[Gen 2] Celebi Tour Celebi

suloku

Hello everyone,

Today I bring you a legit Celebi tour Celebi! This Celebi belongs to @Dr.Matt and he retrieved it back in 2001 in the spanish stop of the Celebi Tour; in fact he provided most of the data for it a year ago, data I posted here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/13226-pokemon-crystal-version-with-pcny-event-pokemon/?do=findComment&comment=196197

This week I was able to finally meet in person with Dr.Matt. He was able to keep his Celebi from battery dying by storing it in his Stadium 2 cartridge and because he owned a Mega Memory Card which allowed him to backup and dump savegames (but not to transfer over to computer), and with that he also was able to keep multiple copies of the Celebi, including an untouched one just as he received from the Celebi Tour Truck. Unfortunately his Mega Memory card glitched long ago and he lost most of his untouched saves, so after changing the battery to his cartridge he had to restore a save that had AR codes used on it to retrieve the celebi from Stadium 2 (he didn't have the time to play trough the game to reach the point in which Stadium 2 allowed him to retrieve the pokémon), which is why instead of dumping his savegame he traded it over to mine (which is completely clean). Data-wise this should have no effect at all, since the AR codes were used BEFORE any transfer or trade took place, and the AR codes were never used in the process of getting the Celebi out of stadium and trading, but that is the reason why it is my savegame which being uploaded and not his. Only real hardware has been used for all the Stadium 2 transfer and trade process, here are some pictures (sorry for the blurry ones, we were in kind of a hurry):

The Celebi as Dr.Matt had in his Stadium 2 (this picture is from a clone he fully trained).
IMG-20170417-WA0001.thumb.jpg.8bb337edeae49d2c3d733b0c7ce81277.jpg

Dr.Matt's authenticity certificate, my laptop and my GBC Cart reader/flasher:
IMG_20170418_102837.thumb.jpg.540d7b8bec10ec0b3402a21d03559785.jpg

Dr.Matt's certificate, his Mega Memory and his Gameboy (sorry for blurryness)
IMG_20170418_104826.thumb.jpg.0492e4bb8d10fb99fe6c0161bea63328.jpg

A close up of the ID number on the certificate. As you can see it's 2234 and the Celebi actually has 02233. Dr.Matt thinks distribution started at ID 00000 but they wrote 1 in the first certificate they gave and they just keept adding numbers.
IMG_20170418_104836.thumb.jpg.cfb186895125599f6af4202d4ec4e2ab.jpg

Some pictures of the actual trade (I brought two gameboys just in case and we used mine which had full batteries):
IMG_20170420_174754.thumb.jpg.63701927a56b11ab97568a2612e3e578.jpgIMG_20170420_174812.thumb.jpg.d19d650d43722587575969b4a0fcfe1e.jpg

The savefile contains both an untouched Celebi as Dr.Matt received in 2001 and the same Celebi at level 100 and EV maxed. As a bonus, I also included the legit EUROPE Mew that can be found here: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/forums/topic/40508-gen-1-europe-mew-denmark-event-mew/
The savegame also contains a full legit gen 2 living dex and unowndex in the boxes if anyone is interested.

Download: Gold_europe_mew_celebi.sav
Note: this is a Spanish Gold savefile, but it will load in any non japanese rom.

All trades have been done using real hardware, no emulators or other means where involved in the process of getting the Celebi out of Stadium 2 until I dumped my savegame.

Thanks to @theSLAYER for making it possible for me to get in contact with Dr.Matt, and lots of thanks to Dr.Matt himself for keeping the Celebi so many years and being so kind to meet with me so we all can enjoy an European Celebi. This had a special personal meaning to me, since I became aware my savegames banished in 2011 and finally re-completing the 251 original pokédex by getting the two exclusive legendaries in person is like reliving that moment in my childhood when I first completed my dexes.

• Like 13
  • Amazed 1

Finally got time for this. Dr.Matt was really kind and since he was given two back at the event, he gifted me with this awesome promotional poster for Pokémon Stadium 2. That day was raining and both his posters (and sadly, the certificate too) got damaged. I've made my best to assemble this as original size is A0 and my scanner's size is a little over A4.

