coltonsmogon

Does anyone wanna do a tourney on here anymore? (Doesn't matter if it's XYORAS/S/M)

Would you participate?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate?

• Yes, if the game is OR/AS
    • Yes, if the game is Sun/Moon
    • Yes, and I don't care if the game is OR/AS or Sun/Moon
    • Maybe, if time permits
    • No

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Those are some valid reasons, but the purpose of this post isn't to rebut your points.

It's just significantly easier to hold tournaments by using Friendly Competition introduced in S/M.

But that too, may not happen.

It doesn't seem as tho there's many interested parties..

Not really... We need to try & bring back interest to the tourney... Maybe send this tourney stuff to the front page, that'll probably help.

Just now, coltonsmogon said:

Not really... We need to try & bring back interest to the tourney... Maybe send this tourney stuff to the front page, that'll probably help.

may I clarify what your "not really" is referring to?

4 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

Maybe send this tourney stuff to the front page, that'll probably help.

Might do that later. I just featured the topic, so maybe the star by the thread title will give it a little more attention.

@evandixon maybe we should conduct an open poll, using the news to announce it,
regarding if there's any interested members in participating?

I'm thinking the Poll answers should be:
Yes - ORAS
Yes - SunMoon
No

We could give it a deadline of 3 weeks, to see if we can garner enough attention.
(or the moment either yes hits 20 people, we can start discussing how it'll be held)

Total count will be based on the sum of both "yes", and the majority count in either yes means that will be the format we hold our tournament.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@evandixon maybe we should conduct an open poll, using the news to announce it,
regarding if there's any interested members in participating?

I'm thinking the Poll answers should be:
Yes - ORAS
Yes - SunMoon
No

We could give it a deadline of 3 weeks, to see if we can garner enough attention.
(or the moment either yes hits 20 people, we can start discussing how it'll be held)

Total count will be based on the sum of both "yes", and the majority count in either yes means that will be the format we hold our tournament.

I added a poll to this thread. Although I'm not sure if it works well with the existing question. I propose we remove it and say that the winner gets to decide which badge is used.

• Like 2

Just now, evandixon said:

I added a poll to this thread. Although I'm not sure if it works well with the existing question. I propose we remove it and say that the winner gets to decide which badge is used.

I second that!

I voted "maybe, if time permits". For the record, I don't really care which game is used, as long as I can use save file backups to recover legit Pokémon that were transferred to Sun/Moon, if it's held with OR/AS.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

Can't vote for some reason. Vote option never shows up for me :S

But if you wanna know, yes, I will (if the games used are ORAS).

That's probably because you technically already voted on the poll. I changed a setting so you should be able to change your vote (i.e. vote for the first time on a question that wasn't there when you submitted a vote for a question that was deleted).

Just now, evandixon said:

That's probably because you technically already voted on the poll. I changed a setting so you should be able to change your vote (i.e. vote for the first time on a question that wasn't there when you submitted a vote for a question that was deleted).

Thanks. P.S. I cast my vote...

I'd play if it was Smogon rules singles, otherwise I have absolutely no idea how to battle

After cleaning up old files, I found the image that was used for the Tournament OU badge: tournamentou.png

I'll still let the winner of this tournament choose which icon to be used in whatever badge is awarded, I just thought this was interesting.

• Like 2

Friendly Competitions unfortunately don't use a tourney bracket.

They play out like an official online competition or Battle Spot.  A full 24 hours of a ladder for battling to increase your rating as high as possible against randomized opponents, up until the battle limit set by the creator.

So this may not be the most ideal situation.

• Like 1

If we have an initial pool that's not big, maybe each win could be best 2 out of 3 rather than a single match.

Edited by \

On 5/6/2017 at 2:05 AM, \ said:

If we have an initial pool that's not big, maybe each win could be best 2 out of 3 rather than a single match.

That could work... Just I dunno if there's enough interest for it still...

Well, I'm interested if it's gen 6 since gen 7 has a lack of Mega support. I *could* trade for some gen 7 mons and throw together another rag-tag team. But I don't know half the new moves introduced since gen 4. Or any of the gen 7 Pokemon.