Sign in to follow this  
KnucklesEchidna

answered How to insert Custom Mega Evoluations&Mega Stones to Pokemon X and Y?

I'm a Korean Pokemon 3DS Player, and I want to insert Custom Mega Evoluations&Mega Stones(including Primal Groudon/Kyogre) to Pokemon X and Y.

What should I edit to file in RomFS 'a' Folder in order that insert the Custom Mega Evoluations&Mega Stones to Pokemon X and Y?

Edited by KnucklesEchidna

Mega Stones are just unusable items; the mega evolution is triggered off of just holding an item ID.

Mega Evolutions are to another pkm forme; in the past, people model swap to overwrite pkm that have formes, basically hijacking their mega evolutions. It's a dirty solution hence why no ROM hacks have no mega evolutions.

I'm sure it's possible but I don't know if there's more things that need to be repointed besides the Personal Info indexes and the Model GARC master table. You'll have to use the dirty method to 'add' megas (which is really just replacing another pkm & its formes).

What if (theoretically) he wanted to add every single Mega Evolution not present in X/Y but is in ORAS? This would require copying over the necessary stuff required for said evolutions/reversions (depending on the Pokémon), like Mega Stones, Orbs, animation data, model data, etc.

Edited by coltonsmogon