Stadium 2 Debuggers Pokemon Quest

jojo12100

What Pokemon do you mean exactly? Those from the Cup Clear Demo (Pikachu, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Nidoran♀, and Nidorina)?

EDIT: If you meant those from the Main Battle menu ( Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Caterpie and Metapod ), I got them. I just have to bring them into usable format. They use different endianness and character encoding........

Raw data from RAM

Raw data from RAM (JP)

3 hours ago, BlackShark said:

What Pokemon do you mean exactly? Those from the Cup Clear Demo (Pikachu, Raichu, Sandshrew, Sandslash, Nidoran♀, and Nidorina)?

EDIT: If you meant those from the Main Battle menu ( Charizard, Squirtle, Wartortle, Blastoise, Caterpie and Metapod ), I got them. I just have to bring them into usable format. They use different endianness and character encoding........

Raw data from RAM

Yes, I spoke about those from Main Battle menu but those from Cup Clear Demo can be good to dump too.

Plus, do you know if the Counter Bulbasaur is just an animation or if it's generated somewhere in the RAM?

49 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Yes, I spoke about those from Main Battle menu but those from Cup Clear Demo can be good to dump too.

Plus, do you know if the Counter Bulbasaur is just an animation or if it's generated somewhere in the RAM?

It seems those are just animations without any actual Pokemon data beeing generated.

On 14.5.2017 at 5:10 PM, jojo12100 said:

Ok, so about the Main Battle Menu pokemon the problem is the encryption right? Can I help you? Maybe @suloku 's tool?

There is no encryption, just the format is different. Well, here they are! There were actually a few more Pokemon since you have 6 in your party even if you only can use 3.IVs are random as well as moves (enjoy your Whirlpool Charizard, lol ....), EVs are maxed, ID is zero and OT is either Pokemon (yours) or Stadium (your opponent's).

Main Battle Pokemon.zip

I attached a Stadium save file as well. The Pokemon are in Box 1 (save offset: 0x5320).

POKEMON STADIUM 2.fla

EDIT:

These files had an error, see my post below!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

There is no encryption, just the format is different. Well, here they are! There were actually a few more Pokemon since you have 6 in your party even if you only can use 3.IVs are random as well as moves (enjoy your Whirlpool Charizard, lol ....), EVs are maxed, ID is zero and OT is either Pokemon (yours) or Stadium (your opponents).

Main Battle Pokemon.zip

I attached a Stadium save file as well. The Pokemon are in Box 1 (save offset: 0x5320).

POKEMON STADIUM 2.fla

Thanks you're awesome.

Don't be cynical I love my Whirlpool Charizard ^^

Excellent now we can go to our next challenge. I'll start my researches about Acid Digglet in Stadium 1.

Edit: Do you know when Jap Crystal compatibility will come in PkHex? To add the Jap Debuggers Pokemon of Crystal.

Damn .... I did a big fail on this! But blame it on the swapped bytes, they confused me. The actual OT of these Pokemon is neither Pokemon nor Stadium, even though those are the trainer's names displayed during the battle.

The real OT, according to the RAM, is Satoru! Since Mr. Satoru Iwata was the producer of the Stadium games this makes totally sence. Unfortunately the Pokemon are still not special.

Here are the fixed files. Now everything should be correct.

Satoru's Debugger Pokemon.zip

POKEMON STADIUM 2.fla

And for Japanese....

POKEMON STADIUM G&S.fla

• 2 years later...

Where would one start to research how to use these or inject them into a rom or how ever it may be done? I am an absolute noob when it comes  to formats, and the over framework and how these assests and stuff work. Any easy to use tools, or a place for tutorials, guides and stuff to catch up. I code a bit, python, coffee script and stuff, I just never got into needing to know jack shiz about encodeing, bytes or any of that, witch may change soon with an idea I have, or want to make.