Is Donald Trump an evil virus to the US (lol)?

coltonsmogon

Is Donald Trump a bad influence to the US (& the planet as a whole)?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Is Donald Trump a bad influence to the US (& the planet as a whole)?

I think Donald Trump's nothing more than an evil virus designed to wipe out the planet at this point, & also the fact that he has caused more controversy IMO than even Richard Nixon did proves my point (& inspired my creating this thread in the first place).

Edited by coltonsmogon

Is this too controversial to our forums, I wonder.

I'm not a U.S. citizen, so my views are definitely not accurate.

As an outsider that is trying to be as unbiased as possible, I will not be pointing fingers at Republicans or Democrats.
I'll focus solely on Trump and his campaign.

Also, laying out the basic reasons for me finding him not trustworthy:

• It's proven time and time again he rips off and stiffs his workers/contractors
  • He flip flops, and has taken every position on every issue possible
  • Is there anyone not in his inner circle not tied to Russia?
  • I'm okay with him paying minimal taxes as legally possible, if he were a private citizen, and that being the reason he doesn't show his tax returns.
    However as POTUS, he should show them [tax returns], so that people can definitively say he ain't in the pocket of someone else.
  • Him and his conspiracy theories. Obama not born in U.S.? Obama illegally wire-tapping him? Random tweets in the middle of the night?

Now, back to the main question by OP.

Will Trump wipe out the planet? Unlikely.
I doubt that Congress will allow him to randomly nuke countries.
He'll likely get impeached before that.
I doubt he'll cause a global recession (unless he profits from it, then maybe he'll do it?)

Will he set back U.S.'s progress back 10 to 15 years?
Possible. Who knows? I believe that isn't directly his intention.

Honestly it just seems as though his goal is to enrich himself with the presidency,
and just follow the flow of what his followers want, to keep him in the seat as long as possible.

It's not entirely done out of malice; he's just trying to be a populist to earn money.

2 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

To my limited understanding, his team in the White House isn't even considered sufficient.
If it was staffed properly, at least they may be able to carry the slack while he's off golfing.

He's basically giving control of the country to Congress...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coltonsmogon said:

He's basically giving control of the country to Congress...

That's how it's always worked though. Congress makes the laws, the president enforces them (and can pass executive orders to help enforce them), and the Supreme Court interprets them (and settles disputes).

• Like 2

Now that I'm back on a desktop computer and not a phone, time to actually voice some opinions.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:15 PM, coltonsmogon said:

I think Donald Trump's nothing more than an evil virus designed to wipe out the planet at this point, & also the fact that he has caused more controversy IMO than even Richard Nixon did proves my point (& inspired my creating this thread in the first place).

That's a loaded statement.  Is there anything in particular he has done or plans to do that you don't agree with.

I think for the most part, what he plans to accomplish in his first 100 days sounds good at least.  Whether or not he accomplishes it all or not is to be determined, but the most likely thing would be reversing executive orders.  I was actually surprised that some of Obama's executive orders are effectively the opposite of what his job was as president (to enforce the lay), namely the ones regarding not doing anything about illegal immigration.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:29 PM, theSLAYER said:

Will Trump wipe out the planet? Unlikely.
I doubt that Congress will allow him to randomly nuke countries.
He'll likely get impeached before that.
I doubt he'll cause a global recession (unless he profits from it, then maybe he'll do it?)

Will he set back U.S.'s progress back 10 to 15 years?
Possible. Who knows? I believe that isn't directly his intention.

Honestly it just seems as though his goal is to enrich himself with the presidency,
and just follow the flow of what his followers want, to keep him in the seat as long as possible.

It's not entirely done out of malice; he's just trying to be a populist to earn money.

The president does have the power to launch nukes at pretty much any time.  (CNN article describing some of the details.)  The unjustified use of them would likely result in retaliation by other countries, so let's hope no one is stupid enough to cause another world war (and with nukes, that could eventually lead to the extinction of humanity).  While Trump does seem like a wild card, he seems sane enough to avoid using them unless absolutely necessary.

On 3/23/2017 at 3:47 PM, coltonsmogon said:

And is also doing a crappy job of running the US while he's at it.

Care to post a few examples?

