Suction Cups not working in Sinnoh

Soniktts

Hi all, 

I've been recently informed that Suction Cups does not work in the Sinnoh Region due to a coding error. I can't find any information on whether this is true or not and I'm lost where to look in the data to confirm this or not. 

Would anyone mind confirming this? It seems strange and it's honestly the first time I've heard of this. 

Much appreciated

When fishing? Then I have to try to use Roar to a wild Octillery? Ok, I'll try.

-EDIT- Works however, tried in italian Diamond, I used an Entei with Roar againist a fished Octillery and Suction cups protected it from Roar.

Edited by Halfshadow
  • Like 1

I think OP is referring to the overworld effect,
where having Suction Cup Pokemon as lead while fishing increases chances of a Pokemon being hooked.
(not about preventing Roar from working)

In any case, never heard about it not working.

Did you try chain fishing near a corner/limited water area, and what is the max chained hooks?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I think OP is referring to the overworld effect,
where having Suction Cup Pokemon as lead while fishing increases chances of a Pokemon being hooked.
(not about preventing Roar from working)

In any case, never heard about it not working.

Did you try chain fishing near a corner/limited water area, and what is the max chained hooks?

I've just tried two Sinnoh games, Diamond and Platinum side by side and it's clearly not working. I only had three successful bites out of ten on each game. 

http://upcarchive.playker.info/0/upokecenter/content/pokemon-diamond-version-pearl-version-and-platinum-version-fishing.html

This site states it doesn't work in D/P/Pt but there's zero research in to this. I have no idea where to look. 

Actually doesn't work. 3 consecutive missed fishings... However not is a serious bug, is worse the Everstone evolving Kadabra IMHO, is impossible avoid Kadabra evolution during a trade, since Diamond and Pearl, to Sun e Moon, and I don't know how fix the bug.