Stuck in Japan

ReignOfComputer

I'm super bored. I missed my flight back to Singapore from my Japan holiday, and now I'm stuck in Tokyo's Narita Airport for 20 hours. Anyway, thought I'd talk about the Pokemon aspects of my trip.

2.jpg 1.jpg

This time, I went to Osaka and Tokyo. On 13th May, I reached Osaka - coincidentally the start of the Eeveelutions Event at the Pokemon Center. We popped by PC Osaka, and grabbed 7 of 8 Wonder Cards for the distribution as well as an NTR RAM Dump of the "Boss" process. At 8pm, we were promptly shooed out of the store for closing time. The "Boss" process didn't contain our WC7Full, so @theSLAYER suggested to dump "NWM" and "Niji_loc" (SuMo's process) as well.

Pokemon Center Osaka Photos here.

3.jpg 4.jpg

I returned on 14th May, grabbing the last WC as well as the process dumps, which @theSLAYER and @Sabresite examined. Jackpot! The WC7Full data was found in the "Niji_loc" process, at offset 0x08000000. @zaksabeast came on to help develop an NTR plugin "WC7Pirate" to make the dumping process easier.

5.jpg

Had an unscheduled pass by of PC Tokyo Sky Tree on 18th May - but didn't have time to go inside.

On 20th May, we reached PC Mega Tokyo - which seems to have drastically downsized since I was last here (unless I remember wrongly). Unfortunately, tests with the NTR plugin failed, but I got the chance to dump memory again and we learned more about WC7Full's structure and that dates are generated by the distribution device (@Sabresite wanted to check this out).

6.jpg 7.jpg

Additionally, I attempted, even with help from Japanese speaking friends, to convince the PC staff it was my birthday. The staff all refused to give me the Birthday Gift Pokemon, saying I need my passport for that, and the most they could do is to give me a birthday card and hat. All was not lost though, I got great shots of the distribution devices for the Eeveelutions (wireless) and Birthday Gift (infrared).

8.jpg 9.jpg

Left: Eeveelution Wireless distribution, third line blinks every few seconds | Right: Potentially a backup 3DS

10.jpg 11.jpg

Left: Staff sending Birthday Pokemon via Infrared | Right: I'm an Umbreon, mission accomplished

Through a series of unfortunate events, including late checkout, going to the wrong station, missing trains, resulted in missing my flight. Narita Airport has a Pokemon Store though, and it's running the Eeveelutions and Birthday Gift distributions too! I essentially have 20 hours next to Pokemon. Played with WC7Pirate again, but still no dice. Had yet another swag run.

12.jpg

I tried to get some Australian stranger whose birthday fell on this month, but once the staff figured the 3DS was mine they said no. Bummer. He got a card and cap though.

Anyway, we were going to end up camping in a corner of the airport until our flight but that became less and less feasible very quickly. I'm now typing this from my Capsule Hotel, and hopefully ya'll have something for me to poke the Pokemon Store with tomorrow when I wake up :)

13.jpg 14.jpg

P.S. They do turn off the distributions when the store closes.

15.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Sabresite got me to change my 3DS date to a few days ahead, and when I received the WC7Full it was dated the actual current date and not my fast-forward date.

Does this means that; all the Local Wireless distribution events (and possibly infrared ones) have the actual date and not the one in the console.

also, whats the difference between "WC7Full" and the WC7 in the download section? D; ( Sorry for being noob D:; )

Edited by JISN064

14 minutes ago, JISN064 said:

Does this means that; all the Local Wireless distribution events (and possibly infrared ones) have the actual date and not the one in the console.

First off, this doesn't change legality of dates on WC7.

While the WC7FULL came with dates, when written into the save as WC7, it gains a new date from the 3DS.
(It's only interesting, as all previous WC7FULL were dateless. It's interesting that the distribution device dated it for distribution)

14 minutes ago, JISN064 said:

also, whats the difference between "WC7Full" and the WC7 in the download section? D; ( Sorry for being noob D:; )

WC7FULL contains a few flags and distribution text, on top of the WC7 Data.
However, almost none of the wc7full data is actually stored into the save, besides WC7 data.
(@Sabresite mentioned that he figured out how the game prevents you from receiving a eeveelution you already received; that's not documented yet, I believe)

Besides for research, the WC7FULL is of no use to common users right now, hence I am archiving them separately.

I have the documentation of the wc7full here.

PS: @JISN064 I think your signature is becoming too long (due to the recent inclusion of Mega Mawile.)
I'll say the best way is to combine it up with the line on top.

10 minutes ago, JISN064 said:

Uhm ... from what I can understand:

"You, as a regular/common user, have nothing to do/worry about with wc7full stuff" ... right? xD

lol that's totally not what I meant.

Normal users not interested in research can use WC7 in our Event Gallery and import into PKHeX for usage, hence why its much easier to find them.

Additionally, it's not like we are able to spoof the distribution devices, hence wc7full can't be used more commonly.

[so literally, common users won't be able to use them, beyond normal importing which can be done using wc7]

For users into researching it, they've all been in the archived .rar this whole time xD

2 minutes ago, ReignOfComputer said:

Okie, checking in now, assuming there's nothing more for me.

darn, looks like we weren't able to get the plugin in time.

Have a safe flight back!

• 1 year later...

You're stuck in Japan?....man I wish I was you! I love Japan a ton and i doubt i could ever get bored there X3;;;

It seems easily the country i'd most want to visit one day :) I even planned on making a thread, bragging about how awesome Japan is to me on this forum sometime xD