Extra Shadow Pokemon Quest

jojo12100

Just now, jojo12100 said:

@HaxAras At the top here for example

Hide contents

DSCF4166.thumb.JPG.c46f2a5f68a6c8fd589818e85c6f74a8.JPG

There can possibly have other events.

My memory failed me. I honestly thought they were just up in the corner. Either way, I doubt it though. I've never heard of there being cut promos and if there were any, we'd never be able to know. 

I know I posted this elsewhere but I thought I'd post it again. I purified trigger_death's E-reader mons on my Japanese save I think it was. It maxed out at 51 Pokemon, even when I purified my own Pokemon afterwards. 

1 minute ago, HaxAras said:

My memory failed me. I honestly thought they were just up in the corner. Either way, I doubt it though. I've never heard of there being cut promos and if there were any, we'd never be able to know. 

I know I posted this elsewhere but I thought I'd post it again. I purified trigger_death's E-reader mons on my Japanese save I think it was. It maxed out at 51 Pokemon, even when I purified my own Pokemon afterwards. 

As they planned 67 shadow pokemon, 51 you can catch + 13 we know the existence. That means they are 3 we don't even know yet ^^

10 hours ago, HaxAras said:

I know. I have a video of it as well as I own the actual cards. I have a 100% complete Colosseum collection of E-reader cards. I'm an E-reader enthusiast. 

xVlM8QB.jpg

How many ereader cards are there in total? There are 21 files in game for the ereader data. Does this match up?

• 1 year later...

Found the Trainer ID of Hunter Retay one of the cut trainer, can someone check it with that code in a US version of Colosseum please?

0420DADC 3860016C
0420DAE8 4800000C

Don't know if there is special about him or not, didn't find the others for the moment but who knows maybe they were translated differently?

When I try to force-load this trainer it gave me the team of the first trainer (2 Zigzagoon)  in the game despite she speaks about her Hoondoom burning me.

Is it a hint? Surely ^^

Maybe in the Japanese version ?

HunterRetay.JPG.753640e44bdf4d4209922d54d8f88862.JPGHunterRetay2.JPG.e641f07647537e7906cd2696b15deedc.JPGHunterRetay3.JPG.841fdbe096d6fc2e377084402c921c0f.JPG

Notes that I try with other trainers and they work for the moment.

Edit: E-reader trainers are ID 8,9 and 209. There is no preloaded data which is a news. This can include unreleased E-trainer cards for example.

There are also placeholders from 201  to 20C (except 209 which is an E-reader one). 231 too. Which means 12 cut trainers at least. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Edited by jojo12100

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I had to share you 2 discoveries I made:

-in Colosseum lv48 shadow Typhlosion and shadow Castform pictures from the first trailer

TyphlosionObscur.JPGMorpheoObscur.JPG

-Shadow Ralts and Nosepass were at different level at first in XD according to Bulbapedia and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness: Official Nintendo Player's Guide. If anyone can scan us that and search for more evidences you're welcome.

-Another 2 modified Shadow mons from  Colosseum

ShadowPkm.jpg

-Another one, did you notice something different?

earlyshadow.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Found new evidences of 2 Proto versions of Pokemon Colosseum.

The oldest doesn't show Shadow Pokemon as anything special whereas the newest is just final game with level ajustement.

Proto 1 Colosseum Pics

col35.jpegcol34.jpegcol33.jpeg1066842557_pokcol3.jpgcol6.jpegProto1.JPGcol11.jpeg

-Proto 2 (newest version)

pkcogc022.jpgszenario7.jpgszenario6.jpgszenario10.jpg

If you're interested you can help us by contributing scans of Colosseum from Dengeki GC Magazine or Nintendo Dream Magazine.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Thanks to @StarsMmd we have now the full list of all cut Shadow pokemon from Colosseum: Spoink, Psyduck, Baltoy, Mightyena, Castform, Roselia, Chimecho, Minum, Teddiursa, Corphish, Whishcash, Porygon2, Wailmer, Breloom, Lunatone, Solrock, Electrode, Snorunt, Spheal, Sandslash, Magikarp, Kecleon, Xatu, Wobbuffet.

