Jump to content

HELP! - Invalid Pokemon in PKHex


TickleMeChad
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone, I just updated my PK Hex to the latest version and apparently some of my mons are invalid with the following reasons, how do I fix this? Ive never seen these issues before.

1. Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from origin game.

2. Invalid: PID-Nature mismatch.

3. Invalid: PID should be equal to EC [with top bit flipped]!

 

Please help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/4/2017 at 9:24 PM, TickleMeChad said:

Hey everyone, I just updated my PK Hex to the latest version and apparently some of my mons are invalid with the following reasons, how do I fix this? Ive never seen these issues before.

1. Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from origin game.

2. Invalid: PID-Nature mismatch.

3. Invalid: PID should be equal to EC [with top bit flipped]!

 

Please help!

I had some of this too. I just kept resetting the PID until the error disappeared. Some clics may be needed to get it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/04/2017 at 3:24 AM, TickleMeChad said:

Hey everyone, I just updated my PK Hex to the latest version and apparently some of my mons are invalid with the following reasons, how do I fix this? Ive never seen these issues before.

1. Invalid: Unable to match an encounter from origin game.

2. Invalid: PID-Nature mismatch.

3. Invalid: PID should be equal to EC [with top bit flipped]!

 

Please help!

sounds like you tried to hack a shiny Pokemon, and failed at doing so?

The errors kind of tell you what's your problem:

  1. Whatever "original game" you indicated it to be from, there's no legitimate encounter details from it.
    (maybe you didn't indicate it was an egg?).
     
  2. In Older generation games, the PID value and Nature are tied
     
  3. There are two parts here:
    1. When Pokemon are imported using Pokemon Bank, their PID value is cloned to their EC (so EC = PID)
    2.  Gen 3 onwards, Shiny calculation formula is the same across all generations, with the original the probability of 8/65536.
      This means 8 PIDs against your TID/SID combo will result in shininess.

      This was later expanded to
      16/65536 in gen 6, meaning 8 More Pids can be shiny. (let's call this new-s-PID)

      To prevent non-shiny PIDs from older games becoming shiny pids when transferred using Pokemon Bank,
      the top bit flipped on the PID
    hence, the error means:
    a. you tried to make a shiny from a Pokemon originating in a old game, but you are using a new-s-PID, so it appears invalid or
    b. you are trying to make a non-shiny pokemon from a old game, but EC = PID, and you didn't flip the top bit.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, Zang Caesar said:

Don't worry about that. Trust me those are still legal: they will pass through online trades (Link Trade, GTS, Wonder Trade) and even in online battles. I PKHEX too and I just ignore them when are persistently appearing.

They're not legal; it's just that Nintendo/GameFreak has bad hack checks, and doesn't check it.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Zang Caesar said:

Maybe not legit, but still legal.

Seriously No, that's not how it works.

Legit refers to obtained via normal gameplay, without aid from external devices.  

Legal can refer to hacking a Pokemon, to appear as tho it is received via normal gameplay.

if it fails the checks as we described, it means it isn't obtained via normal gameplay, hence not legal.

For example PID-IV-nature correlation is a thing in Gen 3 and 4, and how it is derived is based on the deep understanding of the RNG system, and how it transfers relevant values to Pokemon stats. 
and if your pokemon's PID doesn't correlate, it means it wasn't captured in game and it's a bad hack, hence not legal.

indeed, GameFreak may not care for it, and it might transfer up. But if you traded it to another person who can view the files, they'll know it's hacked, simply because the stats don't correlate correctly.

I know you mean good, and you just wanna let OP know it's transferable and might not be too big a deal for personal gameplay, but please don't spread incorrect information :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/21/2017 at 7:07 PM, theSLAYER said:

Seriously No, that's not how it works.

Legit refers to obtained via normal gameplay, without aid from external devices.  

Legal can refer to hacking a Pokemon, to appear as tho it is received via normal gameplay.

if it fails the checks as we described, it means it isn't obtained via normal gameplay, hence not legal.

For example PID-IV-nature correlation is a thing in Gen 3 and 4, and how it is derived is based on the deep understanding of the RNG system, and how it transfers relevant values to Pokemon stats. 
and if your pokemon's PID doesn't correlate, it means it wasn't captured in game and it's a bad hack, hence not legal.

indeed, GameFreak may not care for it, and it might transfer up. But if you traded it to another person who can view the files, they'll know it's hacked, simply because the stats don't correlate correctly.

I know you mean good, and you just wanna let OP know it's transferable and might not be too big a deal for personal gameplay, but please don't spread incorrect information :/

I beg to differ on that.  I've obtained many legitimate Pokemon, such as Bagon using PokeRadar, and that error persists.  Actually, with most Pokeradar Pokemon it has that error, along with shiny legendary Pokemon like Latias and Latios, both static and roaming encounters, in HeartGold and SoulSilver.  Yes, all without cheating or editing in case you ask lol.

Edited by johnsom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, johnsom said:

I beg to differ on that.  I've obtained many legitimate Pokemon, such as Bagon using PokeRadar, and that error persists.  Actually, with most Pokeradar Pokemon it has that error, along with shiny legendary Pokemon like Latias and Latios, both static and roaming encounters, in HeartGold and SoulSilver.  Yes, all without cheating or editing in ocase you ask lol.

Are you replying to the legit/legal definition statement, or what?

My post relates to the premise that, just because it passes online Hack Checks, doesn't mean it's really legal or legit.

Ignoring the recent errors from PKHeX, if you really got any Pokemon that's supposedly legitimate and has errors, upload them for us to see. We'll identify whether it's a bug or something else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2018 at 5:55 PM, theSLAYER said:

Are you replying to the legit/legal definition statement, or what?

My post relates to the premise that, just because it passes online Hack Checks, doesn't mean it's really legal or legit.

Ignoring the recent errors from PKHeX, if you really got any Pokemon that's supposedly legitimate and has errors, upload them for us to see. We'll identify whether it's a bug or something else.

Yes, I was actually referring to what you meant to say was legal/legitimate or not.  I have these three Pokemon to show.  Two are shiny as well, and I've already found out how to fix the errors that they have.

250 ★ - HO-OH - FCBB3BC95539.pk4

249 ★ - LUGIA - 6D383BC95539.pk4

025 - PIKACHU - C87837FFFF7A.pk5

Edited by johnsom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...