On 1/10/2018 at 7:41 PM, St. GIGA said:

Yes, it does exist, same method as USA, it is also a Multigame Demo Disc

I know what it is, just last I heard the iso couldn't be found online.

Edited by Deoxyz

41 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

Firstly pikachu has an MB, I was wrong, and 2, the bonus disc for BGF zigzagoon from Japan is dumped.

Wow! That's new to me. I'm looking for it for years. Do you have it? The difficulty about this is that the same demo discs (they were monthly releases) were also released as normal demo disc versions and those with BGF Zigzagoon were pretty limited, therefore the ones with it are extremely rare.

Edited by ajxpk

According to Reddit's Ageto Celebi RNG subreddit, you can send Celebi and Pikachu to GBA or GCN.

Edited by St. GIGA

On 1/10/2018 at 8:20 PM, St. GIGA said:

According to Reddit's Ageto Celebi RNG subreddit, you can send Celebi to GBA or GCN.

Interesting, so I guess it just may have a multiboot too...

I know I can find the Japanese Bonus Disc iso, but do we know which file to extract to check for MBs?

Edited by Deoxyz

The BGF discs in Japan may have been specially marked, but YMMV. Yeah, you may have to scout eBay. @InsaneNutter's site may have the disc, and IIRC @HaxAras has one.

Edited by St. GIGA

On 1/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, St. GIGA said:

The discs in Japan may have been specially marked, but YMMV. Yeah, you may have to scout eBay. @InsaneNutter's site may have the disc, and IIRC @HaxAras has one.

We're talking about the JPN Colosseum disc right? Yeah, his site has the iso. And yeah, HaxAras HAD the disc before he got out of pokemon and sold off everything.

I'm more concerned about tracking down the JPN BGF Zigzagoon iso, but I'm personally not buying the disc, because iirc it's very expensive and I rather put money towards GBA distributions. I know at one point HaxAras found someone with this disc who was willing to sell, but that never happened. I think it was someone he was talking to on this site's Discord/IRC.

Edited by Deoxyz

Th

4 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

We're talking about the JPN Colosseum disc right? Yeah, his site has the iso, I can get it easy. And yeah, HaxAras HAD the disc before he got out of pokemon and sold off everything.

I'm more concerned about tracking down the JPN BGF Zigzagoon iso, but I'm personally not buying the disc, because iirc it's expensive and I rather put money towards GBA roms. I know at one point HaxAras found someone with this disc who was willing to sell, but that never happened. I think it was someone he was talking to on this site's Discord/IRC.

I was talking about the BGF zigzagoon disc. I beg of you not to think badly of me for this:  Digiex's "Japan Demo Disc Possibly Close to Finding It".   The intent is not to link to Warez, (slayer edit: then don't link it) but as his site proves, no such disc exists, yes the multigame discs in japan were dumped, but no 2004 demo discs contain BGF zigzagoon. The 2003 discs may have it... that or it was the collector's disc that exists...

End of 2003 and early 2004. But like I said they are versions with it and without. On the other hand no one has ever checked what kind of hidden content might be on these discs... could be that it's switched off but still there? 

@ajxpk Speaking of event verifications, what are they usually, are they rechecks of existing specimens, ram testing, disassembly, or other checks? Or are they NDA verification? Probably it could even be verification with the real distro rom? Like @Purin's and the Jirachi disc? 

Edited by St. GIGA

1 minute ago, ajxpk said:

End of 2003 and early 2004. But like I said they are versions with it and without. On the other hand no one has ever checked what kind of hidden content might be on these discs... could be that it's switched off but still there? 

Maybe ask TCRF and GCL to investigate???

Could check the two Nintendo GameCube Soft e-Catalog 2003 discs. I remember reading that one of those catalog discs (forget which one) had a special Chao download for Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and Sonic Adventure DX.

Edited by Invader TAK
  • Ditto 1

Regarding Ageto Celebi, I looked into it. While the initial Celebi received is added to the Colosseum party as I had originally thought, the remaining 48 are sent directly to a GBA game.

Also found a video:

Spoiler

Sounds and looks like a multiboot to me!

Unfortunately, I can't find any details on Colosseum Pikachu. I guess we'll have to see.

So at the moment, we need to extract pokechan.bin from a EUR Pokemon Channel iso, and whatever file in the JPN Bonus disc that should contain Ageto Celebi, and possibly Colosseum Pikachu. I'm not familiar with extracting files from isos, but I'm looking into tools.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

If you ever going to look for a Japanese demo disc check this out:

月刊任天堂店頭デモ 2004年3月号

IMG_3861.PNG.428d3105191ddbd285be681fac2baa05.PNG

IMG_3862.PNG.1aff8d77507ad7591ca8f430fdc7ae53.PNG

月刊任天堂店頭デモ 2004年3月号 きのみ問題修正版

IMG_3864.PNG.1880026016224e2745ce8b0914d977c3.PNG

IMG_3863.PNG.3830d454df807cf307176ca991074d8f.PNG

Source: https://www63.atwiki.jp/gamecubemania/sp/pages/12.html

Same month, big difference. One has the Berry Fix Program, the other does not. Be aware.

