Why VC Crystal is delayed

jojo12100

As said in January I have a theory explaining why VC Crystal will not released this year:

Japanese Crystal had a unique compatibility with Mobile trainer (ancestor of Wi-Fi services but with the Mobile phone in 2G) which was used to trade Pokemon to distribute events (such as Celebi GS Ball or Odd Egg event), to battle online or access other functions.

And my theory is that GF is actually working translating this in Wi-fi technology. This is a very hard thing to do and to make profitable of that they'll sold the game separately keeping the GS Ball event for that too.

What do you think about? Are you also over hype by the GS VC release?

35 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

As said in January I have a theory explaining why VC Crystal will not released this year:

Japanese Crystal had a unique compatibility with Mobile trainer (ancestor of Wi-Fi services but with the Mobile phone in 2G) which was used to trade Pokemon to distribute events (such as Celebi GS Ball or Odd Egg event), to battle online or access other functions.

And my theory is that GF is actually working translating this in Wi-fi technology. This is a very hard thing to do and to make profitable of that they'll sold the game separately keeping the GS Ball event for that too.

Maybe they're keeping it for Gen 2 20th Anniversary.

I do hope they patch in Mobile Connection usage.

44 minutes ago, TetsuyaGR said:

If they released crystal alongside gold/silver, everyone would buy crystal. So they probably wait for things to calm and then they'll release crystal.

My thoughts exactly. I think they learned from the RGBY VC launch that putting out the enhanced game would overshadow its original pairs.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 7:58 AM, jojo12100 said:

I hope it will come to the switch since the switch is supposed to have WiFi VC games

9 hours ago, DuoForce said:

I hope it will come to the switch since the switch is supposed to have WiFi VC games

I hope not because WIFI will not be free in the Switch.

Actually I think that Crystal will release in 3DS (Poketransfer compatibility) in Q2 2018 and there'll be a Pokemon Bank compatibility between the Switch Pokemon Game (Gen 8?) and Gen 7, by transfering the data of the 3DS Pokemon Bank app to the Switch.

Ps: Do you think they'll distribute the Odd Egg event and the other events to VC Crystal too?

Here my predictions for Poketransfer limitations in Gold/Silver:

-Celebi (all for the moment)

-Odd Egg event

-Special moves only obtanaible in Crystal (TriAttack, move tutors, Water Gun egg move ...)

-Farfetch'd/Gliglar from Stadium 2

-Special event Pokemon with event moves

Edited by jojo12100

16 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

I hope not because WIFI will not be free in the Switch.

Even if the game has Wifi you will not need to pay for Wifi in order to play the game

On 6/6/2017 at 8:42 AM, jojo12100 said:

Q2 2018 or Q1 2019 yes that can be possible.

I still think DP remake will release in nov 2018 according to the recent releases.

But they can also decide to directly swap to gen 8 in switch.

2018 will be the Pokemon Switch game and it will not be DP since game-freak ALWAYS stays on one console per generation

18 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Crystal won't be released as VC version at all. 
But I really hope it will... with some Wifi enhanced features as already mentioned.
How awesome it would be? I just wonder if they would be included in the west versions.

I think the Pokecom center map has been entirely removed from the international versions,
but the Start Menu (Continue, New Game) extra functions probably still exist.

They could make it connect online or local wireless if they ever intend to (like a mystery gift function),
and get it to run code from there.

Given their ability to to recolor and redirect read points (the patches they made for yellow, such as Surfing Pikachu game without a surf Pikachu, changing Jynx Colors, changing animation etc),
they probably could re-add in Pokecom Center map, if need be.