A Collector's Guide to WC6 & WC7 Language and Region Mayhem

theSLAYER

7 hours ago, SergioAnibal said:

If I read everything, but my English is not very good, I hope I clarify these doubts, my console is American region, and the Spanish language, I can have in my departure to tapu koko shyni, the pikachus with cap and marshadow?

Thanks in advance

You cannot.  You must have a 3DS from Japan region, not Americas.

Hello, this is my first post here. Im sorry for the ignorance, i´ve read every post on this thread and I just want to see if I get all of it.

I have an american 3ds with USA as country and ENG as language, according to what I read; its not possible to have a shiny Tapu Koko right because of the wonder card region (locked)?  

Now, I've already played with this pokemon on the battle spot online. What should I do, should I release him or what? 

Thanks in advance for the answers.

Pd, My Koko is the JAP version that i downloaded from this site. 

Edited by Sebasyl1987

Thank you for the answer! Really appreciate it.

I have another question? What is the thing that you're referring as Wonder Card? I try to google it and look how to delete it and didn't get how to do it. 

I mean, im new to the use of pkhex and when I use it, for example with the Koko, the only thing that i did, was to drag the file to a slot on one of my boxes. So where is the wonder card to delete? 

Sorry if my english is kind of mess up, is not my first language. 

Thanks again for the help!

Oh and another question, again sorry for this, but the events that are here on this gallery that are from another generation, has to go to that game and then transfer or i just can drag them to my Moon file? 

Edited by Sebasyl1987

13 minutes ago, Sebasyl1987 said:

What is the thing that you're referring as Wonder Card?

Erm, the events you receive, are literally called wonder card.

(as seen below)

cap1.PNG.4469e8be1973f4ac124f947e1f8fe1d

We back up the files, usually as wc7 or wc7full. It's importable using PKHeX

14 minutes ago, Sebasyl1987 said:

I try to google it and look how to delete it and didn't get how to do it.

Can delete if from your Mystery Gift > Card Album option,
or using PKHeX.

15 minutes ago, Sebasyl1987 said:

the only thing that i did, was to drag the file to a slot on one of my boxes. So where is the wonder card to delete?

Oh, in that case you didn't import it as per normally, so there's nothing to delete.

Here's how to import it, as though you received it:
https://projectpokemon.org/forums/guides/save-editing/importing-a-wonder-card-with-pkhex-r5/

16 minutes ago, Sebasyl1987 said:

the events that are here on this gallery that are from another generation, has to go to that game and then transfer or i just can drag them to my Moon file? 

I recommend doing transfer as per how it should have been done (receive in ORAS, then send up using Pokebank),
but if you are unable to, drag it to the box as you've done previously. But make sure the region information is correct, etc etc.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I have some questions (may be dumb questions but I'm new at this):

I have a US region 3DS, I'd like to know how do I get Region Locked (e.g: 20th Movie Ash's Pikachu) pokemon using only pkhex?

I was thinking to make it look like a traded pokemon since I don't have a PokeBank account nor a second 3DS console. If it is possible : then, how do I edit a pokemon to look like it was traded using pkhex (let's say: from a JAP region 3DS to a US region 3DS)? Also, my save file is Game Sinced.

35 minutes ago, JoseAbad said:

Hello, I have some questions (may be dumb questions but I'm new at this):

I have a US region 3DS, I'd like to know how do I get Region Locked (e.g: 20th Movie Ash's Pikachu) pokemon using only pkhex?

I was thinking to make it look like a traded pokemon since I don't have a PokeBank account nor a second 3DS console. If it is possible : then, how do I edit a pokemon to look like it was traded using pkhex (let's say: from a JAP region 3DS to a US region 3DS)? Also, my save file is Game Sinced.

Since most event Mons have event OTs themselves, they always act as traded Pokémon, and thus, they will look the same regardless of whether they're in the console they were received or not. You can freely insert a japanese-locked event Mon on a party/box slot on your american console, but you've gotta make sure the Wonder Card itself is not among the ones you've received.

[EDIT]
Forgot but one thing:
image.png.f80b49a861ef8a5f54abe226f25a844d.png
Just to make things safer, you should edit this. Make the Pokémon look like it has resided in Japan.

Edited by Ruby Genseki
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

@JoseAbad I can't say for sure if residence is updated during trades, (I've been wanting to test it but been busy)
but everything else @Ruby Genseki said is correct.

Since your game save is game synced,
You'll probably want to update the stats (only increase), like Times Saved, Pokemon Caught, Link Trades etc.
Not entirely necessary. Only if you're extremely paranoid.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I can't say for sure if residence is updated during trades, (I've been wanting to test it but been busy)

Actually, I'm a bit dobutful as well. I know the residence data was updated in gen 6, so I just assumed that'd be the case in gen 7 as well

4 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Actually, I'm a bit dobutful as well. I know the residence data was updated in gen 6, so I just assumed that'd be the case in gen 7 as well

Yeah, It would be updated in Gen 6, but Gen 7 kinda stopped using Memories and all that, for the most part.
I recall Pokebank adding Location for Gen 1&2 Pokemon, but that is about it.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Mahoyu said:

What if people just open the wondercard file and put the pokmeon in the pc box, edit it to the correct region, is it considered legal?
( so bypass the fact that you have to retrieve it ingame )

vb.png

should be. It could easily "be banked over" without trading, so nothing wrong with that.
Language of the pokemon doesn't necessarily have to change.