There are two more issues I could confirm:

月刊任天堂店頭デモ2004年1月号 きのみ問題修正版

月刊任天堂店頭デモ2004年2月号 きのみ問題修正版

• Like 1
  • Speechless 1

Just an update, I extracted pokechan.bin and found a GBA header within it. Just need to find the ending offset, with the help of ajxpk. So I guess that's promising...

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

Just an update, I extracted pokechan.bin and found a GBA header within it. Just need to find the ending offset, with the help of ajxpk. So I guess that's promising...

JPN Bonus Disc STILL downloading, but even so, I wonder if I'll be able to identify the file we need if it does indeed contain a multiboot.

pretty sure poketgc and pokechan both have GBA headers in it, but whenever I tried modifying them, I failed miserably.

ajxpk should be able to do good work with it

Does anyone actually own a disc with the JPN Berry Fix Glitch Zigzagoon?

I was trying to track this down last year however never could. Someone did sent a few of JPN GameCube Demo ISO's my way from around the time of the Berry Fix Glitch distribution, however none of them looked to have the distribution on the disc.

That's not to say it might not still be in the file system somewhere as @ajxpk mentioned, which leads me on to asking what are the best tool for exploring the contents of a GameCube game these days?

• Like 2

I think you guys can forget about Ageto Celebi and Channel Jirachi. Like I said already, they're generated via GameCube:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-38

It's really not worth to try it IMO... but if you want to mess with it try to emulate it and see what is loaded into the WRAM. 
This way it's also much easier to determine the size of the mb. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

Does anyone actually own a disc with the JPN Berry Fix Glitch Zigzagoon?

I was trying to track this down last year however never could. Someone did sent a few of JPN GameCube Demo ISO's my way from around the time of the Berry Fix Glitch distribution, however none of them looked to have the distribution on the disc.

That's not to say it might not still be in the file system somewhere as @ajxpk mentioned, which leads me on to asking what are the best tool for exploring the contents of a GameCube game these days?

TGC2gcm and gcmdump, along with yaz0dec, yay0dec, bmdtools, and blitz lunar' decompressor.dont forget szstools

Edited by St. GIGA

On 1/11/2018 at 6:31 AM, InsaneNutter said:

I used this to easily extract pokechan.bin from the Channel iso. But what St.GIGA listed may be a better option, idk.

On 1/11/2018 at 6:59 AM, ajxpk said:

I think you guys can forget about Ageto Celebi and Channel Jirachi. Like I said already, they're generated via GameCube:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/past-gen-rng-research.61090/page-38

It's really not worth to try it IMO... but if you want to mess with it try to emulate it and see what is loaded into the WRAM. 
This way it's also much easier to determine the size of the mb. 

That's unfortunate, but I guess it's no surprise as Channel didn't look like a regular MB running on the GBA. Though I still wonder what the GBA header in pokechan is for... I guess just sending the data and/or that animation.

As for Ageto, having never used the disc, I had no idea what it looks like running on the GBA. But are we still sure that ALL Ageto Celebis are generated on GCN, the initial one of course, but the other 48 as well that send straight to GBA?

Maybe I'll look into these again later, but as you know, we have better things to look into for the time being ;)

----------

That being said, if any one ever tracks down the Japanese Demo Disc that has the BGF Zigzagoon distribution, please do let me or @ajxpk know, as that at least is surely something we can create a GBA version for.

Edited by Deoxyz

I found the JPN Berry Glitch Shiny Zigzagoon GameCube Distribution hidden away on the Japanese Interactive Multi-Game Demo Disc from January 2004! If its listed on the discs menu system its far from obvious to someone to someone who can't read Japanese, however it's easily found in the discs file system.

You will find it under local > tgc > Ruby_And_Sapphire_Rev.tgc and can convert it to an ISO to use on real hardware with tgc to gcm (untested at present).

jpn-berry-glitch-fix-zigzagoon-1.jpg.0ad3367cf72a4bda1bdd538329b4f90d.jpgjpn-berry-glitch-fix-zigzagoon-2.jpg.f089fd4184e9261eeb833afff1b073e3.jpg

If you look at the banner info you will find the name of the disc is "ジラーチ配布ディスク2003年6月" which translates to "Jilachi Distribution Disk June 2003."

The banner description is "新ポケモン ジラーチが君の手に!" which roughly translates to "New Pokemon Jirachi is in your hands!

We can speculate the JPN Pokemon Berry Glitch Shiny Zigzagoon Distribution is based on the the Wishing Star Jirachi distribution, which was distributed from June 1 to August 24, 2003 in Japan.

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 3
  • Teary-Eyed 1
  • Speechless 2