Suggestions- HoF Editor and RTC edtior for older games

ThisIsDaAccount

These are 2 suggestions I have for new PKHeX features. The first is simple, a Hall of Fame editor similar to the one for 3DS games but usable with older games. I thought of this when I wanted to open the Hall of Fame data for FireRed. 

The other one is arguably more important. The GBA games' files hold a value that measures the difference between the raw RTC setting for when the save file was started and the time the game was set to by the player at the beginning. The issue with this is that, when real cartridges have their battery replaced, the RTC value no longer allows for a proper description of actual time. By fixing the RTC value and reflashing a save, a battery-placed game would function normally again and actually be able to correctly represent real-world time.

The berry glitch fix by nintendo advances the RTC in the cartridge, so if that's what he's after emulators won't work (emulators should use the computer time for RTC, way past 2002, so the berry glitch should never occur on emulator without deliverately having wrong date on the computer).

But I think he is more concerned about the fact that changing the battery on a real cartridge resets the RTC clock to it's initial time gets back to 01/01/2000 00:00:00, which will need real time to pass until it reaches the save timestamp, so if the battery died on 2007 and you happened to save on 2007 you'd need 7 years after replacing the battery.

Maybe using an emulator with the date set at 01/01/2000 00:00:00 would also work. In any case the offset for Ruby/Sapphire is known, and finding the one for emerald shouldn't be difficult:

0x00A0 - Save Timestamp (5 bytes) - 
         The format is 1 byte per value:
         DD, H, M, S - with DD being a 16-bit value.
         None of these are BCD, they're just integers.

Note: I think that the DD refers to "Days passed since 01/01/2000 00:00:00"

Changing the save timestamp to zero would be a way to solve it, but it would be better to change the RTC in the cartridge because after 366 you'll suffer the normal berry glitch: http://furlocks-forest.net/wiki/?page=Pokemon_Ruby%2FSapphire_New_Battery_Glitch

I'm pretty sure someone made a NDS port not long ago, let's see if I can find it... edit: found it

ps: I assume you can run homebrew with a GBA or NDS because otherwise op wouldn't be concerned about the cartridge and the glitch