Pokémon Gold and Silver are coming to 3DS

On 6/9/2017 at 6:10 AM, ajxpk said:

I'm curious to see how the problem with the RTC was solved in the VC releases.
If it's completely synced to the system's clock, which I personally would love to see.
Or if they just use the clock of the system for the time you will still have to set in-game. 

i have a gold vc inject on my 3ds and it uses the 3ds time to sync the clock and if you change the 3ds time at all the time gets messed up on the game and you have to change it in game with the password

11 minutes ago, hacks said:

i have a gold vc inject on my 3ds and it uses the 3ds time to sync the clock and if you change the 3ds time at all the time gets messed up on the game and you have to change it in game with the password

Don't use VC injects, when it comes to GSC.

We don't know how they intend to tackle the RTC problem.
I'm wondering if they would patch it to follow the 3DS time (which is possible,since they could patch trading),
or would they just leave it as is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, King Impoleon said:

You can pre-Download G/S and receive both codes

read the description after purchasing the games,

the codes are in the eShop Settings -> Purchased/Downloaded games -> billing information

I followed the instructions but there is nothing.

Now I wait for an answer from Nintendo.

Traiver is not saying its fake he probably will keep it private and not tell us how to play it early. want to see what they changed in this version they probably only just patched out the print feature.

Edited by hacks

1 hour ago, hacks said:

Traiver is not saying its fake he probably will keep it private and not tell us how to play it early. want to see what they changed in this version they probably
only just patched out the print feature.

So Traiver didn't say it's a GBA inject. Oh wells.

In any case, just wait for the seed XD

Nobody can't tell you how to play it early because there's no way anyone got the needed seeds yet.

Traiver has the original games. I already have them as well. But that's all. Without the seeds you can only partially decrypt the games (they have multiple decryption layers) and those won't be published until the release date (maybe a few hour earlier).

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

Nobody can't tell you how to play it early because there's no way anyone got the needed seeds yet.

Traiver has the original games. I already have them as well. But that's all. Without the seeds you can only partially decrypt the games (they have multiple decryption layers) and those won't be published until the release date (maybe a few hour earlier).

To add to that: Read through @SciresM's excellent writeup on the topic of game encryption.

That aside, a seed shouldn't go up even just a second earlier. The time it goes live seems to be some kind of automatic mechanism as far as I know. However, it seems that occasionally, it is unlocked for short periods of time; I presume that is part of testing (from the linked writeup: "The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes, for example, had its content lock seed published a month before its release date, despite being pre-purchasable. This meant that anyone who was paying attention could have been playing that game several weeks in advance, though I don't know that anyone publically exploited this."). However, I'd be surprised if Nintendo hadn't stepped up their security and stopped testing in production after those blunders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

they also could have done rby gs in the gen 6 days but they wanted to wait for Pokemon's 20 anniversary which i don't like since there wan't a good way to play the originals officially  until the vc since they had dead battery's in them.

Edited by hacks