A Collector's Guide to WC6 & WC7 Language and Region Mayhem

theSLAYER

1 hour ago, AquaTempest said:

do we as a community know if HOME has a way to detect this incongruity?

Based on what I can tell, they probably don't, but they can update that at any time. (if they decide to do it)

1 hour ago, AquaTempest said:

Does it maintain some form of Memory regarding where (and when, because the dates of reception on these Pokemon are very recent)

If you're talking about the mon, I think region data gets wiped, but I can't be sure.
Date of redemption is stored (and shown) on the mons file.

Tho date of redemption doesn't really matter; you can change your 3DS date to whatever date before redeeming the mon, in gen 7.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

If you're talking about the mon, I think region data gets wiped, but I can't be sure.
Date of redemption is stored (and shown) on the mons file.

Tho date of redemption doesn't really matter; you can change your 3DS date to whatever date before redeeming the mon, in gen 7.

Then I guess the question is, based on your understanding of how everything works at this time, since anything with HOME could be subject to change at GF's wim, are these Pokemon probably safe to keep around, or should I just delete them and remake them the right way for added security?

Thank you very much for your assistance, by the way! Your guide itself was very helpful. :)

• 2 weeks later...

How to know if an event's pokemon is exactly a region locked one? I surfed event gallery and there's no much information about it.

And You mentioned the pk's name can be game saved language, except the Ash-Greninja.

Is there any flag in wondercard files tells us if the event is region locked, or the pk's name should be displayed the same as Wondercard Language?

36 minutes ago, sunao said:

How to know if an event's pokemon is exactly a region locked one? I surfed event gallery and there's no much information about it.

The wonder card itself doesn't hold region locked information.

However, whether a wonder card is region locked, depends on how it was distributed.

For example, if it's a Japanese serial code, unless the distributor didn't specifically state that it can be used on other devices, it is typically locked to JP 3DS only.

I've laid information bare on the first post saying what type of distribution (serial code, nintendo network etc) is or isn't region locked.

36 minutes ago, sunao said:

Is there any flag in wondercard files tells us if the event is region locked, or the pk's name should be displayed the same as Wondercard Language?

It sounds like you're confused between region and language. I suggest you reread the first post properly again.
There is a Tapu Koko example that specifically shows that a Japanese region locked event CAN have the English nickname/English language tag.

A region locked wonder card can have the nickname in any language, unless specifically noted.

Given that ALL gen 6 and 7 games allow you to launch the retail game in any language, you 3DS can be region locked, but the mon can have any language.

It's like playing on a JP 3DS but having an English language save.
Without hacking, you can't change a device's region too. Thus, it is stored as JP save, with ENG language.

There are a few cards where the language tag is set, or the nickname is set, and that information is on the summary.

Ok I've read through the entire post, please correct me if I'm wrong, but I did those steps:

1. One clean EU 3ds and one CFW (region set to EU), Two copies of the game (sun and moon)
2. I put moon game into clean 3ds, dumped sun save, and changed in pkhex, changed language to japan, also set region to japan and subregion to Tokyo. I did nothing on console side so it's still EU. 

3. Put some japanese wonder cards, saved, moved save back to console

4. Got the mons with JAP mark and jap names, didn't check the region

5. traded over to clean game

Are the pokemons legal now? can I move them to home or i need to repeat step 2 and change console region to J ?

Edited by BurningSerpent

29 minutes ago, BurningSerpent said:

changed language to japan

for the record, this isn't required. If this is your preference, then so be it.

Got the mons with JAP mark and jap names, didn't check the region

The fact that you posted this makes me doubt that you read the post, nor understood the contents. The JPN mark isn't necessary.

Also:

1. One clean EU 3ds and one CFW (region set to EU)...

also set region to japan and subregion to Tokyo....

3. Put some japanese wonder cards, saved, moved save back to console

doesn't help. As long as you don't have a JP 3DS, the save immediately changes the region on boot, even if you changed the region before loading it.

