- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Origin game: AS
Met location: Soaring in the Sky
Ball:Poke ball
Met level: 50

Putting aside the fact that it's a horrible set this Landorus was marked as legal by Pkhex despite the fact that Landorus can only get his hidden ability from the dream radar and not any mainstream games. (pretty sure that means it can't be shiny either). This was something Gamefreak actually managed to look through as I learned the hard way. So it's just a heads up to Mr. Kaphotics that this error exists in the legality checker for the program. Pkhex is an absolutely amazing program and I'm eager to help in any way to make it better.

On 5/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, sora10pls said:

Have you tested the issue as of this commit? It seems to have fixed the issue.

Download the latest commit from TeamCity (log in as guest => artifacts => download zip).

Screenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png.031b5c7f563e2f5bbc79408542be1cda.png

This worked, thanks! Something I do have an issue on though, the "past handler cannot be current OT". I understand that is extremely extremely unlikely but is it really illegal? Isn't there still the tiniest of chances that your ID and SID happened to match up with the previous gen's ID/SID through RNG abuse and with the same OT too? If someone gave you their 7th gen's ID and secret ID and I made a Pokemon whose origin game is from gen 4/5/6 with the same as theirs it would be legal on my game, but then once I trade it to them it would be illegal on theirs? 

Regardless it's still allowed to be traded and I don't see why Gamefreak would ban it since the possibility exists. It's just kind of irksome seeing the little red exclamation mark there knowing that for all intents and purposes it's fully functional.

Edited by Eleczoro

21 minutes ago, Eleczoro said:

This worked, thanks! Something I do have an issue on though, the "past handler cannot be current OT". I understand that is extremely extremely unlikely but is it really illegal? Isn't there still the tiniest of chances that your ID and SID happened to match up with the previous gen's ID/SID through RNG abuse and with the same OT too? If someone gave you their 7th gen's ID and secret ID and I made a Pokemon whose origin game is from gen 4/5/6 with the same as theirs it would be legal on my game, but then once I trade it to them it would be illegal on theirs? 

Regardless it's still allowed to be traded and I don't see why Gamefreak would ban it since the possibility exists. It's just kind of irksome seeing the little red exclamation mark there knowing that for all intents and purposes it's fully functional.

Try trading it to them to see if they end up the current handler. Version does not match.

RNG can be used but for every other case it is not remotely possible, hence it is better to flag it.

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

Try trading it to them to see if they end up the current handler. Version does not match.

RNG can be used but for every other case it is not remotely possible, hence it is better to flag it.

Ah, the creator himself! I apologize if my post presumed too much since I don't have a millionth of the knowledge you have regarding the game mechanics.

However, I'm afraid I don't understand the error in this case. If I got someone's 7th gen ID, SID, and OT/gender, and then made an OR Pokemon be owned by them, it would be legal on my file, right? So if I then trade the Pokemon to that person what happens? Does it become illegal on their file? Or does the latest handler become my OT? Because if that's the case, if I simply changed the "latest OT" to a random person on a past gen pokemon with my current ID/SID/OT would that suffice? Or is it because of something entirely different? I would greatly appreciate the explanation for this because it's the biggest thing that confuses me with pkhex.

@Eleczoro

the "7th gen ID" (I like to call it Passport ID) is a six-digit number. A five-digit Trainer ID and a five-digit Secret ID are still generated but are not displayed on the Trainer Card directly. Rather, they are used to calculate the final ID number.

There is no Passport ID in previous games When you transfer a pkmn from Gen X to Gen7, transfered pkmn retain their original 5-digit TID (called ID Nº. in the summary)

1 hour ago, JISN064 said:

@Eleczoro

the "7th gen ID" (I like to call it Passport ID) is a six-digit number. A five-digit Trainer ID and a five-digit Secret ID are still generated but are not displayed on the Trainer Card directly. Rather, they are used to calculate the final ID number.