If anyone with enough photoshop skills wants to restore the image, I can send him the 300 mB psd file with the original scans. I tried to find a high quality scan for this poster with no luck (I've seen pictures of the same poster in different languages though).

ps: when he has the time, Dr.Matt said he'll be doing a high quality scan of his certificate (though unfortunately it's damaged, maybe someone with the skills can restore it too).

Poster.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm confident each celebi machine in the truck had a different OT name and that's it. I don't think OT changed with each distribution but... In any case FRANCO, JENS and NICO should have been obtainable in all countries, I don't know what made nintendo elect those names, Fun fact: Franco was the ruling dictator in spain until 1976, but of course that's just a funny coincidence. I know for a fact that FRANCO celebi was also distributed in germany.

Besides distributing celebi in the truck a competition was also held and the winner received a gold cartridge with 20 celebi with CTOUR as OT name. The winner could either keep the cartridge or trade those 20 celebi to 20 different trainers and bring the cart back to nintendo, then they would give the winner a Crystal cartridge. It's worth noting that this crystal cartridge was given a month or two before official release in europe.

EDIT: in this picture you can see the truck had more than one celebi machine: 

Scan_Celebi_tour_transferencia.jpg?cb=20

Edited by suloku
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hola suloku,la verdad que te has currado todo esto y te doy la enhorabuena,no todos los dias se ven cosas asi jejeje.tengo una pregunta para ti,me descargue el sav de celebi,y me gustaria saber que programas necesito para introducir a celebi en mi juego de pokemon oro de la virtual console de nintendo 2 ds,me gustaria que me explicaras todo si no fuera mucha molestia.Muchisimas gracias amigo!

On 11/29/2017 at 10:36 AM, leyenda96 said:

Hola suloku,la verdad que te has currado todo esto y te doy la enhorabuena,no todos los dias se ven cosas asi jejeje.tengo una pregunta para ti,me descargue el sav de celebi,y me gustaria saber que programas necesito para introducir a celebi en mi juego de pokemon oro de la virtual console de nintendo 2 ds,me gustaria que me explicaras todo si no fuera mucha molestia.Muchisimas gracias amigo!

Use PKHex to modify save files. And use JKSM or Checkpoint on 2DS to inject save files.

On 2/12/2017 at 6:08 PM, Sabresite said:

Use PKHex to modify save files. And use JKSM or Checkpoint on 2DS to inject save files.

El que tengo que modificar del save de celebi? no entiendo que quieres decirme con eso,podrias explicarmelo? otra cosa mas: es necesario tener la nintendo 2ds pirateada para hacer esto?

Edited by leyenda96

1 hour ago, leyenda96 said:

El que tengo que modificar del save de celebi? no entiendo que quieres decirme con eso,podrias explicarmelo? otra cosa mas: es necesario tener la nintendo 2ds pirateada para hacer esto?

Sorry I misunderstood your question. To use the celebi file on your VC Gold, start a new game and save, then use JKSM on your 2DS to restore the celebi save file. To use JKSM, you need homebrew channel or custom firmware.

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! Suloku got in contact with me when I talked about the Celebi Tour. Aside from the FRANCO/JENS/NICO Celebi that was given with the machines in the buses of the Celebi Tour, I qualified and took part in the tournament that was held, and they gave to each of the contestants a Spanish Pokemon Silver cartridge with 20 Celebis inside it, with OT CTOUR, along with this letter (I'll see if I can do some HQ scans instead of some shitty photos XD):

rADV2pg.jpg

AFKPF4Y.jpg

We were supposed to give them all to other players in exchange for the specified Pokémon in the letter and send the cart back to Nintendo Europe in a limited amount of time, and if we did it correctly, they would send us a copy of Pokémon Crystal for free (that's how I got my Crystal copy). I stored 3 of those Celebi for my 3 games (Gold, Silver and Crystal), and unfortunately Gold and Silver died a while ago because of the batteries, but I was able to backup the Crystal save. It was originally at level 5, so it being level 60 is because I was playing with it in-game for a while, but it's better than nothing. So, here you are, the CTOUR Celebi!