Thus, any mons you redeemed would have EU region (based on the method you described).

Why don't you just inject the wonder cards, redeem them (ignoring region), then using PKHeX to fix their region, as per how they were distributed?

7 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Why don't you just inject the wonder cards, redeem them (ignoring region), then using PKHeX to fix their region, as per how they were distributed?

I wanted everything to be generated by the game itself but it seems I have no choice but to do that. I wanted jap mark and jap name so they look like traded from actual japan game on japanese 3ds. 

So basically after getting all the pokemons I just need to change their residence to Japan in PKHeX and after that trade them over to clean game?

Just now, BurningSerpent said:

I wanted everything to be generated by the game itself but it seems I have no choice but to do that

Luma3DS has a way to spoof region changing for games (more on the github), so maybe go with that?

1 minute ago, BurningSerpent said:

I wanted jap mark and jap name so they look like traded from actual japan game on japanese 3ds. 

you know that a Japanese person in Japan on their Japan 3DS could have started their game in any other language (let's say English), and while the wonder card may have Japanese receiving text, most cards follow the game save's language, thus would also have the nickname in English, right?

2 minutes ago, BurningSerpent said:

So basically after getting all the pokemons I just need to change their residence to Japan in PKHeX and after that trade them over to clean game?

Pretty sure residence data is wiped in Gen 7. But for Gen 6, yeah, sound about right.

17 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

you know that a Japanese person in Japan on their Japan 3DS could have started their game in any other language (let's say English), and while the wonder card may have Japanese receiving text, most cards follow the game save's language, thus would also have the nickname in English, right?

yes I am well aware :) Just want it to be coherent so i know what event it's from just by looking at the name

Thanks for all the answers. I will check this region spoofing first :) If not I'll just change residence data

• 2 months later...

I'm assuming you're looking at one of my older WC6 trackers.

16 hours ago, Makein said:

What does mean Nill, R, F, M, etc?

Genderless, Random, Female, Male

ENG means WC was for EUR and USA same?

Same card for USA and EUR. So categorization is based on language, not region.

I don't understand table fully...

If you're not looking to contribute events, nor to maintain our files (not that you have the rights to that), there's no real need for you to understand it.

What pokemons can be injected as legit WC on EUR English game?

There's no such thing as "injecting legit wc".
Did you mean legal? Well, depends on the region of the event. Read the first post of this thread.

Interested in OR, Y, UM

Need help...

This is not a thread for people to ask for help relating injections.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm sorry to dig up an old thread, especially given that my question is very simple and probably stupid, but I am still unsure.

I have a European DS, and I'm Spanish and live in Spain, where I also would've (theoretically) downloaded the Wi-Fi event, but my save file is in English... Do I - for Wi-Fi events - download the English or the Spanish files from the event gallery? 

Edited by Wingadinga

3 minutes ago, Wingadinga said:

I'm sorry to dig up an old thread, especially given that my question is very simple and probably stupid, but I am still unsure.

I have a European DS, and I'm Spanish and live in Spain, where I also would've (theoretically) downloaded the Wi-Fi event, but my save file is in English... Do I - for Wi-Fi events - download the English or the Spanish files from the event gallery? 

download the ones that match your save file language. What matters isn't your language as a person, but the language of your game.

As a matter of fact, you could speak any language, and play the game in any other language. The factors are the region of your console, and the subsequently the language of your game save.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

download the ones that match your save file language. What matters isn't your language as a person, but the language of your game.

As a matter of fact, you could speak any language, and play the game in any other language. The factors are the region of your console, and the subsequently the language of your game save.

Haha, well I did know that, I just wasn't sure if the files correspond to save file or the region where you're accessing the internet from. My train of thought was if I download a file in Spain, then the Nintendo servers would give me a Spanish file, even if my game is in English, because I'm... requesting their file from Spain.

