Anyone here got hit by the recent banwave?

thaleskpl

Hello everyone.

As some of you may already know, there was a recent 3ds banwave, that issues the error code 002-0102 when trying to access your friendlist or go online in games.

I'm wondering if anyone here was affected by it, since there seems to be a large group of gbatemp users banned

14 minutes ago, Johnwraight said:

I turned mine on before I managed to read all of this and unfortunately my new 3ds xl I purchased two days ago is now banned! not going to turn my old one on again until more information has been provided.

was the newly purchased one already hacked?
What games have you played so far?

Whats in your activity log?

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

was the newly purchased one already hacked?
What games have you played so far?

Whats in your activity log?

it was pre owned, no signs of previous hacking and not updated in some time.

only game I have "played" so far using it is moon

yesterdays activity log consists of,

Spoiler

pokemon moon | 0:09

pksm | 0:02

FBI |0:01

Friends List | 0:01

not a very busy day but enough to cause the damage

2 minutes ago, Johnwraight said:

it was pre owned, no signs of previous hacking and not updated in some time.

only game I have "played" so far using it is moon

yesterdays activity log consists of,

Hide contents

pokemon moon | 0:09

pksm | 0:02

FBI |0:01

Friends List | 0:01

not a very busy day but enough to cause the damage

who knows, maybe it's activity log somehow being sent. pretty sure we all ignored it for far too long

12 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

who knows, maybe it's activity log somehow being sent. pretty sure we all ignored it for far too long

I hope its something that can be resolved in time. I would hate to think of this as the death of 3dshacking/ project pokemon events.

I have a nand back up of the previous owner I made before system transfer, I'm going to turn my router off so my 3ds cant connect and restore to it and see if there's a ban there or not.

53 minutes ago, Johnwraight said:

I hope its something that can be resolved in time. I would hate to think of this as the death of 3dshacking/ project pokemon events.

It shouldn't be the end of event collecting, people would have to play on a totally legit 3DS, then place the game cart in a hacked 3DS to dump the save / extract the events. The legit 3DS would be non the wiser.

Sadly it's likely a lot of people who do contribute events are banned, plus it could well make it harder if people are region spoofing to obtain certain events. Then to top it all of people would need two 3DS's to contribute an event.

I guess it's too soon to say for sure though, that's one way how i see it could work though.

8 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

It shouldn't be the end of event collecting, people would have to play on a totally legit 3DS, then place the game cart in a hacked 3DS to dump the save / extract the events. The legit 3DS would be non the wiser.

Sadly it's likely a lot of people who do contribute events are banned, plus it could well make it harder if people are region spoofing to obtain certain events. Then to top it all of people would need two 3DS's to contribute an event.

I guess it's too soon to say for sure though, that's one way how i see it could work though.

It'd be fine if that 3DS had the internet switch off in the first place, but who knows? Plenty of them must've escaped the ban that way, but we can't know for sure until we have proof.

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Nintendo has been known to collect information, to initiate a second wave.

So turning on your switch to check if you were ban, could send over information that will hit you when the second wave comes.

That's exactly why i've not turned my WiFi on to check, if i'm banned nothing will change that.

However if i'm not and progress is made figuring out what exactly is flagging a 3DS for a ban, I can then potentially do something about it before going online again. At that point ill either find out i'm banned or got lucky.

This might well end up been like the Xbox 360, by that i mean if you have a console hacked to run unsigned code it has to stay offline. Jtag / RGH hacked Xbox 360's got banned before they even finished connecting to Xbox Live. If you wanted the best of both worlds with the Xbox 360 you had two consoles, one legit and one hacked.

Owners of Nintendo consoles have had it great for well over the last decade, the DS, Wii and Wii U to present are a free for all as far as hacks and homebrew go, you can do what you want with no consequences.

The 3DS has been a free for all until now, I dont think anyone actually expected Nintendo to care at this point, however it appears they do.

2 minutes ago, InsaneNutter said:

That's exactly why i've not turned my WiFi on to check, if i'm banned nothing will change that.

However if i'm not and progress is made figuring out what exactly is flagging a 3DS for a ban, I can then potentially do something about it before going online again. At that point ill either find out i'm banned or got lucky.

This might well end up been like the Xbox 360, by that i mean if you have a console hacked to run unsigned code it has to stay offline. Jtag / RGH hacked Xbox 360's got banned before they even finished connecting to Xbox Live. If you wanted the best of both worlds with the Xbox 360 you had two consoles, one legit and one hacked.

Owners of Nintendo consoles have had it great for well over the last decade, the DS, Wii and Wii U to present are a free for all as far as hacks and homebrew go, you can do what you want with no consequences.

The 3DS has been a free for all until now, I dont think anyone actually expected Nintendo to care at this point, however it appears they do.

We always knew this was gonna happen eventually though... I figured this would happen eventually, but who knows what'll happen next, maybe they'll eventually stop caring. But that's just me talking out of my butt, so who knows, maybe they've gone back to their old selves again (remember, they used to be like this).

11 hours ago, coltonsmogon said:

We always knew this was gonna happen eventually though... I figured this would happen eventually, but who knows what'll happen next, maybe they'll eventually stop caring. But that's just me talking out of my butt, so who knows, maybe they've gone back to their old selves again (remember, they used to be like this).

I must be honest at first i did think Nintendo would ban, however as the years have gone on Nintendo have never bothered. I have always been careful though disabling WiFi before running homebrew or user created CIA's. Even then i fully expect the activity log was sent to Nintendo the next time the 3DS went online.

It's been 3 and a half years since Gateway first released Emunand support for their flash card, since then we've had free custom firmware for well over two years now, along with more hacks and exploits than I can count.

The 3DS scene has had a good run either way. If i happen to get banned ill keep my original 3DS XL for homebrew, hacks and messing about, then save up and purchase the "New 2DS XL" when its released in July, keeping that totally legit.