Possible foolproof cloning exploit

coltonsmogon

I may have figured out a cloning exploit for Gen VI (and it may be a legacy one dating all the way back to Gen I & would work even on Gen VII too).

Instructions are as follows:
1. Trade the Pokémon you wish to clone.
2. Do not save the save with the Pokémon you are going to trash. Make sure you save the save with the Pokémon that you're gonna clone.
3. Exit the game the trash Pokémon is in, then restart. IMPORTANT! Make sure you do not save the game that has the trash Pokémon you just traded!
4. Check your party/boxes. Voila, you have a clone!

Requirements (for Gen VI/VII):
1. 2 3DSes (or a trade partner to clone with) & 2 Pokémon games that can trade to each other
2. An internet connection for the internet method (if you're doing this with someone far away)
3. Your Pokémon to clone
4. A useless Pokémon that can be trashed during this process [offtopic](cue Magikarp here lol)[/offtopic]

This is merely a theory I have. I haven't confirmed if this works or not, so can someone please test this with as many generations as possible? Also, this MIGHT need it's own topic, I wasn't sure where to put this so it's going here for the moment.

Edited by coltonsmogon
Forgot to specify what generations the requirements are for...

15 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

That one was the poweroff during trade cloning glitch, but I wonder if this don't save after trade cloning exploit works in previous gens as well...

from what I understand from your "method", you don't want to save the game after receiving the trash, and want to soft reset away the trash, am I right?

Problem with that is,
both games are auto-saved during trading.

7 minutes ago, coltonsmogon said:

I'm pretty sure it's autosaved just before the trade & not afterwards.

They also saved during the trade, that's why the cloning trade exploit needed it to be turned off during the trading process, not after leaving the trade.

If you don't believe it, go do a trade in XY right now..

It'll be way too easy to clone Pokemon if all you had to do is trade it away and soft reset afterwards.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

They also save during the trade, that's why the cloning trade exploit needed it to be turned off during the trading process, not after leaving the trade.

If you don't believe, go do a trade in XY right now..

I can understand why they did that, otherwise something as small as this would've occurred... I'll give you that one.

[offtopic]And also, there needs to be a "blast furnace" of sorts for this forum where ridiculous posts/topics/etc. go to die.[/offtopic]

Yeah, it'll be too easy.
If they don't even save before trade as well,
one can catch legendary, trade it, soft reset, catch again.

They had many generations to fix cloning exploits, but despite that the trading one will continue to persist..

You mean something like gbatemp's edge of the forum? lol

14 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Yeah, it'll be too easy.
If they don't even save before trade as well,
one can catch legendary, trade it, soft reset, catch again.

They had many generations to fix cloning exploits, but despite that the trading one will continue to persist..

You mean something like gbatemp's edge of the forum? lol

Yeah. Something like that.