But so, for me, even when I access Wi-Fi in Spain, I should pick the English files because my save is in English, yes?

Edited by Wingadinga

9 hours ago, Wingadinga said:

Haha, well I did know that, I just wasn't sure if the files correspond to save file or the region where you're accessing the internet from. My train of thought was if I download a file in Spain, then the Nintendo servers would give me a Spanish file, even if my game is in English, because I'm... requesting their file from Spain.

But so, for me, even when I access Wi-Fi in Spain, I should pick the English files because my save is in English, yes?

There was an image that would show region and language but it appears to be gone right now.

For Region locked events (mainly serial code/nintendo network):
EU Console -
Languages that can follow game save language: ENG, FRE, GER, ITA, SPA
If game save language ain't one of the above: Default to ENG gift.

edit: I added the image into the first post.

• Like 1

On 4/27/2021 at 1:46 AM, theSLAYER said:

There was an image that would show region and language but it appears to be gone right now.

For Region locked events (mainly serial code/nintendo network):
EU Console -
Languages that can follow game save language: ENG, FRE, GER, ITA, SPA
If game save language ain't one of the above: Default to ENG gift.

edit: I added the image into the first post.

Thank you very much. 

I have two more questions concerning this topic, if that's okay: For one, because I *thought* that the file should match the region you're accessing the internet (and thus, the event) from, I injected Spanish events into my ENG language save file. They still came out English anyways. Do you know if there's a difference in this and an ENG file Pokemon?

And this is mostly because it relates to injected mystery gift, I'm sorry if this is not allowed to ask here, just ignore it if it is: Since the date is stuck on whatever the original WC had (say, Steven's beldum on the first of february 2015) but I'll receive it on a different day, I imagine it's possible for the seed's IV/Nature to not match any possible seeds for the WC date. Can I just change the Pokemon's date received in PkHex to match the date my system was set to, and make it more "natural"?

10 minutes ago, Wingadinga said:

I have two more questions concerning this topic, if that's okay: For one, because I *thought* that the file should match the region you're accessing the internet (and thus, the event) from, I injected Spanish events into my ENG language save file. They still came out English anyways. Do you know if there's a difference in this and an ENG file Pokemon?

I'm confused.

Are you saying the mon came out English, despite you injecting a Spanish file?

If so, well, most events have their mon follow the game save's language.
Tho it may be noticeable that it's incorrect, if you judge by it's OT (depending if it has a language variant OT)

In any case, you should know which events you gotta inject at this point.

12 minutes ago, Wingadinga said:

And this is mostly because it relates to injected mystery gift, I'm sorry if this is not allowed to ask here, just ignore it if it is: Since the date is stuck on whatever the original WC had (say, Steven's beldum on the first of february 2015) but I'll receive it on a different day, I imagine it's possible for the seed's IV/Nature to not match any possible seeds for the WC date. Can I just change the Pokemon's date received in PkHex to match the date my system was set to, and make it more "natural"?

Ignore the whole IVs and Seeds thing.

And ignore changing the mon's date. when you receive an event normally, it follows your 3DS date. But you 3DS could be set to almost any date within reason.
Therefore the date doesn't really matter in legality (within reason). So do whatever you want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I'm confused.

Are you saying the mon came out English, despite you injecting a Spanish file?

If so, well, most events have their mon follow the game save's language.
Tho it may be noticeable that it's incorrect, if you judge by it's OT (depending if it has a language variant OT)

In any case, you should know which events you gotta inject at this point.

Yes, that's what happened. I do know now that I need the English ones, so thank you, that bit was just a bit strange to me so I thought about asking. 

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

And ignore changing the mon's date. when you receive an event normally, it follows your 3DS date. But you 3DS could be set to almost any date within reason.
Therefore the date doesn't really matter in legality (within reason). So do whatever you want.