There is no Passport ID in previous games When you transfer a pkmn from Gen X to Gen7, transfered pkmn retain their original 5-digit TID (called ID Nº. in the summary)

Yes, and the Trainer ID shown on the transferred Pokemon have the original 5 digit ID. But I still don't see why having the same TID and SID in a transferred Pokemon as the ones that were generated in Gen VII to form the passport ID is illegal.

Edited by Eleczoro

4 hours ago, Eleczoro said:

Ah, the creator himself! I apologize if my post presumed too much since I don't have a millionth of the knowledge you have regarding the game mechanics.

However, I'm afraid I don't understand the error in this case. If I got someone's 7th gen ID, SID, and OT/gender, and then made an OR Pokemon be owned by them, it would be legal on my file, right? So if I then trade the Pokemon to that person what happens? Does it become illegal on their file? Or does the latest handler become my OT? Because if that's the case, if I simply changed the "latest OT" to a random person on a past gen pokemon with my current ID/SID/OT would that suffice? Or is it because of something entirely different? I would greatly appreciate the explanation for this because it's the biggest thing that confuses me with pkhex.

The game stores two sets of Friendship/Memories; one for the Original Trainer, and one for the latest (not OT) Handling Trainer. A Pokemon will now always remember its first trainer, and will remember the last trainer that had possession of it.

The pkm format stores a 0 or 1 to point to which values should be used: 0 = OT, 1 = HT.

Since the OT info is for a different game (different version), it should never be 0 if it is transferred to a future format. The OT values are forever frozen, and never to be modified. PKHeX also uses this restriction for memories; a past gen PKM can never make a memory with the OT as memories did not exist while it was with its OT.

99.9999% of the time, a similar ID/SID/OT is due to hacking, thus it should be flagged. I am not aware of anyone who has RNG'd their ID/OT to match a past game ID, but have encountered specimens that can be flagged with this logic.

Change the OT/ID info to something that does not match your current save file, then make yourself the handling trainer (HT name text). Rather, just let PKHeX set that for you (which it does automatically).

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

The game stores two sets of Friendship/Memories; one for the Original Trainer, and one for the latest (not OT) Handling Trainer. A Pokemon will now always remember its first trainer, and will remember the last trainer that had possession of it.

The pkm format stores a 0 or 1 to point to which values should be used: 0 = OT, 1 = HT.

Since the OT info is for a different game (different version), it should never be 0 if it is transferred to a future format. The OT values are forever frozen, and never to be modified. PKHeX also uses this restriction for memories; a past gen PKM can never make a memory with the OT as memories did not exist while it was with its OT.

99.9999% of the time, a similar ID/SID/OT is due to hacking, thus it should be flagged. I am not aware of anyone who has RNG'd their ID/OT to match a past game ID, but have encountered specimens that can be flagged with this logic.

Change the OT/ID info to something that does not match your current save file, then make yourself the handling trainer (HT name text). Rather, just let PKHeX set that for you (which it does automatically).

Of course, but there is still that (bulbapedia says) 1 in 4,294,967,296 chance of it happening so not impossible right? That's the biggest thing I want to understand. I do get that 99.99999% of the time it's been hacked to do it but it's not technically illegal is it? From what I thought,  the legality checker is for illegal, which are impossible, things and stuff that extremely unlikely like shiny 6V gen 3 Pokemon are still legal. 

Reason I ask is because I want to be seen as the original trainer for a transferred move mon so that it doesn't have the exp boost, I can change the nickname if needed, and so that people I trade the Pokemon to can see my ID and SID if they use a save editor themselves. It doesn't do much else and gamefreak allows you to battle and trade with them so it doesn't seem to affect online. 

It's impossible unless you find a way to make a GenVI game use a 6-digit ID Nº

3 hours ago, Eleczoro said:

Reason I ask is because I want to be seen as the original trainer for a transferred move mon so that it doesn't have the exp boost

Why don't you just make the pokemon in the actual game (Gen7) ?