For example, that mew could be received on a Japanese 3DS, playing on a English save.
(remember, you can start the game in any language)

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

should be. It could easily "be banked over" without trading, so nothing wrong with that.
Language of the pokemon doesn't necessarily have to change.

For example, that mew could be received on a Japanese 3DS, playing on a English save.
(remember, you can start the game in any language)

Thanks for clarifying:)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • theSLAYER changed the title to A Collector's Guide to WC6 & WC7 Language and Region Mayhem
  • 8 months later...
3 minutes ago, angelus kun said:

so, its more easy download all events from your region, pick all of them and then sync?

then sync? what sync you referring to, game sync?

In any case, I won't say it's as simple as that (not that I'm entirely sure what you're referring to).
Basically, if you're worried about Legality, take note of what event is or isn't region free, and what language options for the wonder card is possible for that event.

There's no clear cut 100% accurate one liner answer, hence why the first post even exists.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

then sync? what sync you referring to, game sync?

In any case, I won't say it's as simple as that (not that I'm entirely sure what you're referring to).
Basically, if you're worried about Legality, take note of what event is or isn't region free, and what language options for the wonder card is possible for that event.

There's no clear cut 100% accurate one liner answer, hence why the first post even exists.

my game dosent have sync id yet but i want to have one, but all my wonder cards (from US) have today's date hahaah i double check the region card and its corect but, i have all for example wallmart mystery gifs pre purchase mystery gifs etc hahaha but all of them are for my 3ds region so, i dont think i will be banned (?

1 minute ago, angelus kun said:

my game dosent have sync id yet but i want to have one, but all my wonder cards (from US) have today's date hahaah i double check the region card and its corect but, i have all for example wallmart mystery gifs pre purchase mystery gifs etc hahaha but all of them are for my 3ds region so, i dont think i will be banned (?

Presently, it doesn't appear they don't check wonder card on saves, but who knows when they'll decide to.

Not just the region has to be correct, but the language has to be correct as well.

In any case, it's at your own risk.

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Presently, it doesn't appear they don't check wonder card on saves, but who knows when they'll decide to.

Not just the region has to be correct, but the language has to be correct as well.

In any case, it's at your own risk.

hum my game is in spanish  sadly i never played UM snice now 2 weeks ago its brand new 

2 minutes ago, angelus kun said:

hum my game is in spanish  sadly i never played UM snice now 2 weeks ago its brand new 

Well, what I can say is follow the table.

If US/NA Serial code or Nintendo Network event, use SPA wonder card. If Infrared/Local Wireless, follow whatever requirements listed on the wonder card page.
Also make sure you used gifts that can be received on USUM. SM only gifts are an obvious no-go.

Anything else, use your own judgment based on whatever been said here or on first post.

Also, wonder card dates are based on 3DS date, so it isn't really an issue.
(one can change their 3DS' date to an unrealistic date before receiving the event. It does garner suspicion, though)

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Well, what I can say is follow the table.

If US/NA Serial code or Nintendo Network event, use SPA wonder card. If Infrared/Local Wireless, follow whatever requirements listed on the wonder card page.
Also make sure you used gifts that can be received on USUM. SM only gifts are an obvious no-go.

Anything else, use your own judgment based on whatever been said here or on first post.

okay thank you so much :)

• 7 months later...

I'm sorry to dig up an old grave by posting a response here, but I have a question regarding region legality. I have a US CFW 3DS on which I have injected several Gen 6 and 7 Wonder Cards. Most of these cards are US or Region-Free, but a few are JPN, and I didn't have the sense to notice that at the time. Notably, I have injected the Gen 7 shiny Necrozma, Groudon, and Kyogre events exclusive to JPN and the Evil Bosses lines found in both Gen 6 and 7. I have since transferred those Pokemon through Bank to HOME.

I understand these Pokemon were illegal in Gen 6 and 7, because their distribution region did not match my 3ds region. My question is this: do we as a community know if HOME has a way to detect this incongruity? Does it maintain some form of Memory regarding where (and when, because the dates of reception on these Pokemon are very recent) they were received? Should I trash them and try to reinject these events while having my 3DS simulate being a JPN-region one? I am not sure at this time how to go about that, but I am fairly certain I read that Luma can emulate different console regions.

Thank you so much for your assistance and time! Again, sorry about bringing to life a dead thread. I can, if it would be preferred, delete this post and place it as a new topic altogether.

Edit: Rather than simulate being JPN-region, I would just change the info to make the Pokemon appear as if they were traded. Reading over everything from the original Tapu Koko thread to all of these comments again, I understand that now. But my original questions are more or less unchanged: should I delete the Pokemon I already messed up and moved to HOME, starting fresh, or does HOME not keep track of where the Pokemon was received as a Hidden Value?

Edited by AquaTempest