This is confusing me a bit. Aren't IV/Nature related to the seeds, and the seeds are (at least partially) determined by date and time on your 3DS? So even if I have a completely wrong date set on my 3DS, it would still be a mon that corresponds to that wrong date, no? So if I keep the stuck date from the injected events, wouldn't that be wrong?

Or is the date just stuck there cause of the day you receive the wondercard, and the actual mon's data like nature and IV are then individually determined by the seed when you *actually* physically pick it up in-game?

15 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

yes but sufficiently random. Don't need to fuss about it.

Gotcha, fair enough, thank you. 

One absolute final question on this subject:

You mentioned language-specific OTs. Should the OT then also match the save file language, or the region of the device/access of internet? Like, if I downloaded an event on my english save file while accessing the Nintendo servers from Spain, would it give me an English Pokemon WITH the English-specific OT, or would it give me an English Pokemon with the Spanish-specific OT?

Apologies for the many questions, this one just wasn't very easy to understand for sure for me.

Edited by Wingadinga

On 4/28/2021 at 11:36 PM, Wingadinga said:

Gotcha, fair enough, thank you. 

One absolute final question on this subject:

You mentioned language-specific OTs. Should the OT then also match the save file language, or the region of the device/access of internet? Like, if I downloaded an event on my english save file while accessing the Nintendo servers from Spain, would it give me an English Pokemon WITH the English-specific OT, or would it give me an English Pokemon with the Spanish-specific OT?

Apologies for the many questions, this one just wasn't very easy to understand for sure for me.

Let's think about it in terms of receiving it on an unedited save file.

Your 3DS region is Europe, and language of save is English. Country does not matter.
As such, you can only receive English Wonder cards, in terms of Serial Code or Nintendo Network (region locked stuff basically).
With that in mind, it means you get English specific OTs (because you can't receive other language variants of the same event).

To pose the statement as a rhetorical question: how would you go about receive Spanish specific OTs, when you can't receive Spanish language'd wonder cards, hmm?

[reminder: I'm talking about region locked events here. region free events usually only distribute in only 1 language, and you can receive it as-is]

• 11 months later...

Dear Slayer

Sorry to revive this thread but I think it is better to continue the conversation here

God only knows that I have spent HOURS studying this post between my lack of experience and my bad English lol, I want to be brief, I have injected a event (wihout WonderCard) in my game and I have modified the following data indicated in red to make the game believe that this JAP event Diancie [0131 ORAS - ポケセン (PokeCen) Shiny Diancie (JPN).] Got it my friend from Japan, he came to Spain and exchanged it to my 3ds with EU region, would it be correct as I have done? I have left empty the "Residence" section.
I think this is the only way I have to acquire these events in my region...
If you tell me something is wrong I will just dedicate myself to inject my cartridge the events in my region in (SPA) my head hurts from going around so much😖

Really, thanks a lot for dedicating your time, it means a lot to me.

QUESTION DIANCIE JAP.png

7 hours ago, DaseR said:

Dear Slayer

Sorry to revive this thread but I think it is better to continue the conversation here

God only knows that I have spent HOURS studying this post between my lack of experience and my bad English lol, I want to be brief, I have injected a event (wihout WonderCard) in my game and I have modified the following data indicated in red to make the game believe that this JAP event Diancie [0131 ORAS - ポケセン (PokeCen) Shiny Diancie (JPN).] Got it my friend from Japan, he came to Spain and exchanged it to my 3ds with EU region, would it be correct as I have done? I have left empty the "Residence" section.
I think this is the only way I have to acquire these events in my region...
If you tell me something is wrong I will just dedicate myself to inject my cartridge the events in my region in (SPA) my head hurts from going around so much😖

Really, thanks a lot for dedicating your time, it means a lot to me.

QUESTION DIANCIE JAP.png

I think all that is left is for you to update the residence.

In Gen 6, the Residence info is updated on trades.
Other than that what you described seems right :3

• Like 1