Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver Translation Patch.

KazoWAR

v6 didn't fix my problem eiher i wonder if its just my dsi oh yeah and really he dosent need to translate anymore if people can't find there way in the game they can just look at some walk throughs online besides allot of people already beat the game. serebii .net is a great site for stuff like that.

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course... my guess could be WAY OFF. v6 already? With Katakana?

I can stop playing Raqib's patch now! Romuto's title screen gets annoying after awhile, and there's less English. ALL HAIL Kazo!

Kazo... would you be mad if I took the v6 patched rom I have, and did nothing except add the official english titlescreen logo? For personal use ONLY. The only copy I'll have of this rom will be on my Acekard, not even on my PC. I don't even know how to make a patch, so I couldn't upload it even if I wanted too. I'm working on editing hgss ov sprites, and I'm too lazy to learn ALL OF THAT plus going out of my way to ruin someone's hard work. I'm not mean like that. So, if it's okay with you, Kazo... could I add the English title screen for my SoulSilver to your v6 patch?

Kazo... would you be mad if I took the v6 patched rom I have, and did nothing except add the official english titlescreen logo? For personal use ONLY. The only copy I'll have of this rom will be on my Acekard, not even on my PC. I don't even know how to make a patch, so I couldn't upload it even if I wanted too. I'm working on editing hgss ov sprites, and I'm too lazy to learn ALL OF THAT plus going out of my way to ruin someone's hard work. I'm not mean like that. So, if it's okay with you, Kazo... could I add the English title screen for my SoulSilver to your v6 patch?

I'd assume if it's for your own personal use, and you're not distributing it as your own work, then you can do anything you want to it. You could even replace all sprites with immature, but hilarious, pictures of various body parts. Because who cares what you do on your own ROM?

Well.. good point. I'm gonna go ahead and assume the same thing..

Now I just need to ask good ol Google (or Romruto if he's not busy) to tell me how....

Because I don't know lol, I figure it can't be any harder than making my hero in Platinum into

the Espeon from Mystery Dungeon 2........................... and Dawn into a fugly dunsparce LMAO

Version 6 details.

Thanks to Rykin and Poryhack, some graphics have been edited.

It now comes with Katakana names for the guys who care about legit Pokemon.

The Pokemart's sells men should now be mostly in english.

There have been many fixes to some of the item names and descriptions.

The Fly screen has been translated.

No$GBA users, if you have version 2.6 for No$GBA, set option NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to FLASH 512KBytes. Make sure you save options and restart the emulator afterwards. Also the following code helps with the black screens, use it as AR and RAW.

Thanks to Chase-san.

020DD9E4 E1A00000

Version 6 Progress:

Ability Names: 100% Complete

Ability Descriptions: 100% Complete

Attack Names: 100% Complete

Attack Descriptions 100% Complete

Bag: 100% Completed

Battling Text: 100% Complete

Bill's PC: 100% Completed

Continue Screen: 100% Complete

Item Names: 100% Completed*

Menu: 100% Completed

New Game Text: 100% Completed

Options: 100% Completed

Party Window: 100% Completed

Pokemon Descriptions: 100% Completed

Pokemon Classifications: 100% Completed

Pokemon Summary Pages: 100% Completed

Saving: 100% Completed

Trainer Card: 100% Completed**

Trainer Names: 100% Completed***

Trainer Types: 100% Completed

Vs Recorder: 100% Completed

Apricorn Case ~50 Completed

Item Descriptions ~95% Completed

Locations: ~85% Completed

Pal Pad ~90% Completed

Pokemart Text: ~90% Completed

Wi-Fi Menus: ~95% Completed

Wi-Fi Trading: ~95% Completed

Wi-Fi Plaza: ~75% Completed

Pokedex Interface: 0% Completed

and more to be announced.

Dialog Translation Progress: All major events up to the First Gym have been translated****

I am not going to be doing anymore dialog translations, It just seems like too much work for nothing. If you want a dialog translation, please see Magnius' translation.

Magnius' Translation: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=179686

Graphics:

Pokemon type completed

YES/NO button completed

statuses semi-completed

logo completed

Wi-Fi WIN/LOSE/DRAW completed

*Some Item names maybe incorrectly translated, if so please report it.

**Everything is in English text wise, but there are some Japanese symbols that are part of the trainer card graphic.

There is a limit of 7 characters for trainer names, with this, Leader Lt. Surge and Rocket Boss Giovanni had their names shortened to LtSurge and Giovani.

****Dialog translation may not be entirely accurate.

DOWNLOADS

Version 6

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MTB5QW1E

Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/286641692/HGSS_English_Patch.rar

Version 6 + Rudolph's anti-piracy patch

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TDWCQQ3R

Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/286646931/HGSS_English_Patch___Rudolph_Patch.rar

mine keeps make me restart every time i save it is a r4ds sdhc

Question;

Magnius got more images swapped in pokedex and more dialog, but could you first apply his patch then apply this patch over it for the rest of the stuff, would it "merge" properly?

I tried but failed, wonder if it's possible to get the pokedex and poketech translated and it seems Magnius got that but I am not sure that he got the rest of the features this patch has sadly, it would be cool with a comparison chart but, I am getting "off question" now!

Question;

Magnius got more images swapped in pokedex and more dialog, but could you first apply his patch then apply this patch over it for the rest of the stuff, would it "merge" properly?

I tried but failed, wonder if it's possible to get the pokedex and poketech translated and it seems Magnius got that but I am not sure that he got the rest of the features this patch has sadly, it would be cool with a comparison chart but, I am getting "off question" now!

The way it works is each of them are patching the game script(text) on their own and then put it back into the game. So you can't merge both translations cause the last one you put in overwrites all the text.

Edit:

Attached my script file so that you can look through it maybe compare/merge into yours Poketch names/Poffins and other stuff I can't remember and the dialog parts you can ignore since I chose Magnius's wording over mine at parts. If you use it, awesome if not oh well.

Whohoo! Erh..ahem.. well I normally read and download the files before I ask such things, but yes, you can request that. But it's already on the front page, like the others said.

v7!!!!!!!! My guess is... it's released sometime... a little before the 14th. Let's see if I'm close :)

There can be done more;

1) Translate the menu dialogs for Wifi, GTS, battles, Pokethon and so on.

2) Translate the image statuses in battle (though not really that important).

3) Translate the Pokedex menus and images.

4) Translate the Poketech and menus.

5) The start screen sub-menus for Pokewalker, Wifi, e.g.

I am anyway happy with the patch so far. ;)