Hello Readers!

Today in my limited time, while searching for the Wishmkr Jirachi MB file, I found inside the American Colosseum Bonus Disc ISO's "PokeDownloader.tgc" (which is a funky gcm iso), a copy of the Normal event, the Meteor prototype rom (which I know is valid due to @Bond697's screenshots of IDA Pro on the Meteor Rom), and a completely brand new distro MB file called "sample0519.bin", which, like the Meteor and Wishmaker roms, boots to white in VBA, and IS a valid GBA MB rom, as VBA will not crash. NO$GBA does the same, and reports no bugs, so I suspect we have a 2nd Prototype Jirachi Event, which could also be Ageto/Agate Celebi, or an English version of another Jirachi??? I used a program for windows cmd shell called "tgcToGCM", which is able to be found via google. Sadly, converting GCM files into TGC cannot be done yet, (perhaps it could be done with the Dolphin SDK???), so that will not be loadable without extensive AR/WIIRD codes/USBGecko Debugger Shenanigans. My last contribution is the German Ruby save file from the "pika-save" colbtl.bin package used for region changing of US Colosseum's GBA menu. It is called "RubyDe.sav", and unique to the version off geocities.ws, is a secret. In the first slot in the party, an untouched Pokemon Channel Jirachi exists. Unlike the ones we currently have, this one has a language Flag of German, which matches the Save Region. The name is not garbled (which helps rule out hax), and all checks out at first glance. By any chance could someone check it out, and add it to RoC's PC, and the Event Gallery if it is Legit? I will attach "pika-save.zip", and the 3 ".bin" files, which I request be moved to that tech forum ran by InsaneNutter. Let him release the Meteor, and tell us the details on the Unknown ".bin" file

pika-sav.zip

sample0519.bin

client.2003_1112.bin

client.bin

RubyDe.sav

Edited by St. GIGA
Added Save
  • Like 1

Just to make sure I understand correctly, are the .bin files you attached all unknown gba files, or are they the meteor file, the regular Jirachi, and the unknown gba file? And are you adding the PokeDownloader.tgc file to the other forum instead of here?

Edited by ThisIsDaAccount
Errors

23 minutes ago, ThisIsDaAccount said:

Just to make sure I understand correctly, are the .bin files you attached all unknown gba files, or are they the meteor file, the regular Jirachi, and the unknown gba file? And are you adding the PokeDownloader.tgc file to the other forum instead of here?

No way am I attaching the TGC anywhere, as it is 140mib. AFAIK, sample0519.bin is undumped, and has another proto event, but except for my German Channel Jirachi from that Geocities save, that, and the Reuploaded Meteor Jirachi .MB file, you are right, I did not find much in my quest today. I did attach the meteor, the jirachi, and the unknown gba jirachi. We all had these without knowing, but no easy way to find them. It just took a simple "Google" search to find all the needed info and tools.

Sincerely,

St. GIGA

• Like 2

1 hour ago, St. GIGA said:

No way am I attaching the TGC anywhere, as it is 140mib. AFAIK, sample0519.bin is undumped, and has another proto event, but except for my German Channel Jirachi from that Geocities save, that, and the Reuploaded Meteor Jirachi .MB file, you are right, I did not find much in my quest today. I did attach the meteor, the jirachi, and the unknown gba jirachi. We all had these without knowing, but no easy way to find them. It just took a simple "Google" search to find all the needed info and tools.

Sincerely,

St. GIGA

Thanks for the response! Since the Meteor and the other jirachi are blanked out in vba, is it possible to use them somehow through link cable emulation? Or is there a special method required to extract the jirachis?

I suspect @Bond697 knows the answer, as he has done similar things before to the same rom along with @shiny quagsire, who can make the distribute to En/JP FRLG via disassembly, and both can extract the Pokémon via the Generation method (which can land us with shinies, as like with 10anniv/10aniv/10ajhre, they all use the same generation method to my knowledge, meaning 9/65536 meteor can be shiny like their wishmaker siblings.

Also right now is my curfew. Sorry that I cannot clean up my post. I tried. BTW sorry for the maxed out signature. I just felt snarky.