If you want to insert it in a save file, you'll have to use Pikasav and load it in a free space in a PC box, for some reason it doesn't let me put it directly in the team.

Celebi CTOUR.pkm

Edited by cloud_strife8
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Amazed 1

1 hour ago, Sabresite said:

Wow, thank you for sharing!
I have a question, how come the Celebi says it is English, and not Spanish?

Gen 1 and Gen 2 Pokemon files do not have a language byte.

Besides the obvious (JPN, KOR), there's no way to tell international (ENG, FRE, GER, ITA, SPA) files apart, besides from nickname or OT name.
Hence PKHeX will normally default to English, if no unique attributes identified.

Also, the european celebi tour used the same truck across all countries, so the celebi are the same for all europe. I supose they used the proper language version of stadium 2 on the tournament, I've asked cloud_strife8 about the language of the CTOUR celebi cartridge. I recall a person from germany I contacted tellong me his was a german one, so I guess they prepared the carts with the language of the country the tour was in.

I'll post a translation of the letter later this afternoon, it's quite interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@suloku Indeed, my Silver distribution cartridge was in Spanish. When I put it in my Game Boy Color, there was a save file in Cherrygrove, with you facing the PC in the Pokémon Center, and if you went and talked to the old man NPC that is between the yellow seats right away, the text box would appear in the middle of the screen instead of its usual position down, showing strange symbols instead of letters (no, it wasn't Japanese nor Korean in case you're wondering that XD), other than that and the 20 Celebis inside the box, it was a regular Pokémon Silver cartridge.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Just realized I forgot to post the translation of the letter.... here it goes

Pokémon Celebi Tour

I wish this letter isn't any bother for you.

My name is Bill. I'm the person in charge of the Pokémon Center's Pokémon Storage System. We already had the chance to meet at ECRUTEAK CITY. I hope you still remember me. I write this letter because I need your help.

Some days ago, an unknown person sent to my COMPUTER a big amount of Pokémon. After taking a look... I realized it was the legendary Pokémon "CELEBI"!
They came by dozens. My heart was beating a hundred times per hour, my legs were shaking... I was observing CELEBI when, suddenly, I received an electronic mail which said the following:

Dear Bill:

I can't reveal my identity for the time being. I have just sent you my CELEBI that as you might know are legendary Pokémon which existence is doubted by many people. For many reasons I have to find lots of trustworthy Trainers capable of taking care of these CELEBI. I would like to entrust them to you. Could you search for Pokémon Trainers who whish to take care of these CELEBI? I don't know how much time I have left...

Sincerely,
Someone who loves Pokémon

I imagine this person has his reasons. I'm glad to know that CELEBI really exists, but I alone I'm unable of look after so many Pokémon. Also, I can't stop taking care of the Pokémon Storage System. When I read this message, the first person that came to mind was you. I saw the affection you hold for Pokémon when I first met you in the midst of your adventure. During the Pokémon Stadium Tournament, you also showed you pasion for Pokémon, so I'm certain that I can entrust you with these CELEBI.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this might case you, but would you be so kind to help me find the Pokémon Trainers that will take care of these CELEBI? There's a total of 20 CELEBI. Please, deliver these 20 CELEBI to your friends for them to look after them. It's not an easy task, but I would eternally be grateful for your help.

The only way to deliver the CELEBI to your friends is through Pokémon trading. CELEBI is a unique Pokémon. I think a Pokémon as special as this one shouldn't be traded for any pokémon. So I'm attaching a list of the Pokémon it can be traded for. They are the ones following next:

The number of the Pokémon is to the left and the name, to the right.

*LIST OF POKEMON*

I'm thanking you in advance for your help.

August 2001
Bill
Foreman of the Pokémon Storage System

Edited by suloku
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, suloku said:

Just realized I forgot to post the translation of the letter.... here it goes

I appreciate your efforts for this translation!

Also, it reads like a scam e-mail XD

All that is missing is to send $1000 to Bill to validate the transaction, so that he can send the Celebi over ><

• Like 1
  • Hahaha 3

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...