How would i edit the shiny odds for fire red to be 1/512?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
1 hour ago, Birdstar said:

Umm NO, ShinyCC is absolute TRASH

While I have similar sentiments, that feels kinda harsh, don't you think? ><

On 6/21/2017 at 12:36 PM, rbedsole said:

there's a tool called ShinyCC 

There's two important effects:
1. Change the shiny encounter rate.
Any Pokemon caught with this may still be legal (if the PID-IVs match, but in other for that to happen, the frame advance has to match, so who knows)
Any Pokemon caught with this will remain shiny when traded to other games

2. Change the derived PID/TID/SID xored value (commonly known as TSV and ESV), so that Pokemon look they're shiny
Basically if a Pokemon wasn't shiny on another game, when traded over, it may appear shiny
Any Pokemon caught in this game, when transferred away, likely wouldn't maintain it's shininess

ShinyCC is Case 2, which is why it is kind of worthless, if you intend to bring forward your Pokemon to the later generations.
(additionally, some cheat codes emulate Case 1 :/ )

@hiimruss as far as I know, there isn't a Case 1 type of shiny tool for any game below Gen 6.

The closest thing that feels like Case 1 (without any rom hacking) is using Cute Charm Abuse in Gen 4.

• 5 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Birdstar said:

OK, but *how* do I make the edit WITHOUT ShinyCC? I know there's a formula in the code where if the final value is 0-7 then the Pokémon is Shiny, but I want to hange that upper limit to 255. What's the offset that the formula is stored at? 

First, answer this:

1. do you want the new shiny Pokemon to be shiny on future generations, AND remain legal?
2. you just want it to look shiny (don't care if it isn't shiny when transferred to future gens)

On 6/9/2018 at 11:28 PM, theSLAYER said:

First, answer this:

1. do you want the new shiny Pokemon to be shiny on future generations, AND remain legal?
2. you just want it to look shiny (don't care if it isn't shiny when transferred to future gens)

I'm actually interested in this as well and really could care less if the shinies transfer properly.

52 minutes ago, Bradyoactiv said:

I'm actually interested in this as well and really could care less if the shinies transfer properly.

Most people would recommend ShinyCC, but I dont remember if it functions correctly.

What game are you trying to have the shiny odds changed?

100% do-able, i've done Shiny Rate Editing from Gen 2 to Gen 7 without any problem.

For the Gen 3, ShinyCC is just bad. Wrong rate, poorly done, just avoid that. You're best bet for Gen 3 and FR is really to check for ASM. The Shiny Rate Editing is not that hard but quite boring since you need to deal with a lot of routines.

Take a look with some ASM guides in an other forum that relies a lot in rom hacking. Don't want to make ad here.

You'll need to create a new PRNG system, you can add a Shining Charm like to have both 1/8192 and new rate.
But you need to have knowledge in ASM.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 11:12 AM, theSLAYER said:

Most people would recommend ShinyCC, but I dont remember if it functions correctly.

What game are you trying to have the shiny odds changed?

The Gen 3 fgames but FireRed in particular.

Edited by Bradyoactiv

On 6/13/2018 at 11:41 AM, Vladcik said:

100% do-able, i've done Shiny Rate Editing from Gen 2 to Gen 7 without any problem.

For the Gen 3, ShinyCC is just bad. Wrong rate, poorly done, just avoid that. You're best bet for Gen 3 and FR is really to check for ASM. The Shiny Rate Editing is not that hard but quite boring since you need to deal with a lot of routines.

Take a look with some ASM guides in an other forum that relies a lot in rom hacking. Don't want to make ad here.

You'll need to create a new PRNG system, you can add a Shining Charm like to have both 1/8192 and new rate.
But you need to have knowledge in ASM.

You don't need ASM to edit the encounter rate, it is literally a one byte change. Also, once the Shiny is caught, it's permanently shiny, meaning if you put a hack that had the hex edit on it onto a cartridge and caught a boosted rate shiny, it would trade over and still count, even if the shiny rate is lower in the recipient game and it wouldn't properly be shiny there. From there you can trade it up and it will still be legal and still be shiny, however if you wanted to do that you could just use a cheat code lol

On 5/28/2017 at 10:36 AM, hiimruss said:

wheres the shiny odd offset located and how do i change it to match the odds i want?

In Pokémon FireRed, it is at 0x44120. That byte can be increased all the way up to 255, for an encounter rate of 1/512.

2 hours ago, Birdstar said:

You're coming across as rude (at least to me), and I don't like that.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure my responses to you were valid questions, which you didn't reply to.

You don't need ASM to edit the encounter rate, it is literally a one byte change. Also, once the Shiny is caught, it's permanently shiny, meaning if you put a hack that had the hex edit on it onto a cartridge and caught a boosted rate shiny, it would trade over and still count, even if the shiny rate is lower in the recipient game and it wouldn't properly be shiny there. From there you can trade it up and it will still be legal and still be shiny, however if you wanted to do that you could just use a cheat code lol

In Pokémon FireRed, it is at 0x44120. That byte can be increased all the way up to 255, for an encounter rate of 1/512.

As much as this is useful information, which I thank you for sharing.

Seriously, DON'T MULTI-POST
If no one replied you, edit your new info into the post