On 1/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, Invader TAK said:

Oh, right. So we COULD make ROMs for Channel Jirachi, Ageto Celebi and Colosseum Pikachu.

My assumption is MBs sent from GCN discs just work a bit different compared to those from a GBA, at least due to the way they made them.

I didn't think so for Ageto Celebi, as I explained previously, but I'm just basing that off unclear memory, and I assume @St. GIGA knows what he's talking about. I actually know nothing about how Colosseum Pikachu is distributed, but I assumed it was also generated in the GCN game, then can trade it to the GBA later.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:11 PM, ozderya said:

I'm wondering now if other gamecupe pokemon games have something like that?

Only thing I know of is the US Demo Discs that have BGF Zigzagoon, but that's actually how the GBA rom used in Europe was officially made, hence the UI text referring to the GameCube. So no point in that. But actually, Japan had their own disc too, so if someone has the iso somewhere(I don't think so), we could extract the MB. However, this can also be recreated by editing the English Zigzagoon MB, as it uses the same generation method. Actually it's very easy to edit BGF Zigzagoon(unlike the other roms due to checksums), except a few traits that have been troublesome to record, such as origin region. Because otherwise, you'd be sending a Zigzagoon to a Japanese game, but PKHeX will still show it as ENG instead of JPN, therefore illegal. In the end though, I'd prefer recreating roms with original MBs where possible, only modifying MBs as last resort.

Edit: I've also been told the PCNY events were distributed via GameCube discs as well, but you can place those in the category of the GBA distro roms that aren't known to have leaked from Nintendo, eg. the US 10 ANIVs.

Edited by Deoxyz

On 1/10/2018 at 8:20 PM, St. GIGA said:

According to Reddit's Ageto Celebi RNG subreddit, you can send Celebi to GBA or GCN.

Interesting, so I guess it just may have a multiboot too...

I know I can find the Japanese Bonus Disc iso, but do we know which file to extract to check for MBs?

Edited by Deoxyz

On 1/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, St. GIGA said:

The discs in Japan may have been specially marked, but YMMV. Yeah, you may have to scout eBay. @InsaneNutter's site may have the disc, and IIRC @HaxAras has one.

We're talking about the JPN Colosseum disc right? Yeah, his site has the iso. And yeah, HaxAras HAD the disc before he got out of pokemon and sold off everything.

I'm more concerned about tracking down the JPN BGF Zigzagoon iso, but I'm personally not buying the disc, because iirc it's very expensive and I rather put money towards GBA distributions. I know at one point HaxAras found someone with this disc who was willing to sell, but that never happened. I think it was someone he was talking to on this site's Discord/IRC.

Edited by Deoxyz

Th

4 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

We're talking about the JPN Colosseum disc right? Yeah, his site has the iso, I can get it easy. And yeah, HaxAras HAD the disc before he got out of pokemon and sold off everything.

I'm more concerned about tracking down the JPN BGF Zigzagoon iso, but I'm personally not buying the disc, because iirc it's expensive and I rather put money towards GBA roms. I know at one point HaxAras found someone with this disc who was willing to sell, but that never happened. I think it was someone he was talking to on this site's Discord/IRC.

I was talking about the BGF zigzagoon disc. I beg of you not to think badly of me for this:  Digiex's "Japan Demo Disc Possibly Close to Finding It".   The intent is not to link to Warez, (slayer edit: then don't link it) but as his site proves, no such disc exists, yes the multigame discs in japan were dumped, but no 2004 demo discs contain BGF zigzagoon. The 2003 discs may have it... that or it was the collector's disc that exists...

@ajxpk Speaking of event verifications, what are they usually, are they rechecks of existing specimens, ram testing, disassembly, or other checks? Or are they NDA verification? Probably it could even be verification with the real distro rom? Like @Purin's and the Jirachi disc? 

Edited by St. GIGA

1 minute ago, ajxpk said:

End of 2003 and early 2004. But like I said they are versions with it and without. On the other hand no one has ever checked what kind of hidden content might be on these discs... could be that it's switched off but still there? 

Maybe ask TCRF and GCL to investigate???

Regarding Ageto Celebi, I looked into it. While the initial Celebi received is added to the Colosseum party as I had originally thought, the remaining 48 are sent directly to a GBA game.

Also found a video:

Spoiler

Sounds and looks like a multiboot to me!

Unfortunately, I can't find any details on Colosseum Pikachu. I guess we'll have to see.

So at the moment, we need to extract pokechan.bin from a EUR Pokemon Channel iso, and whatever file in the JPN Bonus disc that should contain Ageto Celebi, and possibly Colosseum Pikachu. I'm not familiar with extracting files from isos, but I'm looking into tools.

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 1

If you ever going to look for a Japanese demo disc check this out:

月刊任天堂店頭デモ 2004年3月号

IMG_3861.PNG.428d3105191ddbd285be681fac2baa05.PNG

IMG_3862.PNG.1aff8d77507ad7591ca8f430fdc7ae53.PNG

月刊任天堂店頭デモ 2004年3月号 きのみ問題修正版

IMG_3864.PNG.1880026016224e2745ce8b0914d977c3.PNG

IMG_3863.PNG.3830d454df807cf307176ca991074d8f.PNG

Source: https://www63.atwiki.jp/gamecubemania/sp/pages/12.html

Same month, big difference. One has the Berry Fix Program, the other does not. Be aware.

There are two more issues I could confirm:

月刊任天堂店頭デモ2004年1月号 きのみ問題修正版

月刊任天堂店頭デモ2004年2月号 きのみ問題修正版

2 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

Just an update, I extracted pokechan.bin and found a GBA header within it. Just need to find the ending offset, with the help of ajxpk. So I guess that's promising...

JPN Bonus Disc STILL downloading, but even so, I wonder if I'll be able to identify the file we need if it does indeed contain a multiboot.

pretty sure poketgc and pokechan both have GBA headers in it, but whenever I tried modifying them, I failed miserably.

ajxpk should be able to do good work with it