Edited by St. GIGA

If it's a Multiboot ROM it should be loaded like one. That means it has to be send over by another GBA or a GameCube while the receiving GBA is booting.

I wouldn't expect a new discovered shiny Jirachi here. Nintendo messed up the Whishmaker but that doesn't mean they messed up this one as well. Sometimes even they can do things right.

I've previously went to obtain the PokeDownloader.tgc  from the Colo disc myself (I mentioned this somewhere before),
and tried to shift it into a .gba rom;
I deleted the front bytes until I reached the first header of the gba rom (and all gba roms seems to have the same front header),
problem is I couldn't get it to load on .vba

It's likely as BlackShark said, it's meant to be sent over as data, but not meant to be launched by itself.

If you know how to decompile gba games, the relevant is inside.

If it needs to be sent as a multi boot rom, I can compile FIX94's wii/gc gba save dumper so it sends this rom instead of the dumper one. I don't have my wii set up right now, anyone wants to test?

Also, anyone can get channel jirachi in any language with dolphin, there's a completed pal savegame at gamefaqs (thankfully no one needs to play that game just for the jirachi...)

EDIT: and you can change the language setting to get any channel jirachi; you'll need the corresponding rom though.

Just now, suloku said:

If it needs to be sent as a multi boot rom, I can compile FIX94's wii/gc gba save dumper so it sends this rom instead of the dumper one. I don't have my wii set up right now, anyone wants to test?

Also, anyone can get channel jirachi in any language with dolphin, there's a completed pal savegame at gamefaqs (thankfully no one needs to play that game just for the jirachi...)

I tried to play the game on Pokemon Channel, should have went to look for that save game. -.-

10 minutes ago, suloku said:

If you compile it i'd be happy to try it on my Wii this evening.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

I'm not sure what is each file, are the 3 files mb roms? where the 3 inside coloseum bonus disc? I'm a little confused, but anyways I compiled one of FIX94's program for each of those bin files for anyone who'd like to test them out. If they work, maybe they can be swapped with the one in the 10ANNIV rom as a way to use them on emu/gba-gba
@InsaneNutter

jirachi_mb_test.zip

ps: backup saves before testing, also, we don't know which rom these multiboot expect, but I would asume R/S either USA or JAP (if they are leftover prototypes maybe they are still for JAP).

EDIT: It should be possible to put two of those bin files in the 10ANNIV rom, but the "sample0519.bin" is too big. In any case vba won't work with multiboot files on gba-gba apparently (but seems to work on dolphin-vbaM joybus emulation), so if they serve any purpose we could edit US colosseum bonus disk so it sends these multiboot roms instead of the one it is supposed to).

Also, in client.bin there's text for R/S, and in sample0519.bin there's the gamecode for japanese Ruby.

Yes, they are MB roms, as @Bond697 decompiled the 2003 one, and that is the rom with meteor Jirachi. Since they ALL boot in no$gba with a white screen if no bios or cart is enabled/detected, I think they are all multiboot files. They are hidden in pokedownloader.tgc, and require tgctogcm to extract. Since they all are mb roms, they are harder to emulate (maybe due to headers), and the sample0519.bin is strange due to it being triple the size of the other 2 jirachi. If emulation/mbsdk fails, we can always have someone like @Bond697 extract the sample0519 Pokémon.

If you look in the attached zip file, (which is the Meteor Jirachi zip file from @Bond697,) and look at the top blue area of "meteor1.png", "meteor2.png", and "meteor3.png", where the title bar for IDA starts, the filename for "client.2003_1112.bin" is visible, proving that these are MB roms.

See what's possible,

St. GIGA

meteor_jirachi.zip

2 hours ago, suloku said:

I'm not sure what is each file, are the 3 files mb roms? where the 3 inside coloseum bonus disc? I'm a little confused, but anyways I compiled one of FIX94's program for each of those bin files for anyone who'd like to test them out. If they work, maybe they can be swapped with the one in the 10ANNIV rom as a way to use them on emu/gba-gba
@InsaneNutter

jirachi_mb_test.zip

ps: backup saves before testing, also, we don't know which rom these multiboot expect, but I would asume R/S either USA or JAP (if they are leftover prototypes maybe they are still for JAP).

