anon73

Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size

I have the latest version, or at least it dosn't tell me that there is an newer version like it usally does when there is, but i suppose downloading it again dosn't hurt

4 minutes ago, Galleux said:

I have the latest version, or at least it dosn't tell me that there is an newer version like it usally does when there is, but i suppose downloading it again dosn't hurt

are you on mac or windows? Yeah, redownload PKHeX and extract all it's contents into a folder.
Then drag the main into PKHeX's window.

Apparently it wasn't the newest version, i got used to that it tells me that there is a newer version avalible so i thought i had it, it works now though, thanks for the help.

Have a merry chrismas and a happy new year.

Edited by Galleux
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Galleux said:

Apparently it wasn't the newest version, i got used to that it tells me that there is a newer version avalible so i thought i had it, it works now though, thanks for the help.

Have a merry chrismas and a happy new year.

No worries, same to you too! :3

Hi @theSLAYER

It's absolutely awesome that you've been helping people with this problem. I've had a similar struggle trying to get back a save file and unfortunately, I'm not one with any expertise in computers and I wanted to see if you had any advice.

Pretty much the problem was that I had a digital copy of Ultra Sun on an SD card. I downloaded ultra sun onto another SD card because I wanted a second save file, found out that I couldn't access my original save anymore and then deleted the new save that I made.

My game when trying to access the original save on my original SD card still gave me the message "The saved data is not compatible with this version, it cannot be used"

I found an article online that had a possible solution to this error message. He says that he used save editor (CheckPoint) to extract his main file - which was successful. Then he used PkHex to open it and modify his trainer information - specifically changing "Last Saved" to the current date and extending the length of the adventure by a minute. He overwrote the old save and it worked again. 

I've tried to copy this as closely as possible but I can't get my save file to be loaded by PkHeX (It does work for my Moon save so checkpoint or PkHex isn't the problem). PkHeX says there's a problem with the file size.

Do you know if it could retrieved?

main

hey @Deoxys2512

Are you on the latest PKHeX? It loads on the latest (and on the version right before the latest)?
[the screenshot below is on a version right before the latest]

image.png

I also checked the amount of bytes in your save, and it looks correct, so I really doubt that PKHeX is the problem here.

What are you using to export your save from the 3DS? (JKSM? Checkpoint?)
Sometimes, you need to delete secure value after importing a save, for it to load correctly.
(JKSM is supposed to do this automatically, but apparently sometimes they screw up)

image.png

I'm aware that not all JKSM versions have that option Delete Secure Value.
You may want to find one that has.

ALSO, before you try the thing above,
make sure that for the folder you're importing your main from, there is absolutely nothing else in the folder.
No .bak, no main (copy), NOTHING. :)
That folder must only have main in it, and nothing else.
example:

image.png
Nothing else.

Thanks for replying to me so quickly! Looking at my PkHeX it's at the 11/18/16 Update (I'm working on a Mac) so that's probably definitely the problem.  I downloaded an older version somewhere else off the internet because I had trouble setting it up from the guide (just wouldn't open 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯) But now I'll try downloading it properly. Thanks for the help!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯)