Pokémon Nova Sun & Umbra Moon: Fully-featured, challenging Sun/Moon ROMhacks!

Dio_Vento

is there any way you can make a tutorial for the people who use homebrew and hans? ive spent 3 hours trying to install this but your instructions are very vague...for example when I try to run the setup.bat it keeps saying that the romfs.bin is missing and that like 0 files are found, then it shows its trying to find it in the extracted_ROM folder so I move the romfs.bin there, but then it says system can not find specified path, then it says Rebuild of  (Leveled Build) as a Hans pack is complete. Copy the contents of the Hans_Built folder to the root of your 3DS SD card. Hans builds of  cannot have edited Pokemarts or be used on Old 3DS/2DS Systems. So I do all that and then when I load up homebrew the Nova Sun appears but everytime I go to run it the screen turn black for a few seconds then goes back to the homebrew launcher. please help

I was playing through Umbra moon on Citra-emu and this happened. Are trainers scripted to have shinies, or is this one of those 1/4096 moments. 
I'm playing on Citra b/c I have an O3ds without cfw.

Citra Bleeding Edge _ HEAD-8658bb7 6_16_2017 11_25_44 PM.png

Btw the shops don't work for me (tried Route 1 and Hau'oli Pokemon Centers) any suggestions?

Its this guy if you're wondering:5944a335e67b8_CitraBleedingEdge_HEAD-8658bb76_16_201711_33_24PM.thumb.png.4529e31f09dab8319a6019a3df87ec86.png

Edited by KLorrSTorM317

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to play the expanded build but totally vanilla so the only changes to the game are evolution methods and wild encounters? I've tried leaving out all the unneeded files but the end result is that the wild pokemon are still curved as per the leveled build.

On 7/8/2017 at 4:19 PM, radboy said:

Is there any way to play the expanded build but totally vanilla so the only changes to the game are evolution methods and wild encounters? I've tried leaving out all the unneeded files but the end result is that the wild pokemon are still curved as per the leveled build.

If you only wanted to use the wild encounters from this hack without the actual hack, you would have to manually edit every encounter level back to the standard ones.

On 7/4/2017 at 9:33 PM, Ruwisc said:

Shops seem to be bugged for me now - talking to the shopkeeper softlocks the game. I'm guessing that there's a conflict with Luma 8.1, because they have worked for me in the past.

Update the ROM hack to the latest version. This happens when there's a version mismatch between NS/UM and the update of Sun and Moon. If you are running Sun and Moon v1.2, you need Nova Sun/Umbra Moon v1.5+. Follow the instructions on the second post of this thread to properly update from NSUM v1.4 or lower to NSUM v1.8.

Alternatively, if you are using NSUM v1.8, you need to update your Sun/Moon to v1.2.

Edited by Dio_Vento

On 8/3/2017 at 0:13 PM, whitealcal said:

Good
Have you thought about making bigger changes? For example editing and improving base stats, change types in some pokemon and make them come out with hidden ability?

That won't happen in these hacks. I place some value on "honesty" to the player: Everything in these hacks is within the bounds of the standard game. I want my challenge to come from legitimate strategies, not surprise moves/typing.

Think of it this way. If you got swept by Guts + Bulk Up Heracross, you'd feel like you lost, but you lost to something you understand.

If you got swept by Bulk Up 120 Base Attack Iron Fist Ledian's new Bug Punch move (80BP and can flinch), you'd feel betrayed and there was no way for you to see what was coming.

Edited by Dio_Vento
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2017 at 11:48 PM, Lorick said:

is there any way you can make a tutorial for the people who use homebrew and hans? ive spent 3 hours trying to install this but your instructions are very vague...for example when I try to run the setup.bat it keeps saying that the romfs.bin is missing and that like 0 files are found, then it shows its trying to find it in the extracted_ROM folder so I move the romfs.bin there, but then it says system can not find specified path, then it says Rebuild of  (Leveled Build) as a Hans pack is complete. Copy the contents of the Hans_Built folder to the root of your 3DS SD card. Hans builds of  cannot have edited Pokemarts or be used on Old 3DS/2DS Systems. So I do all that and then when I load up homebrew the Nova Sun appears but everytime I go to run it the screen turn black for a few seconds then goes back to the homebrew launcher. please help

I actually have the exact same problem. I really want to play this game too.

Edited by Pan5ophy

I installed Both Nova sun and Umbra Moon and both are not showing the new items in shops the prices did change but removed items are still listed.

I installed with the drag & drop method and using Luma 8.1.1

Ruutile Ruby is working correctly so I have no idea why its not working as it should, I see on GBATemp others are also mentioning the shops not been updated correctly

14 hours ago, pkman99 said:

I installed Both Nova sun and Umbra Moon and both are not showing the new items in shops the prices did change but removed items are still listed.

I installed with the drag & drop method and using Luma 8.1.1

Ruutile Ruby is working correctly so I have no idea why its not working as it should, I see on GBATemp others are also mentioning the shops not been updated correctly

Look here

Edited by Dio_Vento

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is an issue on your end or on luma but I have an o3ds with luma 8.1.1 and running a digital copy of sun with nova sun & isp patches results in crashes at the first battle with Hau.

I only have the issue with the digital copy, running same patches(built for moon) it with my moon cart version results in no error.

Is it an incompatibility with the patches or should I report to luma's dev?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Prof. Eibe said:

Hey,

do you have an idea when you will release the patches for ultra sun/ultra moon.

Will this happen in the next few weeks or will it take longer.

I´m just wondering if I should wait to play my first run with your patch or if this will be later.

I won't do an ETA, but... I think you should wait.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...