the first time I'll essentially wait a Pokemon game for its story.

Some new features looks great or at least interesting (Lycanroc Z-Move, Necrozma-Solgaleo, UB Burst and Assembly designs) but most of them are meh when they are not useless or disappointing (return of Festival Plaza, Battle Tree, Alola Photo Club, Mantine Surf, Valley of Pikachu, Rotom Dex O-Powers ...).

In fact I think it's more a communication problem than a lack of work of GF. They communicate too late, on bad things, bad tempo.

Really hope they'll correct that for Pokemon Switch.

• Like 2

My turn~

-Lycanroc New form (interesting. Expected it)

-Necrozma new forms (Looks like too much is going on, in terms of design. However, this is probably what they planned from the beginning. Pretty hyped in any case)

-UB Burst and Assembly (Burst is interesting concept, but I prefer Assemby)

-UB Adhesive (It looks like a Mythical Pokemon. How adorable. I want one.)

-New Z-move for Kommo-oh (Agree, feels broken. But remember, x4 weak to Fairy.), Mimikyu (dunno what's the effect yet),
Lycanroc (interesting but duration of cut scene will kill me) and Necrozma (haven't shown us its unique personal Z move yet), Togedemaru (not confirmed)

-Ultra Dimension travels (Its a mini game, but I get the feeling that landing on the spot you want is gonna be annoying)

-Rotom Dex O-Powers (about damn time)

-Mantine Surf (I think its a fun mini game. plus we can don't play it, and just fly)

-Return of Festival Plaza and Battle Tree (not surprised about it. can't change this type of mechanics mid generation)

-Alola Photo Club (agree that it'll be useless. a niche feature that I'll use a few times. hope that it unlocks something more important.)

-Valley of Pikachu (maybe bring your Ash Cap Pikachu here, and get the Z crystal?)

-New Pikachu hat (Nice concept, doubt my character will wear it all the time tho)

-New Move: Mind Blown (still on the fenec about this)

-New Story: I like having different stories. If I wanted the same story, I'll just replay SM

-Island Trial changes (It'll be a newer experience. If I wanted the same trials, I'll just restart SM.)

-Rockruff event: Saddening that we can't choose to evolve it into normal Lycanroc. I want other Lycanrocs in Cherish ball.

I'm hyped for this game. I'm okay with them making late announcements. It's for the hype.
Remember, SM had so many news, because SM had effectively many new concepts to ease people into.
Now that players have played SM, they only have lesser new concepts for us to accept, hence later announcements, closer to the game.

As a game that was in parallel development with SM, I hope they have enough time to have various stuff fleshed out.
Also, they'll be using unused features from SM (gym building, overworld walking pokemon sprites), which gives me hope for Overworld Zygarde
(it's overworld sprite exists and is unused in SM)

I'm looking forward to the games. I'll be disappointed if there isn't new Alolan Formes, tho.
Also, excited to see what new Mythicals will be in the game.

• Like 1

I think 2019 is a safe bet for the Switch titles since a generation has mostly lasted up to 3 years (4 if they get 3 pairs), even Serebii himself thinks so.

The thing I personally am interested in so far out of the news are there being new Pokemon introduced for a first mid-gen, it's too bad most of my friends aren't really hyped about these games that they'd rather have the Switch games, can't really blame 'em or anyone else for the matter.

Hopefully GF are making the Switch title worth it since there isn't really any hardware limitation stopping them. I also think DPPt were games that really had so much contentwise, so I'd like to see how the remakes play out.

Also, small news update from Serebii:

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

The official site has added multiple new screenshots for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon. Little new information has come with these new screenshots but it does indicate that you will be able to have more interaction with Pokémon on the overworld, being able to bet them. We have added all the new screenshots to our pre-release screenshot page so click the image to go to the page

And this bs:

In The Games Department

Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon

It has been announced that, once per day in Japan, you will be able to receive a special distribution of a Rotom Power from the Roto Loto in Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon in the Pokémon Center. These Rotom Powers you can receive include Roto Hatch, Roto Bargain, Roto Prize Money, Roto Experience Points, Roto Friendship, Roto Encounter and Roto Stealth. These distributions start on November 17th 2017 in Pokémon Centers

Edited by Holla!
  • Like 1

I guess I'll put in my two cents as well:

-Lycanroc's New form: Neutral. Interesting concept, but I still wish it's 3D model looked more unique from Midday. Artwork looks way better.

-Necrozma's New forms: Grew on me a lot over the months. Hated them at first, but like them a lot now. Which is surprising, because I'm not a fan of Kyurem's fusions. I like Kyurem's fusion concept, but the design would likely be a lot better if we got the Original Dragon.

-UB Burst and Assembly: Love them both, and I love UBs. Though Assembly > Burst

-UB Adhesive: Don't really care for it too much, but don't hate it. Least favorite UB. Still think it may be a Mythical. Otherwise, I hope the evolution theories are true.

