What does this mean?

munchmill14

22 minutes ago, munchmill14 said:

Every time I go to input a smogon set on a Pokemon from a older Gen it says "EC should match PID"

Here's a picture for a better understanding:

Capture.PNG

If I recall correctly,
Older gen Pokemon when imported using Transporter, the EC (Encryption constant) is cloned from the PID.
(EC didn't exist in older gens)
Capture.PNG

(The Starmie in question I showed, is from Gen 5, I think from my Pokedex series for importing)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I read that it may affect a Pokemon's characteristic.

In any case, if it's an older gen Pokemon and EC must be same as PID, for it to be legal.

It's likely you're looking at a hacked pokemon, that is all I can advise you.

I got it from RoC's PC and it came from Pokemon XD. The problem here is that it's always with the older Generations that this happens with. I assuming that it has something to do with PKHeX not being able to decrypt these games yet. All I did was input a smogon set of actual legal moves. This happens with almost anything and I use to believe that it had to be normal because I was able to play with the Pokemons online. Thank you for the help anyway.

You're not using a release build, are you? Next time, see the details of the changes/commits when you download from the GitHub repository. The builds there may not be stable and hence aren't available as a release.

XD/C is not in this round of implementation. Pretty much every pkm 3-5 will show up as invalid until this round of dev is finished.

• Like 1