Here are a few things that I would like to see implemented in PKHeX:

• Ability to view and modify the trainer passport (Sun and Moon) such as choosing which stamps are achieved in that save
  • This may be a glitch or quirk on my end, but regular-color and shiny Wishiwashi school form did not register in the dex when I told PKHeX to complete the dex completely.
  • Ability to not only select the Pokes that made it to the hall of fame but also the form and whether or not it was shiny (such as not only choosing Mamoswine, for example, but female shiny mamoswine, or not only Keldeo, but shiny resolute Keldeo, etc)
  • Ability to select certain parts of the map as visited or not (depending on the game)
  • Miniature sprites that not only show a star when shiny but also shiny coloration (optional) such as a black greninja or a red gyarados mini sprites
  • Batch editor should at least have the option to modify party mons
  • On a similar note, the HPCurrent and HPMax won't change with the batch editor.
  • Option to automatically make a valid encounter (such as, for all breedable mons, a one-click option to make it look like it was bred from the daycare, or even mons coming from the correct event)
  • Option to see and modify which trainers and NPC on the maps were beaten.
  • Map location knowing, depending on the game, which map number corresponds to which location (such as Sun/Moon's map 96 being listed as the battle tree)

These are just a few things that I had in mind. What do you think of these potential improvements? Also, pardon the potential typos in this post.

Edited by thisisacreativename

Since we are on the topic of suggestions, I would like to make one..

After clicking to check the legality of a Pokémon, a window will pop up displaying  its legal status, as we know.  

@Kaphotics what do you think about an additional button next to the confirmation  button that will execute the "set" command?

Like an airhead, sometimes I forget to set Pokémon after I have finished editing them.  Maybe others make the same error? Haha

Edited by jasenyoface

10 hours ago, thisisacreativename said:

Here are a few things that I would like to see implemented in PKHeX:

• Ability to view and modify the trainer passport (Sun and Moon) such as choosing which stamps are achieved in that save already researched, just not exposed in any editor
  • This may be a glitch or quirk on my end, but regular-color and shiny Wishiwashi school form did not register in the dex when I told PKHeX to complete the dex completely. totem pkm forms are currently ignored in the fill-all
  • Ability to not only select the Pokes that made it to the hall of fame but also the form and whether or not it was shiny (such as not only choosing Mamoswine, for example, but female shiny mamoswine, or not only Keldeo, but shiny resolute Keldeo, etc) assuming this is for S/M, the game stores 16bit values for species ID; not sure if storing shiny/form is even possible. Would need to be documented in a research thread prior to being considered for implementation
  • Ability to select certain parts of the map as visited or not (depending on the game) Would need to be documented in a research thread prior to being considered for implementation.
  • Miniature sprites that not only show a star when shiny but also shiny coloration (optional) such as a black greninja or a red gyarados mini sprites would bloat the exe by 0.4MB for little gain; I'm not interested in maintaining fanmade sprite edits
  • Batch editor should at least have the option to modify party mons  implemented
  • On a similar note, the HPCurrent and HPMax won't change with the batch editor. battle stats are not saved while a pkm is in the box (because the box only stores the bare minimum data); this is not always true (Colosseum/XD store stats in boxes).
  • Option to automatically make a valid encounter (such as, for all breedable mons, a one-click option to make it look like it was bred from the daycare, or even mons coming from the correct event) read shortcuts, see met location click shortcut or the batch editor $suggest feature
  • Option to see and modify which trainers and NPC on the maps were beaten. Would need to be documented in a research thread prior to being considered for implementation.
  • Map location knowing, depending on the game, which map number corresponds to which location (such as Sun/Moon's map 96 being listed as the battle tree) Select a met location then open the batch editor, and select the property name. The current value for the pkm loaded to tabs will be shown.

These are just a few things that I had in mind. What do you think of these potential improvements? Also, pardon the potential typos in this post.

response inline; in general, I don't bother with low usage/high time requirement features and leave it up to the community to research (and even implement) what they want the program to handle.

8 hours ago, jasenyoface said:

Since we are on the topic of suggestions, I would like to make one..

After clicking to check the legality of a Pokémon, a window will pop up displaying  its legal status, as we know.  

@Kaphotics what do you think about an additional button next to the confirmation  button that will execute the "set" command?

Like an airhead, sometimes I forget to set Pokémon after I have finished editing them.  Maybe others make the same error? Haha

if you make any changes to the save file (ie set anything) without exporting the save, you'll get an alert. I don't see it necessary for checking even further back if the pkm that was loaded was modified (if nothing else has been set yet). I mean, I can always set the "Edited" flag when something has been viewed, but that could end up nagging people who quickly opened to view something.

35 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

assuming this is for S/M, the game stores 16bit values for species ID; not sure if storing shiny/form is even possible. Would need to be documented in a research thread prior to being considered for implementation

Previous generations stored the TID/SID and PID to show shininess in Hall of Fame.
Based on what you say, It may work different for S/M.

I'll bring a shiny Pokemon to battle and compare the save

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

if you make any changes to the save file (ie set anything) without exporting the save, you'll get an alert. 

I understand your first statement and am thankful for that alert.  

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

I don't see it necessary for checking even further back if the pkm that was loaded was modified (if nothing else has been set yet).  I mean, I can always set the "Edited" flag when something has been viewed, but that could end up nagging people who quickly opened to view something.

Yes that would be annoying to see a flag for every viewed pokemon.  My thoughts are that after we modify each pokemon individually and then check its legality (or the pkmn is changed to legal status) something like prompt ~ pokemon is legal/illegal, set? [yes] [no].  yes=sets and exits prompt,  no=exits the prompt. 

In the spoilers, my example displays one mod that isnt a bigy if forgot to set before moving on to the next pokemon. But mulitple mods to one pkmn that arent set is my ultimate sway.

Spoiler

OOPS.thumb.png.1ff7481ad0b55f010f13edc667700759.png

Spoiler

Set.thumb.png.9c088e078eda58fe7f0cd033e561d22c.png

Edited by jasenyoface

6 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

haha Hopefully not!

Been using it for a while now.  I've been very content with it.  I might EXE-orcise it and put it onto the APP-ropriate OS.  :D:D    But for real though, thank you!

Spoiler

Capture.PNG.b97575fa8c788d08072d409e4296ccdb.PNG

17 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

response inline; in general, I don't bother with low usage/high time requirement features and leave it up to the community to research (and even implement) what they want the program to handle.

if you make any changes to the save file (ie set anything) without exporting the save, you'll get an alert. I don't see it necessary for checking even further back if the pkm that was loaded was modified (if nothing else has been set yet). I mean, I can always set the "Edited" flag when something has been viewed, but that could end up nagging people who quickly opened to view something.

School form and Totem form Wishi is one and the same. Unlike the other totem pokemon, Wishi doesn't have an unplayable totem form. During the totem fight it has the playable school form and by extention the small form when Schooling breaks.

Edited by nickdos

25 minutes ago, paf said:

I would just suggest to  be possible to delete a full box of pokemon with a right click as pokegen does.

read the shortcuts

alt click the Box tab.

3 hours ago, nickdos said:

School form and Totem form Wishi is one and the same. Unlike the other totem pokemon, Wishi doesn't have an unplayable totem form. During the totem fight it has the playable school form and by extention the small form when Schooling breaks.

just checked, the latest versions are not affected by this. It gives wishiwashi seen flags for both forms.