SM Lycanroc Midnight Event

I've been curious about the OT of that Midnight Lycanroc being Rocky because there's apparently an in-game sidequest that I've never come across to in-game and it's about an NPC's Rockruff nicknamed Rocky that goes missing. Is it unused or something I missed out on?

Spoiler

Text File : 445
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hurry! You’ve got to find it! Oh my precious little Rocky!!!
I’ve never even heard of a Rockruff getting lost! Everyone says that they’re clever enough to sniff out their Trainers and return to them...
That’s why I’ve been saying that he was kidnapped! Pokénapped! Whatever! I was just a little distracted while shopping... and someone must have taken advantage of that moment to steal my little Rocky! It is simply too adorable! That’s why! It must have been stolen from me by someone!
Well, I wouldn’t say it MUST be that... There could’ve been an accident... or it could be lost or could have run away...
Ex-CUSE me?! Run away?! My little Rocky?! Never in a million years!!!
Well, it certainly is missing. We don’t refute that. So the question is what to do next...
Pardon the intrusion. Captain Ilima here![VAR 0114(000C)]
Wuff!
Oh! Captain Ilima! How good of up you stop by. Did you need something from Hau’oli’s finest?
It seems this adorable little Pokémon is looking for its Trainer.[VAR 0114(000C)]
Is it indeed! I see! Then this must be...
Wuff!
Oh! Oh-oh-oh! ROCKY!!!
Wuuuffffff!!
Allow Captain Ilima to explain. I found this little bundle of fur waiting for someone outside the apparel shop for ages.[VAR 0114(000C)]
...Y-you did? Well, yes, I suppose I did tell Rocky to wait outside the shop so that I could focus on my shopping and trying on outfits... and then four hours passed before I knew it. I’d completely forgotten about poor Rocky...
... Ma’am...
Sounds like you had a tough day, Rockruff.[VAR 0114(000C)]
Wuff!
I-I’m so sorry, Rocky! I did it again, didn’t I! I’m a terrible mother!
Wuff!!
I’m so sorry for troubling you all! I made all this fuss and it’s all my fault! Please, I want you to accept this. I hope this whole thing can be our little secret.
W-well, that takes care of that! I think I will absent myself now!
Come, Rocky! I’m going to fix you a veritable feast as my apology for forgetting about you yet again.
Wuuuff!
Looks like that Pokémon’s got more sense in its head than its Trainer has in hers.
There are all kinds of Trainers, just as there are all kinds of Pokémon. I’ll just see myself out now. Good seeing you, [VAR PKNAME(0000)].[VAR 0114(000C)]
Most of my work comes down to finding lost kids or Pokémon, or helping lost tourists. The only thing we never seem to lose in Alola is the peace and quiet! Same goes for today!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Holla! said:

I've been curious about the OT of that Midnight Lycanroc being Rocky because there's apparently an in-game sidequest that I've never come across to in-game and it's about an NPC's Rockruff nicknamed Rocky that goes missing. Is it unused or something I missed out on?

Hide contents

Text File : 445
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hurry! You’ve got to find it! Oh my precious little Rocky!!!
I’ve never even heard of a Rockruff getting lost! Everyone says that they’re clever enough to sniff out their Trainers and return to them...
That’s why I’ve been saying that he was kidnapped! Pokénapped! Whatever! I was just a little distracted while shopping... and someone must have taken advantage of that moment to steal my little Rocky! It is simply too adorable! That’s why! It must have been stolen from me by someone!
Well, I wouldn’t say it MUST be that... There could’ve been an accident... or it could be lost or could have run away...
Ex-CUSE me?! Run away?! My little Rocky?! Never in a million years!!!
Well, it certainly is missing. We don’t refute that. So the question is what to do next...
Pardon the intrusion. Captain Ilima here![VAR 0114(000C)]
Wuff!
Oh! Captain Ilima! How good of up you stop by. Did you need something from Hau’oli’s finest?
It seems this adorable little Pokémon is looking for its Trainer.[VAR 0114(000C)]
Is it indeed! I see! Then this must be...
Wuff!
Oh! Oh-oh-oh! ROCKY!!!
Wuuuffffff!!
Allow Captain Ilima to explain. I found this little bundle of fur waiting for someone outside the apparel shop for ages.[VAR 0114(000C)]
...Y-you did? Well, yes, I suppose I did tell Rocky to wait outside the shop so that I could focus on my shopping and trying on outfits... and then four hours passed before I knew it. I’d completely forgotten about poor Rocky...
... Ma’am...
Sounds like you had a tough day, Rockruff.[VAR 0114(000C)]
Wuff!
I-I’m so sorry, Rocky! I did it again, didn’t I! I’m a terrible mother!
Wuff!!
I’m so sorry for troubling you all! I made all this fuss and it’s all my fault! Please, I want you to accept this. I hope this whole thing can be our little secret.
W-well, that takes care of that! I think I will absent myself now!
Come, Rocky! I’m going to fix you a veritable feast as my apology for forgetting about you yet again.
Wuuuff!
Looks like that Pokémon’s got more sense in its head than its Trainer has in hers.
There are all kinds of Trainers, just as there are all kinds of Pokémon. I’ll just see myself out now. Good seeing you, [VAR PKNAME(0000)].[VAR 0114(000C)]
Most of my work comes down to finding lost kids or Pokémon, or helping lost tourists. The only thing we never seem to lose in Alola is the peace and quiet! Same goes for today!

I've never seen this before!

Has anyone encountered this before?

Tho it doesn't look like Lycanroc triggers it. It's not like the trainer gives us the Pokemon.

wait, could that be leftover from the Demo?

//edit

We know almost for sure this happens on Hau'oli city (melemele),
but I don't remember anything of this sort.

//edit2
Reporting a lost/stolen Pokemon, sounds like something that people do at a Police Post.

Plus this line
"Most of my work comes down to finding lost kids or Pokémon, or helping lost tourists.
The only thing we never seem to lose in Alola is the peace and quiet! Same goes for today!"

Could be a modification of the standard line he says.
Capture2.PNG (by the way, I'm here with the lycanroc. nothing)

1 hour ago, Amateraven said:

Lycanroc event is already out apparently. A friend from eu just traded me.

IMG_2199.JPG

that isn't proof.
Someone could have ripped and kept the unreleased wonder card.

I have access to the server, and it's not even on the Server right now

1 minute ago, coltonsmogon said:

H4x0rs beat us to the event. How sad :(

It's possible the prelease test wonder card may differ from the final actual event.

Im still holding on to the prelease card, and will compare them when it's out.

Just now, theSLAYER said:

It's possible the prelease test wonder card may differ from the final actual event.

Im still holding on to the prelease card, and will compare them when it's out.

The prerelease card should prolly be sent to the unreleased section when the released event's out :P