EDIT: It should be possible to put two of those bin files in the 10ANNIV rom, but the "sample0519.bin" is too big. In any case vba won't work with multiboot files on gba-gba apparently (but seems to work on dolphin-vbaM joybus emulation), so if they serve any purpose we could edit US colosseum bonus disk so it sends these multiboot roms instead of the one it is supposed to).

Also, in client.bin there's text for R/S, and in sample0519.bin there's the gamecode for japanese Ruby.

Can you also see about making the nds/gcn version of the WC3 tool into a multiboot rom sender cart, and a straight .mb file? I also would like to know what areas of the 10anniv  rom to replace with the Meteor and Wishmaker bin files.

As it turns out,
on "Visualboyadvance-m GIT Commit: 28ebee117d33d63745c5dd095254986e1985fde4 on Mac",
the MB files actually displayed graphics, and, surprisingly,
the sample0519.bin actually displayed the most polished graphics (which looked like a wonder card distro screen, or such,)
and both known jirachi files displayed a black screen with white lines.

I cannot screenshot anything, but if you download that commit or later for your platform, you can see it.
The tile viewer crashes on sample0519.bin occasionally, so more rom editing is needed.
Only the first gfx frame is loaded before pausing, during which no link cable was hooked up.

In the sample0519.bin file, upon inspection in the emulator once reloaded, I looked in the tile viewers, and saw a full set of text,
a split Jirachi sprite, and another odd screen in the map viewer with the b and dot tiles.

With all 3, crashes while disassembling the gfx are random.
At least we know the unused distro works.
My guess is that the rom distributed one of the first Japanese Jirachi to Japanese RS/FRLG, and that Nintendo needed to test distro carts,
so they used the GC as a test instead of the SDK and a Flashcart like with UK Zigzagoon, and forgot to remove it and Meteor before shipping.

This may be the prototype of Meteor, with more polished graphics on boot, so perhaps it was a distro Rom nintendo Recycled for this.
It looks just like another screen.
I got the emulator that showed the hidden data at https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m/releases.

Make sure to use the the latest pre-release that starts with throttle, and that has a short commit no. of "2e8bee1".
Now you too can know that I did find a new mysterious Jirachi event beyond even the meteor one.

I have now done some research, and the only Japanese Jirachi distributed in 2003,
was the Wishing Star Jirachi, AKA the Wishmaker Jirachi for Japanese audiences, as it was for the same film.

As the GCN region on NPDP dev units can be swapped between JPN and USA,  
perhaps the Wishing Star Jirachi Distro ROM's multiboot executable is the mysterious sample0519.bin, and as according to Bulbapedia,
the first Wishing Star Jirachi were distributed at Pokemon Festa 03 to Japanese Ruby and Sapphire copies,
in the Hokkaido Prefecture on July 19, 2003, exactly 2 months after the date on the sample0519.bin, of May 19,
which was probably when the file was built and compiled for the real distro rom of Jirachi that Japanese gamers got.

It was then used as a test Multiboot when it was America's turn to get a Jirachi,
before being recoded as Meteor to test the new code down the line,
which was then replaced with the English translation of the Wishing Star Jirachi (AKA Wishmaker Jirachi),
to better tie the Wishmaker movie to the Colosseum Bonus Disc Jirachi,
which then became the Channel Jirachi due to Europe's lack of a berry fix.

2 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

Can you also see about making the nds/gcn version of the WC3 tool into a multiboot rom sender cart, and a straight .mb file? I also would like to know what areas of the 10anniv  rom to replace with the Meteor and Wishmaker bin files.

What would be the advantage? The final outcoome would be the same. They only thing multiboot would be interesting is to make a gba to gba program to distribute wondercards via link cable or the eon ticket without a cartflash to run the e-reader with custom savegames (which now I remember I did never upload...:ph34r:)

Exactly. I do want you to do the GBA version for those reasons, as I find that the DS version is not emulatable in Desmume, even with cart type set as r4, and I wish for you to make this tool the homebrew Wondercard MultiBoot file everyone has been asking for, so we do not have to dump the Mystic Ticket and Old Sea Map Distro Roms, and so that we can avoid the breach of contract issue with @XJ55's Aurora Ticket rom. It also allows us to avoid lawsuits from Nintendo over leaked distro roms. This would be the perfect fanmade distro rom for those who do not feel morally obligated to use a real one. This is why I want you to do it. I do not see why any of what you said is a disadvantage to making one. I do not care about the outcome, only that we need a gba-gba program, for the E-reader and Multiboot XBOO cable/flashcart so we can have a freely available, opensource, barebones e-reader distro rom for multiple events.