Hope we'll get at least the cut list from XD one day

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 7:46 PM, jojo12100 said:

Thanks to @StarsMmd we have now the full list of all cut Shadow pokemon from Colosseum: Spoink, Psyduck, Baltoy, Mightyena, Castform, Roselia, Chimecho, Minum, Teddiursa, Corphish, Whishcash, Porygon2, Wailmer, Breloom, Lunatone, Solrock, Electrode, Snorunt, Spheal, Sandslash, Magikarp, Kecleon, Xatu, Wobbuffet.

Hope we'll get at least the cut list from XD one day

Btw I've been helping someone look into some e-reader stuff recently. Discovered quite a lot about how they work. If you're interested in chatting with us you can join my discord server here

I find it quite ironic that this topic got bumped up as I just got a Japanese e-reader plus specifically for this game. I just need some glossy printer paper to help print out the dotcodes and I'm golden.

...except I can't find the dumps for the two promotional trainer cards anywhere. If anyone knows where I can find them it'll save me the trouble of hunting them down.

That's not why I came here though. Someone's been making Action Replay codes that gives certain trainers shadow Pokemon. Even though I'm sure they're 100% fake, there's a code out there that makes it so a trainer has a shadow Castform. Take it with a grain of salt, but I think there's something to look into with these.

Secondly, I need someone to find the source of this piece of information from Bulbapedia's article on Colosseum's Double Battle e cards:

• In the internal files for Pokémon Colosseum, there is data for an unreleased 21st battle card that was never distributed. The battle would occur against Team Snagem Goku.

I haven't seen any other source to help confirm this. I know that the data exists, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

• 3 months later...
On 8/30/2021 at 1:44 AM, SwagKey said:

I find it quite ironic that this topic got bumped up as I just got a Japanese e-reader plus specifically for this game. I just need some glossy printer paper to help print out the dotcodes and I'm golden.

...except I can't find the dumps for the two promotional trainer cards anywhere. If anyone knows where I can find them it'll save me the trouble of hunting them down.

That's not why I came here though. Someone's been making Action Replay codes that gives certain trainers shadow Pokemon. Even though I'm sure they're 100% fake, there's a code out there that makes it so a trainer has a shadow Castform. Take it with a grain of salt, but I think there's something to look into with these.

Secondly, I need someone to find the source of this piece of information from Bulbapedia's article on Colosseum's Double Battle e cards:

• In the internal files for Pokémon Colosseum, there is data for an unreleased 21st battle card that was never distributed. The battle would occur against Team Snagem Goku.

I haven't seen any other source to help confirm this. I know that the data exists, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

Tagging @jojo12100 as well.

So I was recently able to recreate the code for encoding/decoding ereader cards which allows us to see the actual trainer and pokemon data very clearly and I was able to dump the data from all the officially released cards.

Next I looked into those 21 cards that can be found in the colosseum ROM (contained in menu_carde.fsys) but the format for them is slightly different, the format must have changed a little by the end of development. This means, in their current form they didn't work with my code, nor do they work if you force load them into the game for the game to decode. Whoever said the thing about the 21st card containing "Team Snagem Goku" is probably making it up.

However, I was finally able to decode those cards yesterday. It required a couple of small changes to the decoder which I was able to figure out with a little trial and error. I've dumped the data from all 21 cards but there's nothing super interesting on them unfortunately. They're all test data that was automatically generated by an algorithm; they were not in any way designed or intended as game content. They were only for the purpose of testing the ereader functionality and are unrelated to the officially released cards. 

In case anyone is curious anyway, most of the cards contain data for shadow makuhita, misdreavus and spoink with shadow ids 69, 70 and 71 respectively. The last card has data for shadow regirock, rayquaza and deoxys but only because the algorithm filled the cards in pokedex order and those pokemon happened to land on the shadow slots on the last card.

@StarsMmd Amazing discovery, maybe we'll be able to get Shadow Spoink at least.

In fact I suppose the 21st card to be used for promo cards (2 were released only in Japan).

Note that Shadow Scizor/Togepi/Mareep were not in the cards but with a mini event once you finished the battles.

In order to get the missing Shadow mons I only see 2 ways:

-get a beta version of the game which must exist somewhere according to the early build videos found

-force the Shadow to appear with E-reader card (however my experience with Shadow Loudred taught me that you still need the Shadow ID in order to correctly purify it).

Let @StarsMmd tell us what did he found with Shadow Spoink.