-New Z-Moves: I like Z-Move animations, but overall I don't use them that much. And if used in excess, said animations are too long. So I don't care either way for getting new Z-Moves tbh, but I like the lore behind them. Likely will be abandoned next Gen as a Gen 7 gimmick, as Megas were for Gen 6.

-Ultra Dimension travels: Traversing Ultra Space is one of the things that has me most excited about this, in regards to traveling to other dimensions. I like the concept. In regards to past legends, I hope it takes you to small parts of their home region. For example, Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave, but can't leave due to some sort of obstruction, or the wormhole blocking the exit. I don't want the battles to commence as soon as you enter the wormhole, like the Hoopa portals in ORAS.

-Rotom Dex O-Powers: Beneficial for their purpose, so that's good

-Mantine Surf: Neutral. Would prefer actual surfing routes between islands, similar to Hoenn. I like exploration in pokemon games, and this doesn't offer that. Similar, but less interesting, to ORAS Soaring. Reminiscent of Yellow's Pikachu Surf, which is fun on occasion.

-Return of Festival Plaza and Battle Tree: Festival Plaza sucks big time, but expected to return. Hope next Gen brings back a PSS variant. Battle Tree is fine I guess, I stopped expecting Frontier to return a long time ago, especially after the ORAS tease.

-Alola Photo Club: Useless, personally. May use it once or twice

-Valley of Pikachu: lol... likely pointless mascot pandering

-New Cap Pikachu: Not too interesting, like all Cap Pikachus, but I like it as an event collector.

-New Move: Mind Blown: Cool. Deals a lot of damage though, so idk if it's practical.

-New Story: Looking pretty good. Glad to see it isn't just Necrozma shoehorned in at the Altar like Platinum or Emerald, rather more deviation like BW2. I like Ultra Megalopolis and the URS. Story is important for pokemon imo, because other than completing the pokedex and event collecting for postgame, I very rarely have touched competitive since Gen 4. Hope the hints at Zygarde in SM actually are followed up on, not just something used to shoehorn in the new forms.

-Island Trial changes: Hope they aren't too similar to SM. I don't have a problem with them though. Was hoping for the theoretical Gym postgame though. Overall, I still want Gyms back next Gen.

Other things to mention,

-Larger Pokedex: One of the most important things personally. That's how I spend my postgame. Really hope we have NatDex returning, as I said before. Then I'll have more of a reason to make an Alolan-Born/Native National Living Dex like I did for XY. With past legends returning, it's looking more likely. I'm still worried though. Hope we have new Alola forms, and possibly a few more new UBs. Still don't know how the pokedex arrangement will work out. Hope more than just one new mythical.

-New Areas: Hopefully other new areas to explore, not just small gimmick areas like Valley of Pikachu. Hopefully Ultra Space is fairly extensive. Alola was thankfully a bit less linear than Kalos, but still doesn't have the exportation aspect of the older generations. Exploration is important, personally.

-"Easier to catch and train pokemon": I hope this means fixing crap like ultra rare SOS exclusives like Mareanie and Sableye. I don't mind low encounter rates, but this concept was nothing but a tedious pain when completing the dex in SM.

-----

I'm hoping with this being the last 3DS main Pokemon game that they go all out and make it as best as it can be. At the very least, it is looking like it may be the best 3DS Pokemon game, despite certain things I would change or things prefer to return from other games. Hopefully it's satisfying enough to hold the gap we know we'll have to wait until the Switch games in 2019/2020.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Holla! said:

Team Rocket are confirmed! So the riddler was right.

Wonder how they'll play out, I'm guessing how he hinted they would.

Hide contents

uscard.jpg

umcard.jpg

My biggest fear, is someone mixing their own fan-fiction with the rumours of the riddler,
which is easy to do, since the riddler isn't posting as himself, but rather, communicating to the outside world via some intermediary.

With the source information deleted as soon as it was posted,
trolls could just ride along the coattails, and say "they saw this posted with that". :(

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

@Holla! @theSLAYER They confirmed that no new Alolan form will appear in another interview.

And Team Rocket returns will be logical with Mewtwo universe.

That's an interesting take of the idea.
though Right now, character count of the name doesn't match up,
there's an extra space in front of "rocket". (I'm talking about it on my twitter right now lol)

This is the image:

Capture3.png

note: I'm missing a "が" at the end of the first line, but it doesn't shift the sentence.

Notice that I've recreated the text alignment.
And in the reaction, note how there's a space in front of "Rocket" (ロケット). Remember, Kanji is off, so only single syllable character can fit into there.

(unless they're lame, and pull a Xロケット or something)

17 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

@Holla! @theSLAYER They confirmed that no new Alolan form will appear in another interview.

And Team Rocket returns will be logical with Mewtwo universe.

You have a link to it?

If that's the case, then it's bs as it would've really been logical for Pokemon like Bellossom or even Jynx. I hope it's a mistranslation or something...