The remaining question regarding wishing star (negaiboshi) jirachi is whether or not OTG was random, or fixed like WSHMKR/Tanabata (pre-2006) jirachi.  We technically do not have any OTG algorithm determinations for any events before 2006 (standard library).

We have been aware of this (and other) prototype/dev code. @Bond697 hasn't had much time to disassemble it, so there is not much known about what it can or cannot do.  However he did note that the code is very messy and not optimized.  So finding generation algorithms by looking for similar code is not entirely easy to do.

If anyone is able to find generation information, I am mainly interested in OTG determination. Preliminarily we suspect negaiboshi is fixed like other jirachis distributioned after it.

Hello Readers! 

I have attached a 138k menu in standard gba format, which allows all 3 multiboot roms to boot on vba-m and no$gba. I was then able to see Japanese text on the unknown Jirachi rom, which indicated something. As the normal RS rom was not in memory, it said incompatible version on both other events. I made it using mbmenu, so if someone downloads it they can rebuild it from the my files. I do have one more thing of interest, and that is that when that person rebuilds it, on wishmaker and (possibly) meteor, see if you can apply @shiny quagsire's patch that allows English and Japanese copies to work for both RS, and FRLG. I hope this is doable.

Thanks, and have fun.

Jirachi.gba

Due to the Menu executable copying the multiboot rom into ram, it seems like one can remove the flashcart with the distribution roms, and insert a copy of RS to get around the version not supported error on the Multiboot menu version of the 3 distro roms. Also, @InsaneNutter, any news on the gc/Wii dol file tests of the mb file?

17 hours ago, St. GIGA said:

Also, @InsaneNutter, any news on the gc/Wii dol file tests of the mb file?

@suloku @St. GIGA

I couldn't get any of the dol's to work, the GBA will download the multiboot file then just crash to a white screen.

The Wii states to press A once you have a GBA game inserted, I can press A on the sample0519_bin however nothing happens after that, the Wii just says it's waiting for the GBA game.

client_bin and client.2003_1112_bin would not register me pressing A on the GameCube controller only sample0519_bin seemed to.

My Setup: Wii, GBA SP, Official GC to GBA Cable and Pokemon Sapphire (EUR) with a working battery for the RTC in the GBA 

Quick video here:

Edited by InsaneNutter

Interestingly enough, I got them to boot on Nocash's emulator with the Multiboot menu "mbmenu.zip", and they total in at 138 KB, which will fit in the GBA ram. The header and Entry point on the GBA mbmenu executable need hacking to actually use the events with multiboot, and some Nocash code is needed to get the collection to boot on Multiboot (which is needed for them to work), but with this we can test it. I will attach the gba file with all 3 bin files in it. In NO$GBA, the Unknown/Negaiboshi Jirachi event does not display Jirachi without debugging, but it displays strange Japanese text below it. I suspect more than a flash card is needed, as the header on the triple menu needs to be patched to work as a MB file, which must be sent via whatever means, before having a RS copy in the cart slot. With Wishmaker, it says incompatible version.

multiboot.gba

45 minutes ago, Purin said:

I've researched this about 5 years ago.
If I remember right, the file has the 2003 ネガイボシ Jirachi in it.

Do you think that we can fix the Multiboot file so that we can use it to reverse engineer the Negaiboshi distro algorithm?

BTW, @ajxpk, can you tell me what addresses to change in the Jirachi Multiboot file to make it work for FRLG and Japanese Games???

==Double post merged. Please don't double post==

How did you get it to work??? I tried everything!!!

If you cannot tell me how you did it, at least release an IPS patch that makes sample0519.bin work.

Edited by St. GIGA
Requesting patch to make dol work.