1 hour ago, coltonsmogon said:

But it'll certainly get more legal activity now that Trump's in the house lol

Yeah, most notably the travel ban that has good intentions but bad implementation. The first one was definitely a mess and is probably for the best that it was blocked.  The most recent one with better implementation I'm not sure I completely agree with its reversal.  Hawaii was opposed to it due to tourism, since the judge that blocked it is Hawaiian, it seems like he's representing the state instead of the nation, opening the doors to potential terrorists so that more money can be made.  The president has the authority to regulate immigration, and I feel the judge's arguments were a bit weak.  (And the ban is only temporary - long enough to allow better vetting procedures to be installed.)

On a side note, I don't think that threatening messages are ever appropriate (except maybe in the most extreme situations - I can't think of any but don't want to flat-out say they're never appropriate), but it's not unsurprising that the judge has received some threats. He did, after all, block an executive order designed to limit terrorists coming from areas with lots of terrorism, so that a state that's separated from most of the country can get some more money.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

I know his plans are... O.K. for the most part, but the fact that they have torn the U.S. apart would probably be enough to eventually impeach him anyhow... It'll be a matter of time before his presidency crumbles all around him...

I'm not aware of anything he's done that's grounds for impeachment.

The plans tearing the country apart is more the fault of the people than Trump, I think.  The people involved with the "not my president" movement seem like immature crybabies that didn't get their way.  Trump's the president now, whether they like it or not, and there is no legal way to change that so long as he doesn't do anything blatantly illegal.  People have this false idea that he's going to legitimately ruin the country, deporting all the immigrants. (They don't seem to realize that only the illegal immigrants need to worry, since coming here without going through the proper channels is a crime.  The first time is a misdemeanor, but coming back illegally after being deported is a felony.)

Trump has said enough controversial and crazy (and sometimes offensive) things to become this unpopular, but I'm not sure he deserves as much hate as he's getting.  (And just to be clear, I'm not a Trump supporter.  It's just that he gets so much hate that people are kinda making me defend him.)

Edited by evandixon
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think it's time to revive this thread to see how Trump has done in the first 100 days compared to his campaign promises (as well as the unfolding Russian hacking scandal that'll cripple his reputation & will most likely make his presidency one of the worst in all of American history).

Hm... I'm not an U.S. citizen, so my knowledge is pretty limited, but I guess I can say a thing or two about this.
I didn't like him in the first place, but having him and Clinton as the only choices... well, Clinton seemed worse to me. I've found out he's not that bad, being oppossed to progressivism -you know, feminazis, LGBT, and that stuff-, at least he's been doing something about it, as far as I've read. That's a good thing, at least to me, I just can't stand those extremist crybabies.
However, he's still a threat on scientific and enviromental matters, though I dobut he'll just nuke random countries out of impulse, I don't think he's THAT insane.

He's getting more hate than he deserves.

Edited by Ruby Genseki
  • Like 1

I think he's a businessman, not a politician, but that's what his cabinet is for. Despite his...impulsiveness, he didn't get where he is by being stupid. I agree with Ruby that he's getting more hate than he deserves. It's good to be critical of a president, but it seems like a lot of people have such a hatred for him that they won't even give him a chance. He certainly wasn't my first choice for President, but he's better than the alternative ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 4

I'm no supporter of Trump, but everyone so far that has talked against him are whiny liberals who like to groupthink within a false dialectic, or are mere puppets who just follow the trend to hate Trump. I think most of you detractors are not even Americans, so I do not even know why you say these things. I doubt his claims to be Christian, as his fruits seem to show otherwise, but I was pleasantly surprised at his first moments in office were actually pretty good, though there were some ups and downs, and some things I see I do not like. Right now though? I am mainly indifferent, but things are not "hell on earth" like these rabblerousers tend to claim it is. Their personal lives have not been affected, things just go on as usual.

I really do not understand this "oh the US will regress back a couple of decades". What exactly do they mean by that? That men who identify themselves as women can no longer go into women's restrooms? How exactly is that a bad thing? Also this open borders thing is nonsense. See what has occurred in Europe, with the EU dictating an unmoderated amount of migrants who do not care to assimilate but to cause trouble in countries where their values are incompatible with the others. It would be natural to have that kind of reaction, would it not? The travel ban thing has been implemented poorly, yes, as I remember the first one causing some huge problems with people who were already in the state or something, but it is a proper reaction any sane Americans would want to combat ILLEGAL immigrants. There are also blatantly false propaganda being put up as well, such as "oh this Muslim woman (notice it has to be a minority woman of course) who almost found a cure for cancer and now is being deported". Really, laughable. How things are going about now, I do not know. Of course the big bogeyman now is "da Russians". Yet Killary's email scandals and Benghazi stuff, which actually has substantial proof of being true, are not put under the same scrutiny, but of course Trump's connection with the Russians, despite actual hard evidence but liberal parroting, is now all of a sudden the smoking gun! I have little understanding of this matter clearly.

