@ajxpk Technically Meteor Jirachi and Wishmaker have no restrictions. (Meteor has zero, Wishmaker is restricted to those who own the disc.) So yeah, Meteor should be fine to release. It will make the fans happy to be able to own a cut event of their own. @Deoxyz

@

Edited by St. GIGA

So what's the difference between what was build and what Purin has?

Many thanks for rebuilding these ROMs! Why were these files on the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc anyways? Are there similar files on the Japan Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc?

What programs are you guys using to analyze these files?

Thanks.

14 minutes ago, YoshiMoshi said:

So what's the difference between what was build and what Purin has?

Many thanks for rebuilding these ROMs! Why were these files on the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc anyways? Are there similar files on the Japan Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc?

What programs are you guys using to analyze these files?

Thanks.

1) The multiboot that gets sent to the receiving GBA is identical. Only likely difference is the distro rom having the UI/Master that was used from Shiny Zigzagoon, but we don't know for sure what the original looks like. It's up to Purin whether or not he wants to share details.

2) Probably left over from beta testing. Started with copying Negaiboshi, made METEOR, but finalized with WISHMKR. Leftover files from beta testing isn't new, eg if you remember the debug Bulbasaur and Shiny Litwick from some of the Gen V roms. Japanese Colosseum Bonus disc doesn't have any multiboots, iirc, it just enables an in-game event for Celebi to join your party, iirc.

3)Hex editors

Edited by Deoxyz

15 hours ago, Invader TAK said:

Oh I just remembered something. Did you guys grab the CHANNEL Jirachi multiboot from PAL Channel?

OH! I think I have Channel's equivalent of pokedownload.tgc(different name) somewhere, not sure. That's definitely one we should do.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I was just remembering it being mentioned in a discussion once...  Though, I don't know much about CHANNEL Jirachi. It did send via multiboot, right? Or wasn't it more like Ageto Celebi?

Edited by Deoxyz
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

Ageto Celebii and Channel Jirachi are different because they're generated on the Game Cube. I'm not sure 100% about Channel though since I'm not that familiar with it, someone else will have to confirm it.

I just found a video of Channel Jirachi and it's not a multiboot.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:48 PM, ajxpk said:

Ageto Celebii and Channel Jirachi are different because they're generated on the Game Cube. I'm not sure 100% about Channel though since I'm not that familiar with it, someone else will have to confirm it.

Just found the mention in some old posts, the pokedownload.tgc equivalent for CHANNEL Jirachi is called pokechan.bin

Assuming it does contain a multiboot, I'd love to have the file sent my way if anyone has it. Can't find it on google yet, and I currently don't even really know how to unpack an iso to extract it.

Edited by Deoxyz

6 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

I just found a video of Channel Jirachi and it's not a multiboot.

I just looked one up, and tbh, it seems like a multiboot working on the GBA side, just with a unique visual cutscene or whatever. I wouldn't say either way yet for sure, but it's odd compared to other MBs if it is. Iirc, with Ageto it's generated on the GCN, then traded over to the GBA like just any other purified pokemon, so it's at least not the exact same with CHANNEL.

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

I just looked one up, and tbh, it seems like a multiboot working on the GBA side, just with a unique visual cutscene or whatever. I wouldn't say either way yet for sure, but it's odd compared to other MBs if it is. Iirc, with Ageto it's generated on the GCN, then traded over to the GBA like just any other purified pokemon, so it's at least not the exact same with CHANNEL.

It connects when the GBA game boots, no pressing Start + Select right when powering the GBA on.

Remember Europe got the Berry Glitch Fix last. Therefore, Channel Jirachi probably has something to do with the GCN RNG for SID generation but not PK3 generation. Nintendo's tech got better as the system aged and they knew more about it.

Edited by St. GIGA

3 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

It connects when the GBA game boots, no pressing Start + Select right when powering the GBA on.

You don't press Start+Select using the Colosseum Bonus disc either though. It connects after you see the copyright screen after the receiving game boots.

Only Ageto Celebi and Channel Jirachi. Pikachu is generated on console for the colosseum party. Celebi is received the first time into your party where cheats on the beta USA version can edit the pokemon given, but all celebi after that require a GBA-GCN cable, Japanese RS, and a free slot in storage and/or party. You can do this 48 times. AFAIK Channel Jirachi is infinite. @Invader TAK

Edited by St. GIGA
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ozderya said:

I'm wondering now if other gamecupe pokemon games have something like that?

The Distro ROMs of Gen4 events have decchi.bin, which is a Pokemon Ranger tech demo, that upon insertion into a DS GBA slot with SLOT1 having a Japanese Gen4 game, one can receive a gift over simulated local wireless over gba if selected that gives arceus's azure flute, with mew's text. The event card will be an Infernape event if changed to a pokemon event card. Pokemon Ranger on DS gives Manaphy's egg, and MY Pokemon Ranch gives Phione and Mew.