Online Ban Wave Strikes Again – Almost 8,000 People Affected

theSLAYER

15 minutes ago, Draexzhan said:

I got banned. The only hacking I've done was giving myself certain balls, bottle caps, rare candies, and a handful of mega stones. I don't have anything impossible to obtain legitimately. A friend of mine who is much more reckless with his hacking has not been banned, I suspect the reason why I got banned and he didn't is because I've gone onto Battle Spot. Honestly, this wouldn't really bother me, except that since I can't Game Sync anymore, I can't unlock my battle box that I used in the most recent competition.

if you don't mind, you can upload your save, and we'll take a look through to see what could have triggered it.

17 minutes ago, Draexzhan said:

I got banned. The only hacking I've done was giving myself certain balls, bottle caps, rare candies, and a handful of mega stones. I don't have anything impossible to obtain legitimately. A friend of mine who is much more reckless with his hacking has not been banned, I suspect the reason why I got banned and he didn't is because I've gone onto Battle Spot. Honestly, this wouldn't really bother me, except that since I can't Game Sync anymore, I can't unlock my battle box that I used in the most recent competition.

What megastones and balls did you give yourself?

1 minute ago, Holla! said:

What megastones and balls did you give yourself?

For the mega stones, a couple of each Charizardite, and two Blastoisinites, iirc. 

For the balls, Beasts and Apricorns.

Actually, now that I think about it, I did also give myself some of the wings, vitamins, and PP boosters. Though I'm fairly certain that's it. Here's the save from the last PKHeX edit I did before I was banned.

main

20 minutes ago, Draexzhan said:

For the mega stones, a couple of each Charizardite, and two Blastoisinites, iirc. 

For the balls, Beasts and Apricorns.

Actually, now that I think about it, I did also give myself some of the wings, vitamins, and PP boosters. Though I'm fairly certain that's it. Here's the save from the last PKHeX edit I did before I was banned.

main

It's likely the bulk of 999 items, especially apricorn balls, when you don't have that many trades done.

Also, you have a peculiar Suicune, that memories with OT indicate it was hatched.
Lopunny from AS in Apricorn ball. Basically a few hacks. (while there's no indication of such hacks leading to bans..)

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

It's likely the bulk of 999 items, especially apricorn balls, when you don't have that many trades done.

Also, you have a peculiar Suicune, that memories with OT indicate it was hatched.
Lopunny from AS in Apricorn ball. Basically a few hacks. (while there's no indication of such hacks leading to bans..)

Yeah, figured it was the items. I highly doubt it'd be those suspicious pokemon, though, as those were both traded to me, in gen 6, and successfully brought up through bank.

13 minutes ago, Draexzhan said:

Yeah, figured it was the items. I highly doubt it'd be those suspicious pokemon, though, as those were both traded to me, in gen 6, and successfully brought up through bank.

Did you only just recently game sync after March 28 (the day the ban waves rolled out happened) and got the error code message?

2 minutes ago, Holla! said:

Did you only just recently game sync after March 28 (the day the ban waves rolled out happened) and got the error code message?

Yes, I was trying to get my reward for participating in the Kanto and Alola friendly when I got the message that access to global link from my save data has been denied.