I hope you ppl can help me to confirm something about breeding in Sun/Moon;

Same Species:

HA-male + female(no HA) = chance to get HA?

Different Species:

HA-male + female(no HA) = female species with HA (?

HA-male + HA-female = female species with HA (?

male(no HA) + HA-female = female species with HA (?

I don't know for the Same Species,

but if you breed with two Different Species only the Mother's species hatches and it gets only the mother's abilities. So the species of the fahter (with or without HA) cannot breed a HA offsping of the mother's species :)

I'm not good at english grammar :P

From Generation VI onward, a female Pokémon has an 80% chance to pass down its Ability slot, regardless of whether it is bred with a male Pokémon or Ditto. Since Generation VI, it is possible for male and genderless Pokémon to pass down their Ability. From Generation VI onward, if a male or genderless Pokémon has its Hidden Ability and is bred with Ditto, it has a 20% chance to pass down its Hidden Ability. Ditto's Ability is always irrelevant to inheritance.

Source: bulbapedia

I seem to understand males will only pass HA with ditto. I'm not sure about the same species "Male HA + female no HA", or if "male HA+female HA" has a 100% HA offspring... but if the "male/genderless can only pass ability via ditto" applies, then "Male HA + female no HA" can't output HA and "male HA+female HA" is the same as ""male no HA+female HA".

If HA has a chance of being passed, the chance is always 60%.

The ability, like the species, is determined by the female. Meaning, HA can only be obtained using a female parent with HA. If the female does not have HA, then the chance for the offspring to obtain HA is 0% regardless of what ability the male has.

Using Ditto doesn't change that, except that breeding a male Pokemon with a Ditto results in the male effectively being treated as a female for the purpose of passing species and ability. 

Long story short:

(Same species) HA male + female (no HA) = no chance of HA

(Different species) HA male + female (no HA) = no chance of HA

HA male + HA female = 60% chance of HA, 20% of ability 1, 20% of ability 2

Male (no HA) + HA female = 60% chance of HA, 20% of ability 1, 20% of ability 2

Bonus:

HA male + Ditto = 60% chance of HA, 20% of ability 1, 20% of ability 2

(The last one is the source of much confusion; even Bulbapedia is wrong. However, I am 100% sure of my claim as I have tested it myself, and so has Cu3PO42.)

• Like 2