Hyper Training data in Box Report

Strontoria

Is there a way to tell if a pokemon has been Hyper trained from their Box Report data?  I'm using the box report as a data dump and cannot seem to find that information

I understand that the Hyper Training data can be gleaned from the check sum number, HP training adding 1, Attack adding 2 and so one with speed adding 32, so that a non hypertrained pokemon differs in checksum by 63 from a completely hyper trained pokemon.  What I don't understand is what else effects the check sum.  I would prefer not to do a complex formula to figure out the hyper training flags, but I can if that's the only way.

Is there a better way to glean hyper training from the box report info?  It doesn't provide the final stats so I can't compare what they should be to what they are, and it doesn't provide any sort of Hyper Training flag.  Is that a feature that could be added?   I would really like to be able to tell if the pokemon has been hyper trained for not.  

Thanks, that helps a bit.  I have been using a google sheet and pasting in the box report and then formatting the data based off the columns.  I was a bit surprised to learn the box report didn't give me enough information to actually calculate the pokemon's Stats!  Now  my options are to take teh box dump and reformat the spreadsheet to glean all of the information from that, or figure out how to parse the check sum for the data.  I don't like either option.  Figuring out the check sum is gonna require a lot of science, but the box dump will likely take longer to reformat the spreadsheet template.

The box report data seems a little arbitrary in that it includes the contest stats, which aren't even used int he latest game, but neglects to give us enough information to calculate the Pokemon's actual stats stats.  Am I alone in feeling that's strange?

Edit:  I didn't understand what goes on with the box dump.  There is no way I can ask my spreadsheet users to paste that data and no way I'm gonna parse all that in spreadsheet formulas.  I'm definitely gonna have to figure out how to backwards engineer that check sum

Edited by Strontoria

1 minute ago, crown trainer said:

Contest data is probably kept for Pokemon transferred to check if ribbons from older gens are legal. So it doesn't seem all that irrelevant to me

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Interesting.  But isn't that very niche use as compared to figuring out what the pokemon's stats are?  As it stand calculating stats is impossbile using just the box dump data..  (Unless the Pokemon has 31 in every stat making Hyper training irrelevent and impossible).  

Interesting.  But isn't that very niche use as compared to figuring out what the pokemon's stats are?  As it stand calculating stats is impossbile using just the box dump data..  (Unless the Pokemon has 31 in every stat making Hyper training irrelevent and impossible).  

Seeing as the hypertraining is a series of 5 or 6 stats, there's less possibilities for hypertraining. After all, there's contests in RSE, DPPt, ORAS and maybe more (never did anything with contests). I could be making some severe mistakes by now though, as ot's getting pretty late here and I need some sleep

7 minutes ago, crown trainer said:

Seeing as the hypertraining is a series of 5 or 6 stats, there's less possibilities for hypertraining. After all, there's contests in RSE, DPPt, ORAS and maybe more (never did anything with contests). I could be making some severe mistakes by now though, as ot's getting pretty late here and I need some sleep

sure, but with the nature of contest stats and poke-blocks in ORAS it's always either going to be 255 or zero (you're either going to bother to train it or not).  It's also much much easier to look up in game than hyper training, much easier and less time consuming to train onto the Pokemon if they don't already have it, and FAR less of a trade incentive.  I still think that hyper training is of great interest to the vast majority of traders and recorders and that contest stats are only of interest to a small niche group, and that therefor if contest stats merit inclusion then so does Hyper Training.