I'm still really mixed about Ultra Sun and Moon to be honest. It's good that Sun / Moon tried something new and I like the whole island / tribal feel to the game. I just think the implementation of the idea could have been a lot better.

A lot of things were done which I feel added no value to the game, such as the rotom dex. That to me just seemed a bit childish.

That brings me on to the next thing, the whole bottom screen generally felt wasted a lot of the time. In the GEN 6 games I always had the PSS system active there and it was nice to see when certain friends came online and see trainers from other countries passing, randomly getting invited to battle / trade as I progressed though the game, using the O-Powers and so on.

The lack of a national dex was a disappointment to me, I’ve had little incentive to bring my living Pokedex from GEN 6 across.

I think for me if we get something like the PSS back, National Dex and a better story now Lilly is a proper Pokemon trainer and a lot of new areas to explore it could turn out to be a good game.

What would be really nice is if we can catch legendries which have only ever been event only, such as Volcanion and Marshadow for example. I’ve pretty much managed to complete my living Pokedex with myself as the OT for every Pokemon, except event only Pokemon and Xerneas. Xerneas been catchable would be nice as it would mean I don’t need to play most of Pokemon X at some point for one Pokemon, although I really enjoyed Y so wouldn’t resent having to do that at all. I just don’t have a lot of time to at the moment.

From looking at the image jojo12100 posted I will have to play both Ultra Moon and Sun to get UB Burst and UB Lay with myself as the OT, so I do want to enjoy theses games.

I think with a lot of small improvements Ultra Sun and Moon could be really nice games, maybe even the definitive 3DS Pokemon game. Currently I think Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are the best Pokemon games on the 3DS.

I still don’t find myself as excited as others seem to be for the games though, which is unsual as i've been pretty hyped for all the Pokemon 3DS games so far. I’m hoping that will change though.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Holla! said:

You have a link to it?

If that's the case, then it's bs as it would've really been logical for Pokemon like Bellossom or even Jynx. I hope it's a mistranslation or something...

Here, in french, I allow you to cry.

But more undiscovered things are in the games according to them (probably a new mythical for example).

• Teary-Eyed 1
  • Speechless 1

2 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Here, in french, I allow you to cry.

But more undiscovered things are in the games according to them (probably a new mythical for example).

That sounds like a cop-out excuse tbh, I don't see a legitimate reason not to include a few more Alolan forms.

At least it seems to imply there could be other new pokemon besides the three new UBs. That's surely a positive. Assuming they weren't referring to returning old pokemon.

Though I wasn't sure if they were saying there will be a new evolution for Eevee or what, "different possibilities for Eevee".

15 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

Though I wasn't sure if they were saying there will be a new evolution for Eevee or what, "different possibilities for Eevee".

Don't know but it looks exciting: a new evolution? Hum low probability but wild Glaceon/Leafeon/Flareon/Jolteon/Vaporeon surely.

Unfortunately I think Eeveelutions are overplayed at this point, and personally have no interest in seeing any new evos. A Dragon-type Eeveelution would be the only thing I'd have the slightest interest in.

Either way I'd applaud any completely new pokemon additions, hopefully more than just these three UBs and the obvious Mythical or two.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 2
  • Ditto 1

I'm seeing a lot of debate about the legitimacy/accuracy of the interview in that French link. I'm not saying it's true or false, but the fact this is being discussed is something to keep in mind for the time being until we have better confirmation.

The date for the next bit of information for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon has been announced. The information is to come on November 2nd at 22:00 JST/13:00 UTC/09:00 EDT/06:00 PDT. It's not currently known what information will be revealed but we will post the second it goes live so be sure to keep checking back
Edit @ 06:12: In addition to this, the official site has put out a plethora of new images focusing on various elements of the game. Not much new information was provided but it does showcase many subevents that happen in the game that didn't exist in Sun & Moon such as Bewear show in Hau'oli Mall, Team Skull ambushing an Alolan Vulpix and various other events. It also confirms Furfrou, Mime Jr., Buneary, Hawlucha and Inkay are in the new Alola Dex and hints at a use for the Strange Souvenir. Click the image to go to our section

• Like 2

Spoiler

Looks to me like the Ultra Space legends will be battled as soon as you enter the wormhole, just like the Hoopa portals in ORAS, as I feared. I should have expected it, but I am disappointed we don't get sent to a small part of Cerulean Cave, etc, for each legendary battle.

8 hours ago, Deoxyz said:
  Hide contents

Looks to me like the Ultra Space legends will be battled as soon as you enter the wormhole, just like the Hoopa portals in ORAS, as I feared. I should have expected it, but I am disappointed we don't get sent to a small part of Cerulean Cave, etc, for each legendary battle.

That isn't exactly confirmation.

They could make us look for Mewtwo in a cave, but were lazy to give us a proper battle background.

There's already walking animation for every Pokemon, why not use the models >:(

Well, there's a chance you're right, and them being lazy annoys me