How to swap animations in Sun and Moon (Tutorial)

So alot of people have been asking how I do animation swaps and stuff in my hacks, so I decided to post a tutorial.

You will need:

pk3DS (Latest Version)

Ohana3DSRebirth (mariosonicds build)

Step 1: Uncompress a/1/7/0 in pk3DS

Step 2: Find the bin that contains the model that you want to use

Step 3. Uncompress the bin in pk3DS, You should get a folder named ID_CM (ID being whatever number the file is)

Step 4. Inside that folder you should see 9 bin files, copy the file named 0.bin

Step 5. Find the bin the contains the animations you want to use, and uncompress it

Step 6: You should get another folder named ID_CM that also has 9 bin files in it, overwrite the 0.bin in that folder with the one you copied

Step 7: Pack the folder, you should now have a file named ID.CM

Step 8. Rename the file to ID.BIN and replace the existing file

Step 9. Repack the GARC

Now you should have different animation ;). If you have any questions let me know!

Edited by CrystalLink
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, New3DsSuchti said:

The X / Y / OR / AS Randomizer is compatible with my system (windows 7 Ultimate x32 bit) the sun moon randomizer unfortunately not

Hide contents

Pk3ds.png.5aac97818f94b0715cf75df75937cfbd.png

Sorry I am German user

Pretty sure you are not using a recent version of pk3DS; re-download from the pk3DS thread or compile it yourself to make sure the build options are compatible with your system.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/31/2017 at 11:38 PM, New3DsSuchti said:

OMG thank you now it really did not have the latest version

But have already a new problem

When I unzip the file 040.bin (Colress) I always get only 5 bin files

Reveal hidden contents

58decc1d2fb19_binfiles.png.5298769b034a48a66dac58aebd9c5485.png

I have the same problem

• 11 months later...
18 hours ago, VeteranJaime said:

@Pokegirl0629 via pk3DS, go to tools -> Misc Tools -> (un)Pack + BCLIM. then drag and drop the file over to the window that pops up.

I tried doing that, but it says the file is too big and that it isn't a folder.  Does the file need to be in a certain format to work?  I have a cia, sooooo...

16 hours ago, Pokegirl0629 said:

I tried doing that, but it says the file is too big and that it isn't a folder.  Does the file need to be in a certain format to work?  I have a cia, sooooo...

You gotta use relevant programs (such as this or this) to extract the garc files from the game first...

If you want to extract the files, and if you can't figure out how to use .Net 3DS Toolkit, then I recommend you go to the gbatemp link I provided.
Their site is more suited for ROM extraction discussions than here.

(Also as a gentle reminder, distribution of ROMs and files from ROMs are strictly against our forum's rules, so don't ask it 😜 )

• Like 1