I do not have to defend Trump nor do I want to, but the fact people have these unsubstantiated claims about him makes me wonder are people really this stupid, or does mass media really have such a huge impact on people's thoughts that they are now unable to think for themselves? I have my own reasons to be against him per se, even if I do like a lot of the things he does say, but not for the silly reasons the brainwashed liberals tend to say. He is miles better than Obama, I will say that much. But I remember speaking to some Americans, when I said I do not support their Democrat Party or whatever, I am automatically paired along as "Trump supporter". It is like they cannot get off this dichotomic point of view of you're either this or that. Perhaps this propaganda is global really. In Korea it is the same, generally negative views of Trump due to media sensation, etc.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wraith89 said:

Their personal lives have not been affected, things just go on as usual.

This is what I tell people. Perhaps one thing that has been greatly influencing gen-pop is the self-inflicted emotional stress.  

Actually, now that I’m thinking about the topic, there have been many lives that have been affected within the past ~10 months, other than emotionally. 

As far as the media, this sort of “partisan” and propaganda sent from the different networks are typical and pretty much expected when the White House changes parties.  

All of this “his Russia but her emails” rhetoric means nothing to me.  I will have my answers after all investigations have concluded and official statements or actions have been deployed. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

This is what I tell people. Perhaps one thing that has been greatly influencing gen-pop is the self-inflicted emotional stress.

People forget that the president only has so much power, and the other branches of government are there to keep him in check.

1 hour ago, wraith89 said:

There are also blatantly false propaganda being put up as well, such as "oh this Muslim woman (notice it has to be a minority woman of course) who almost found a cure for cancer and now is being deported". Really, laughable. How things are going about now, I do not know. Of course the big bogeyman now is "da Russians". Yet Killary's email scandals and Benghazi stuff, which actually has substantial proof of being true, are not put under the same scrutiny, but of course Trump's connection with the Russians, despite actual hard evidence but liberal parroting, is now all of a sudden the smoking gun! I have little understanding of this matter clearly.

28 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

As far as the media, this sort of “partisan” and propaganda sent from the different networks are typical and pretty much expected when the White House changes parties.  

All of this “his Russia but her emails” rhetoric means nothing to me.  I will have my answers after all investigations have concluded and official statements or actions have been deployed.

The biased reporting is a huge problem. Funny how everyone's mad at Russia for contributing to Trump's election by stealing emails, but they ignore the incriminating emails themselves, wishing that Hillary won instead. Fast forward nearly a year later, and now Trump Jr. is on the news with headlines that imply he stole the information. I haven't been following the news too closely, but according to CNN, he simply met with a lawyer who had nonsensical claims about having incriminating information about Hillary.

I think this video from an openly conservative channel explains it quite nicely:

I also want to note that I had a hard time finding exactly what is incriminating about the leaked emails, besides Hillary's incompetent handling of them. Here's the only thing I could find that directly said what. Most of the rest was about how Trump Jr. was somehow involved.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, evandixon said:

People forget that the president only has so much power, and the other branches of government are there to keep him in check.

Just want to say this that Trump is no Emperor or a monarch of any kind, but yet another head of state elected and belonging to a political faction (and even then monarchs always are kept in check by the aristocracy and his own people). Even in old Chinese proverb there is a saying, "The emperor's power stops at the village's gates", which is something to think about. Your personal life, other than some crocodile tears, probably has not been affected to some significant degree. Not denying that there are some who may have been, but do these liberals who scream and cry bloody murder really even care about them anyways, or just to forward their political agenda? It does not matter really what they do, Trump is still head of state of the USA, and no amount of monkey crying will change that. With all the surveillance stuff and how many people are connected electronically, it is more possible than ever to actually wield this type of power. It is all meaningless post-election trauma, yet I have never seen it being so politicised with other presidential candidates, I think. Media hyping things up, and I do not like to call them fake news, though it is funny. I just call them what it is: LIES. Though the president of South Korea had to go and has been replaced with her opposing candidate now, it does not work that way in the States, I imagine.

• 2 years later...