Ageto Celebii and Channel Jirachi are different because they're generated on the Game Cube. I'm not sure 100% about Channel though since I'm not that familiar with it, someone else will have to confirm it.

3 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Ageto Celebii and Channel Jirachi are different because they're generated on the Game Cube. I'm not sure 100% about Channel though since I'm not that familiar with it, someone else will have to confirm it.

I just found a video of Channel Jirachi and it's not a multiboot.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:48 PM, ajxpk said:

Just found the mention in some old posts, the pokedownload.tgc equivalent for CHANNEL Jirachi is called pokechan.bin

Assuming it does contain a multiboot, I'd love to have the file sent my way if anyone has it. Can't find it on google yet, and I currently don't even really know how to unpack an iso to extract it.

Edited by Deoxyz

I think you can boot the pokechan.bin as an mb without mods, as the Jirachi MB files on the bonus disc were .bin files.

6 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

I just found a video of Channel Jirachi and it's not a multiboot.

I just looked one up, and tbh, it seems like a multiboot working on the GBA side, just with a unique visual cutscene or whatever. I wouldn't say either way yet for sure, but it's odd compared to other MBs if it is. Iirc, with Ageto it's generated on the GCN, then traded over to the GBA like just any other purified pokemon, so it's at least not the exact same with CHANNEL.

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

I just looked one up, and tbh, it seems like a multiboot working on the GBA side, just with a unique visual cutscene or whatever. I wouldn't say either way yet for sure, but it's odd compared to other MBs if it is. Iirc, with Ageto it's generated on the GCN, then traded over to the GBA like just any other purified pokemon, so it's at least not the exact same with CHANNEL.

It connects when the GBA game boots, no pressing Start + Select right when powering the GBA on.

Remember Europe got the Berry Glitch Fix last. Therefore, Channel Jirachi probably has something to do with the GCN RNG for SID generation but not PK3 generation. Nintendo's tech got better as the system aged and they knew more about it.

Edited by St. GIGA

3 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

It connects when the GBA game boots, no pressing Start + Select right when powering the GBA on.

You don't press Start+Select using the Colosseum Bonus disc either though. It connects after you see the copyright screen after the receiving game boots.

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

You don't press Start+Select using the Colosseum Bonus disc either though. It connects after you see the copyright screen after the receiving game boots.

Oh, right. So we COULD make ROMs for Channel Jirachi, Ageto Celebi and Colosseum Pikachu.

Only Ageto Celebi and Channel Jirachi. Pikachu is generated on console for the colosseum party. Celebi is received the first time into your party where cheats on the beta USA version can edit the pokemon given, but all celebi after that require a GBA-GCN cable, Japanese RS, and a free slot in storage and/or party. You can do this 48 times. AFAIK Channel Jirachi is infinite. @Invader TAK

Edited by St. GIGA
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, St. GIGA said:

Still we could use this to see if Ageto rng is even possible.

It already possible. Check this

7 minutes ago, ozderya said:

I'm wondering now if other gamecupe pokemon games have something like that?

The Distro ROMs of Gen4 events have decchi.bin, which is a Pokemon Ranger tech demo, that upon insertion into a DS GBA slot with SLOT1 having a Japanese Gen4 game, one can receive a gift over simulated local wireless over gba if selected that gives arceus's azure flute, with mew's text. The event card will be an Infernape event if changed to a pokemon event card. Pokemon Ranger on DS gives Manaphy's egg, and MY Pokemon Ranch gives Phione and Mew.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, Invader TAK said:

Oh, right. So we COULD make ROMs for Channel Jirachi, Ageto Celebi and Colosseum Pikachu.

My assumption is MBs sent from GCN discs just work a bit different compared to those from a GBA, at least due to the way they made them.

I didn't think so for Ageto Celebi, as I explained previously, but I'm just basing that off unclear memory, and I assume @St. GIGA knows what he's talking about. I actually know nothing about how Colosseum Pikachu is distributed, but I assumed it was also generated in the GCN game, then can trade it to the GBA later.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, ozderya said:

I'm wondering now if other gamecupe pokemon games have something like that?

Only thing I know of is the US Demo Discs that have BGF Zigzagoon, but that's actually how the GBA rom used in Europe was officially made, hence the UI text referring to the GameCube. So no point in that. But actually, Japan had their own disc too, so if someone has the iso somewhere(I don't think so), we could extract the MB. However, this can also be recreated by editing the English Zigzagoon MB, as it uses the same generation method. Actually it's very easy to edit BGF Zigzagoon(unlike the other roms due to checksums), except a few traits that have been troublesome to record, such as origin region. Because otherwise, you'd be sending a Zigzagoon to a Japanese game, but PKHeX will still show it as ENG instead of JPN, therefore illegal. In the end though, I'd prefer recreating roms with original MBs where possible, only modifying MBs as last resort.

Edit: I've also been told the PCNY events were distributed via GameCube discs as well, but you can place those in the category of the GBA distro roms that aren't known to have leaked from Nintendo, eg. the US 10 ANIVs.

Edited by Deoxyz

Firstly pikachu has an MB, I was wrong, and 2, the bonus disc for BGF zigzagoon from Japan is dumped.

Edited by St. GIGA

1 minute ago, St. GIGA said:

Firstly pikachu has an MB, I was wrong, and 2, the bonus disc from Japan is dumped.

The Japanese BGF Zigzagoon disc?

Yes, it does exist, same method as USA, it is also a Multigame Demo Disc

• Like 2