Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation Patch.

KazoWAR

Yeah I know. I couldn't even begin to comprehend all of that. Had a hard enough time with PokeTEX and NitroExplorer. But know that it's passed, I can agree with mytho.. I can wait too :)

P.s.

Just thinking about it.. I may have a stroke if somebody asks me to try to understand what Kazo does. lol

I hate xml :P

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those links work, but when i download the patch, internet explorer pops up and asks me to save, open, or cancel. When i hit open, it opens up IE again and goes through the same process.:frown: Why do things like that happen, or is it just me>:/?

For the normal version 6 patch click: http://rapidshare.com/files/286641692/HGSS_English_Patch.rar.html

For the one with Rudolph's patch click:

http://rapidshare.com/files/286646931/HGSS_English_Patch___Rudolph_Patch.rar.html

Click Free user and wait for the time to run out and they click download

Ok i read through most of the posts here but i still can not find a solution to my problem. I have an R4 for my Ds and the game with the patch works fine but after playing for 10-20 minutes the game freezes but i can still hear the music playing. I don't know if the anti freeze patch will work for this so i am going to try it out. If anyone knows how to fix this please reply to this thread. thank you for this great patch.

For the normal version 6 patch click: http://rapidshare.com/files/286641692/HGSS_English_Patch.rar.html

For the one with Rudolph's patch click:

http://rapidshare.com/files/286646931/HGSS_English_Patch___Rudolph_Patch.rar.html

Click Free user and wait for the time to run out and they click download

It did the same thing again.:frown: Thanks for trying to help me out though.

• 2 weeks later...

again i can just say thanks a bunch kazo, without this patch i guess i wouldnt be even half way trough the game .

so thank you , works just fine for me :)

@gamecrazy94

maybe , dont klick open , but save as ... or something like that? oh and btw , what browser do you use?

i am willing to help you , just pm me of you want me to !

hmm... yes yes, quite quite Mr. Octopus...

but i have a question. magnius's patch is for dialouge (which i currently have)

however, your patch has much that his does not... would i be able to use your patch on my soul silver rom that was already patched with magnius's? (and get the benificial effects from both?)

nevermind

i have copies, so i'll test myself and report what happens... good work so far :3

____________________________________________________________________________________

by the way, you've done well at translating this game. i speak japanese, so if you are stuck on a word or phrase that doesnt quite make sense, i'd gladly help :D

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Nope, it didnt work... but there must be a way!

now im determined to find it! >=D

Edited by deishido
neglected to mention...

the only way you'll get both is if you yourself make the changes, that is to say do the same thing they're doing as translator (I myself have my copy of magnius's and kazo's translations merged in with my own translations of stuff they don't have) seeing as how they worked on their translations it wouldn't be fair for me to just post a merged version of both. But if you want to do it yourself for your own use all you have to do is:

1) have two copies of the game; one patched by magnius the other by kazo

2) use thenewpoketext to extract the game's text from both games one part at a time and not the whole script at once (ex. 1.xml / 2.xml / etc)

3) merge the difference in all the script parts (there's 814 parts If i remember right)

4) patch the merged script parts back into either game (I merged mine into magnius's patched game cause i like the graphics better)

5) COMPILE your changes and play (make a new .nds from the decompiled files)

as usual that's as simple as I can explain it, hopefully it helps whoever needs it.

Although informative... i dont understand this step...

...would i use a program such as DSbuff or DSlazy, or is there a particular program for doing this?

You use poketext for that, I'm sure you already know how to patch a .xml back into the .narc, after all that is done move the msg.narc(i think that's what it was named) back to the data/0/2/ folder (...again i don't recall of the top of my head) and rename it back to "7" (or else all the changes you make won't be reflected) after that is done use thenewpoketext and use the mkrom command to recompile the rom into a .nds

• 2 weeks later...

...do you happen to have a version 6 with katakana pokemon names? :3

im doing a "perfect run through of HG and SS so i'm litterally going to go through the entire game and create a base of all the pokemon. including all the events released with any hgss effect

(when im done, i'll have a lv45 ho-oh from HG and a lv 70 ho-oh from SS, get it?)

this means that i'll have a dual boot sav file, (with help from DSOrganize and PPSE-DS)

Nevermind :D

My bad... its been a while since i last used the patch... for got it was included ::bidoof:

Edited by deishido
I AM COMPLETELY RETARDED :p

• 4 weeks later...

i cant seem to get the game to work i put the code 020DD9E4 E1A00000 in and the bottom screen works but the top stays black

what the deal ? could some one plz give me a working English rom and a working no$gba

i can play fire red leaf green silve gold blue exc with no problems but when i lode the ss/hg versions it works fine up in tell i put my name in then its all crap

Just in case everyone don't know, The version 7 of the patch is already out. I just downloaded it while ago.

It works find, only one problem though, the pokemons' names is in Japanese, as well as my girl rivle. Can you please translate those into English in version 8?

Also, the poke gears is still in Japanese, but I found one person whose text in the poke gears is in English.