3 hours ago, Eleczoro said:

Look it like this:

In order to be the true Original Trainer in a Gen6 game, so that you can nickname it, your pokemon has to match the following data:

• TID Value
  • SID Value
  • OT name

Now, from Gen7 games there is a NEW requeriment to be the true Original Trainer

• TID Value
  • SID Value
  • OT Name
  • Passport ID value

Since the Passport ID doesn't exist in previous games, you can't be the true Original Trainer.

Edited by JISN064

14 hours ago, JISN064 said:

It's impossible unless you find a way to make a GenVI game use a 6-digit ID Nº

Why don't you just make the pokemon in the actual game (Gen7) ?

Look it like this:

In order to be the true Original Trainer in a Gen6 game, so that you can nickname it, your pokemon has to match the following data:

• TID Value
  • SID Value
  • OT name

Now, from Gen7 games there is a NEW requeriment to be the true Original Trainer

• TID Value
  • SID Value
  • OT Name
  • Passport ID value

Since the Passport ID doesn't exist in previous games, you can't be the true Original Trainer.

What do you say is impossible? For you to be considered a past gen pokemon's ot? Because it's actually not. If you give your gen VI Pokemon the same TID and SID as your Gen VII file's then they're actually treated like they're yours so no exp boost and can be nicknamed. I've tested this myself. If you mean it's impossible to have a gen VI Pokemon have a passport ID value then I know that. But it seems the passport ID value is just an aesthetic. What only matters for the Pokemon to be considered yours is TID and SID. 

And I can't make the Pokemon Gen VII because I want them to have tutor moves plus legends/unown are unobtainable in Sun/Moon.

@Eleczoro let me see if I got you right:

I understand you want the OT/TID/SID combo of your Gen 6 Pokemon to be the same as your Gen 7 game.

If it's correct, and you're adamant about this, my suggestions is:

load the Pokemon in a different Gen 7 game. If you don't see illegal flags from PkHeX in that second Gen 7 game, trade em over to the intended Gen 7 game.

(or drag and drop, if you can't trade).

I do think Kaphotics is right in wanting to flag the supremely highly improbably scenario, but if you still wanna go ahead, at least I've given you something to work with.

44 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@Eleczoro let me see if I got you right:

I understand you want the OT/TID/SID combo of your Gen 6 Pokemon to be the same as your Gen 7 game.

If it's correct, and you're adamant about this, my suggestions is:

load the Pokemon in a different Gen 7 game. If you don't see illegal flags from PkHeX in that second Gen 7 game, trade em over to the intended Gen 7 game.

(or drag and drop, if you can't trade).

I do think Kaphotics is right in wanting to flag the supremely highly improbably scenario, but if you still wanna go ahead, at least I've given you something to work with.

I don't think it's a bad idea to flag it either. But what I'm curious is if it's truly impossible or not. I'm not as well versed in the game mechanics and coding so I genuinely don't know if it's completely impossible or just supremely unlikely. From what I've read it doesn't seem to be truly impossible but I could be wrong. I had read and thought that non beast balls on an ultra beast have a simple 1x modifier for months before I learned from a dataminer it actually is a .1x modifier like beast balls on non ultra beasts.

Anyway, I've been doing what you suggested and it's working as intended as well as not negatively affecting me online. I'm just bothered by the exclamation mark saying it's illegal since I don't know if it's truly impossible or not.

It's as possible as striking the lottery (all balls in Loto) and also getting struck by lightning, and also having a meteor crush your house, all 3 happening at the same time concurrently.

Not truly impossible, but likelihood highly unlikely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

It's as possible as striking the lottery (all balls in Loto) and also getting struck by lightning, and also having a meteor crush your house, all 3 happening at the same time concurrently.

Not truly impossible, but likelihood highly unlikely.

Eloquently put lol. And I got my answer so thanks! It's really only for single player purposes anyhow.

Edited by Eleczoro
  • Like 2